Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Lightbulb Mercy is a little over the top

I think the rework is amazing but there are a few things I think make her way too survivable.

1. She regens so much hp per second 2 hanzo body shots dont kill her (junkrat can bomb autoattack and it wont kill, so on and so forth)

2. Her pistol damage with unlimited ammo is a bit insane as well, just watched a potg at 2700 rating with her headshotting and killing a hanzo and 76 in about 3 seconds then onward to kill a reaper and didnt get the kill because he used his shift ability

Am I exaggerating this in my head or has anyone noticed anything similar? Thoughts on the new mercy?

A little OP i'd say, it feels like instead of having 2 healers in a team, it's a must have mercy + 1 more healer, which is definitely bad for balance and game becomes stale faster this way...

She could use a bit of a buff tbh. Too squishy. Also the souls are all over the place and hard to click, make the rez aoe bigger not just a narrow cone.

Deleted
    Right now it feels like in order to counter a Mercy, you need to have a Mercy of your own.

I didn't like the hide and seek Mercy and I understand Blizzard for changing it. But as it is right now, there's more resses total than there were before. And combined with her ultimate she can still res 3-4 people in a relatively short while anyway. I feel like not much has changed, except that it's more annoying to be up against a Mercy than it ever was before.

the ult resetting cd on ress seems a little to much imo.

Deleted
    1: Have you even played Mercy? Two hanzo body-shots definitely kills her. Her regeneration has a 1 second delay after taking damage and regenerates at 20 health per second. A single hanzo shot deals 125 damage, two shots being 250 damage, Mercy has 200 health. If she's hit one time she goes down to 75 health, it would then take 5 seconds to regenerate enough health to survive a second shot, assuming she doesn't take any damage what so ever from any other source in that time.

Junkrat deals 120 damage per hit, so it's pretty much the exact same situation.

2: In those three seconds, that hanzo could just as easily have killed that Mercy, a single headshot, splitting arrow shot or two body-shots and she goes down. Keep in mind that it's also an ultimate, and you would have to compare it to the likes of Soldier/Genji/Tracer ultimates, which it doesn't even come close to. Even if she does choose to focus on dealing damage, she's sacrificing a lot of potential damage-boosting (to the whole team) as well as healing (to the whole team).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    1: Have you even played Mercy? Two hanzo body-shots definitely kills her. Her regeneration has a 1 second delay after taking damage and regenerates at 20 health per second. A single hanzo shot deals 125 damage, two shots being 250 damage, Mercy has 200 health. If she's hit one time she goes down to 75 health, it would then take 5 seconds to regenerate enough health to survive a second shot, assuming she doesn't take any damage what so ever from any other source in that time.

Junkrat deals 120 damage per hit, so it's pretty much the exact same situation.

2: In those three seconds, that hanzo could just as easily have killed that Mercy, a single headshot, splitting arrow shot or two body-shots and she goes down. Keep in mind that it's also an ultimate, and you would have to compare it to the likes of Soldier/Genji/Tracer ultimates, which it doesn't even come close to. Even if she does choose to focus on dealing damage, she's sacrificing a lot of potential damage-boosting (to the whole team) as well as healing (to the whole team).
    Why would you compare a support healer's ult to match a damage's? I am a little confused. Yes the Hanzo COULD have killed her, but at that rating it comes down to sheer skill and who out aimed who first.

Your first point may be correct but I have for sure hit mercy within "5 seconds" twice without her dying while I was Hanzo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post
    Why would you compare a support healer's ult to match a damage's? I am a little confused. Yes the Hanzo COULD have killed her, but at that rating it comes down to sheer skill and who out aimed who first.

Your first point may be correct but I have for sure hitt mercy within "5 seconds" twice without her dying while I was Hanzo.
    I'm comparing the damage output aspect of it because she can't do any supporting what-so-ever whilst shooting, and even then it doesn't even come close to their ultimates. Unlike Ana's ultimate which is a significant damage boost to another person, she can still heal and sleep people during it.

Do the math yourself and you'll see that I'm right about hanzo shots, the only possible way for her to survive two shots is increased health via armour/shield generator or quick healing from a medkit or Ana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at her pick rates, every team has a Mercy. That's not just her being fun, that's her being overpowered to the point of dictating the game. I talked 6 months ago about the game feeling like 'who can keep the other Mercy the most dead', now it doesn't just feel like it, that is literally the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Look at her pick rates, every team has a Mercy. That's not just her being fun, that's her being overpowered to the point of dictating the game. I talked 6 months ago about the game feeling like 'who can keep the other Mercy the most dead', now it doesn't just feel like it, that is literally the game.
    Very good point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    So should we also nerf Genji, Tracer, Winston, Zenyatta and Lucio? Their pick-rates must be around the same. Don't think I've seen a single game without Winston on both sides ever in the last two seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    So should we also nerf Genji, Tracer, Winston, Zenyatta and Lucio? Their pick-rates must be around the same. Don't think I've seen a single game without Winston on both sides ever in the last two seasons.
    Mercy has more than double the pickrate of any other hero in the game right now, this is over all MMR brackets.

Some of those heroes are arguably too strong too (Tracer, Winston maybe, who knows)but nothing as excessive as Mercy.

So no their pickrates are definitely not the same.

No real pro-play on this patch yet but a lot of people here argue those pickrates don't really matter much anyways.

She's not OP she's in a good place for a healer. The team should focus the mercy yet 99% of the time they just focus the tank mercy is healing.

The problem is Ana is not in a good spot. They over nerfed her time and time again and it wasn't Ana being a problem it was Mercy not being great.

Zen and Lucio are not really main healers, you bring them more for support. Like lucio with his speed boost and Zen with his discord and they bring some minor healing.

So you really only have 2 main healers Ana and Mercy and Ana is a high skill cap hero with no reward atm since Mercy found her wings.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Or, consider giving other healers some impact. Ana had great burst healing before she got gutted, Zen used to be a great flank tool before he got nerfed, Lucio is still an extremely popular pick. Buff other healers to Mercy's level first.

Quote Originally Posted by zesilo View Post

Your first point may be correct but I have for sure hit mercy within "5 seconds" twice without her dying while I was Hanzo.
    Part of her Ult includes reduced damage taken if I remember the patch notes correctly. If she's focused or has a predictable movement pattern she drops pretty quickly, which a lot of people haven't realized anencephaly just ignore her as she flies overhead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Or, consider giving other healers some impact. Ana had great burst healing before she got gutted, Zen used to be a great flank tool before he got nerfed, Lucio is still an extremely popular pick. Buff other healers to Mercy's level first.
    Ana's main issue lately in most games I have played (yes, anecdotal) comes down more to who she's playing against than the nerfs she received. I still play her a lot against teams with Rein and Hog, even Zarya; but the second I see Winston or DVa I get off her. The fact that their absorb/shield bubble eats Ana's healing makes her borderline useless as a healer if you play her far away (like she is mostly designed for). Unless you get inside the bubble with your team, you are putting out 0 healing. Even being in melee, a DVa using Matrix will still eat the shots.
    I've seen and played successful games with solo Ana healers, but I've seen more where it doesn't work simply because one of those 2 tanks are present.

Her ult needs to be shortened, 20 seconds of ult is ridiculous.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

What I find funny is, neither of OP's 'problems' were created from the rework. She's had one second regen for months. A Soldier dying in three seconds would die regardless of her having infinite ammo during ult, her gun takes longer than three seconds to empty.

What I find funny is, neither of OP's 'problems' were created from the rework. She's had one second regen for months. A Soldier dying in three seconds would die regardless of her having infinite ammo during ult, her gun takes longer than three seconds to empty.
    Some of OP's problems are not really of any concern imo, like the pistol damage, it's not why the ult is good.

However having uninterruptable regen is a new thing so I'm not sure what you're talking about there? Plenty of players just solo ult her now because you need pretty good incredible aim to kill an ulting Mercy who knows what she's doing without ults/WM

I really doubt buffing other healers would do much to change anything about her pickrate but I'd be down for some Ana buffs, sure.
    Last edited by Woobels; 2017-09-30 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    Some of OP's problems are not really of any concern imo, like the pistol damage, it's not why the ult is good.

However having uninterruptable regen is a new thing so I'm not sure what you're talking about there? Plenty of players just solo ult her now because you need pretty good incredible aim to kill an ulting Mercy who knows what she's doing without ults/WM

I really doubt buffing other healers would do much to change anything about her pickrate but I'd be down for some Ana buffs, sure.
    I mean, Mercy is picked because she's one of two healers that can properly perform their function right now, alongside Lucio. She's supposed to be a dedicated support, with sustained healing. She does that very well. Lucio is supposed to be a hybrid support with utility, which he does very well. Ana is supposed to be a burst healer, with utility. She no longer fulfills the first part that well. Zen is supposed to be a flank assisting healer/dps hybrid. He no longer assists in flanks that well. Giving Zen and Ana some buffs, alongside giving us more than four options of healers, might improve the state of supports. Mercy's winrate isn't inflated because she's OP, it's inflated because she's the only person that can reliably heal.

I mean, Mercy is picked because she's one of two healers that can properly perform their function right now, alongside Lucio. She's supposed to be a dedicated support, with sustained healing. She does that very well. Lucio is supposed to be a hybrid support with utility, which he does very well. Ana is supposed to be a burst healer, with utility. She no longer fulfills the first part that well. Zen is supposed to be a flank assisting healer/dps hybrid. He no longer assists in flanks that well. Giving Zen and Ana some buffs, alongside giving us more than four options of healers, might improve the state of supports. Mercy's winrate isn't inflated because she's OP, it's inflated because she's the only person that can reliably heal.
    I think it's too early to just assume she's not OP and her pickrate is only because other healers are weak, I don't really think buffing Ana and Zen a little is going to make Mercy picked less.

Either something is going to have to change eventually.