Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    So like, Murky, Stitches, ETC, Hammer, Morales, Lunara, Nazeebo, Xul...oh wait, none of those are OW heroes right?
    Right, four are from WoW, two are from Starcraft, one is from Diablo III and one is from Diablo 2.

If you're aiming at the fact that Murky/Lunara weren't in WoW until after they had appeared in HOTS, Murky was a named version of a race that was renowned and highly popular, Lunara was a named version of a troop type from WC3 that was used in the original DOTA (the game HOTS was initially based off) just like Brightwing (who you forgot to mention).

10+ Year Old Account
    So like, Murky, Stitches, ETC, Hammer, Morales, Lunara, Nazeebo, Xul...oh wait, none of those are OW heroes right?
    Whenever someone mentions they dislike flood of Overwatch Heroes you bring those characters as if it was meaningful counterargument.

Clearly the game is not about bringing just lore characters, it is a way for Blizzard to pay a tribute to characters that made them famous. Even though Tracer might have more story surrounding her than Stitches but without him murdering countless players in Duskwood and being a representation of iconic Warcraft III unit, the Overwatch would never cease to exist. Same goes for everything else you just listed, well maybe apart from Nazeebo as the introduction of Witch Doctor was controversial but I think it was more because of something like class representation 'quotas'.

E.T.C. is maybe the only character who is outside of any game, but he is a tribute to Blizzard developers who formed a band with such name and he is their mascot. Actually a current HotS game director is their drummer.

The real difference is, people who complain about too many Overwatch characters are in a sense providing a valuable feedback. Sure you can never please everybody, but the uproar against Overwatch related content has been pretty high every time it happened (Heroes 2.0 launch was basically Overwatch event as is Assault on Volskaya). It is clear as a day now that Blizzard should be more careful with pushing Overwatch characters even though the franchise is equal to other established brands. Even when the game was announced it immediately polarised community, it is the way it is. Or when they released 5 Wacraft Assassins they acknowledged their mistake. Those waves of complaints might actually bring more variety in releases.

On the other hand 'defending' against complaints is not feedback. Well, as long as you clearly wanted to see Ana and Junkrat in a game and Overwatch is your jam. However when looking at majority of 'most wanted character' lists, you rarely see Overwatch characters occupying first spots.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Whenever someone mentions they dislike flood of Overwatch Heroes you bring those characters as if it was meaningful counterargument.

Clearly the game is not about bringing just lore characters, it is a way for Blizzard to pay a tribute to characters that made them famous. Even though Tracer might have more story surrounding her than Stitches but without him murdering countless players in Duskwood and being a representation of iconic Warcraft III unit, the Overwatch would never cease to exist. Same goes for everything else you just listed, well maybe apart from Nazeebo as the introduction of Witch Doctor was controversial but I think it was more because of something like class representation 'quotas'.

E.T.C. is maybe the only character who is outside of any game, but he is a tribute to Blizzard developers who formed a band with such name and he is their mascot. Actually a current HotS game director is their drummer.

The real difference is, people who complain about too many Overwatch characters are in a sense providing a valuable feedback. Sure you can never please everybody, but the uproar against Overwatch related content has been pretty high every time it happened (Heroes 2.0 launch was basically Overwatch event as is Assault on Volskaya). It is clear as a day now that Blizzard should be more careful with pushing Overwatch characters even though the franchise is equal to other established brands. Even when the game was announced it immediately polarised community, it is the way it is. Or when they released 5 Wacraft Assassins they acknowledged their mistake. Those waves of complaints might actually bring more variety in releases.

On the other hand 'defending' against complaints is not feedback. Well, as long as you clearly wanted to see Ana and Junkrat in a game and Overwatch is your jam. However when looking at majority of 'most wanted character' lists, you rarely see Overwatch characters occupying first spots.
    Lunara, nor the dryad she represents, did not make Blizzard famous. She represents a unit that the VAST majority of players couldn't name 3 things about. Nor did Morales(representing the Medic). ETC sure as hell isn't Blizzard's "mascot", dunno what hat you're pulling that rabbit from.

I have 0 fucking interest in Ana or Junkrat, but they are a part of Blizzard properties, which is exactly what HotS is supposed to be about, so yes, they have just as much fucking place in the game as Thrall or Deathwing or Diablo or Raynor. And sorry, no, "OW heroes don't belong here cause they have no lore!!1!" is not feedback, only a fool would feel it is. The amount of "lore" a character has is fuck all irrelevant to the game, and if the anti-OW babies would quit pretending it is and covering their eyes in regards to all the other characters in game with very little lore, maybe they could give some REAL feedback.

i hope they continue to follow the trend of releasing brawls that match the event and new maps/heroes

If complaining that you don't want more characters from X franchise that you don't personally care about is considered valuable feedback now, then logically saying that I do want more characters from said franchise that I personally love must be equally valuable feedback. Neither should be though, because personal taste is subjective, and you can indeed never please everyone. I don't care about SC or really even Diablo, but I don't get up in arms every damn time they add a character from one of those, because they belong in the game, just as OW characters do due to its core concept.

Currently the amount of characters per franchise are as follows: WoW 35 / SC 15 / D 15 / OW 7 (Junkrat included, even though he's not out yet). There's literally less than half of them compared to the next, so it's really not "Heroes of Overwatch" by any stretch of the imagination (that'd be "Heroes of Warcraft"). OW heroes have come in a shorter time span because the game hasn't been out as long, they have some catching up to do, it's just natural.

As stated above, character-specific lore is irrelevant in dictating whether or not we should get heroes from X franchise, that's not the way it works. Regardless, most OW characters have been quite well fleshed out around their own game, they have more lore and personality than can be said for many other HotS characters; particularly from Diablo and SC, but even some from WoW. It rather sounds like people are mixing lore with nostalgia.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion about what franchise they fancy, but in the end it's just that, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lunara, nor the dryad she represents, did not make Blizzard famous. She represents a unit that the VAST majority of players couldn't name 3 things about. Nor did Morales(representing the Medic).
    The truth is, they are part of something that made Overwatch possible.

ETC sure as hell isn't Blizzard's "mascot", dunno what hat you're pulling that rabbit from.
    Learn to read, he is a mascot of the band.

I have 0 fucking interest in Ana or Junkrat, but they are a part of Blizzard properties, which is exactly what HotS is supposed to be about, so yes, they have just as much fucking place in the game as Thrall or Deathwing or Diablo or Raynor. And sorry, no, "OW heroes don't belong here cause they have no lore!!1!" is not feedback, only a fool would feel it is. The amount of "lore" a character has is fuck all irrelevant to the game, and if the anti-OW babies would quit pretending it is and covering their eyes in regards to all the other characters in game with very little lore, maybe they could give some REAL feedback.
    Again, learn to read. It is just clear as the fucking sun that Overwatch content is causing uproar whenever it is pumped out in large chunks. The feedback here is not their reasoning, it is the fact they dislike it for their own petty reason. The only other controversial decision they made was releasing 5 Wacraft Assassins in a row. Everything else was highly positive.

The thing is, people might stop playing the game based on their opinion. Whether it is retarded mumbling or sensible reasoning of their disappontment. If your numbers shrink it still is a feedback, like it or not. It is up to company to either play it safe or risky.

Anything people say is technically feedback, but how valuable is another question.

No matter what you do, some will like it and some won't. You simply can't always please everyone, it's literally impossible. The best you can do is give everyone a slice of their favorite flavor on their turn. If some people can't handle those turns when others get something they don't personally like and just want their own favorite all the time, frankly that's their problem and really not something you could reliably operate around. (It looks even more petty considering the amount of OW heroes there are in comparison to the others.)

Edit: There is no such options as "safe" and "risky" here, that's the whole point, because different people like different things. While you bow to one you moon the other, as the saying goes.
    Last edited by Twen; 2017-09-29 at 07:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twen View Post
    Anything people say is technically feedback, but how valuable is another question.
    This is correct.

No matter what you do, some will like it and some won't. You simply can't always please everyone, it's literally impossible. The best you can do is give everyone a slice of their favorite flavor on their turn. If some people can't handle those turns when others get something they don't personally like and just want their own favorite all the time, frankly that's their problem and really not something you could reliably operate around. (It looks even more petty considering the amount of OW heroes there are in comparison to the others.)
    The thing is, HotS is not a reflection of it's creator like some arts are. For example music, you can have band like The Dillinger Escape Plan that sounds like absolute horseshit to most people. However the band has huge following for staying true to themselves, eventually they cut off the fans of genre or shit like that to create their own dedicated fanbase. However they are nowhere near selling the same amount of records like Justin Bieber or Adele.

People are mostly fine taking turns if it is not in a excessive amount. I can tell you, if I came to party of my friends who like hip-hop and wanted to play two or three Dillinger songs in a row, they would fucking hate me and ask me to not have such request ever in my life. Even though they would be fine with one song.

What I am trying to say, it depends on a lot of factors and if you release something that polarises community it can be both good and bad depending on what your goal is.

They are part of Darkmoon Faire aren't they? Or am I just imagining things?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    They are part of Darkmoon Faire aren't they? Or am I just imagining things?
    They were in Shattrath City in Outland playing in one of the inns, not sure if they still are.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenris View Post
    They were in Shattrath City in Outland playing in one of the inns, not sure if they still are.
    Ye a quick search shows that they are playing in Shattrath, in Blackrock Depths and in DMF.

Deleted
    The map is not as bad as I've thought it would be but still dislike it. Is it me only or is the minigun of the mech bugged? No matter where I target it, it still fires at random location.

Also, what's up with the sudden spike of awful players and troll pickers?

I don't care if Valla has a cowboy skin, I still want McCree dammit.

Well at least the new map is 300000% better then hanamura, but thats a given.

What I am trying to say, it depends on a lot of factors and if you release something that polarises community it can be both good and bad depending on what your goal is.
    Suppose so. Though one could argue that adding more from the franchise that has the smallest amount by far compared to the others in the game really shouldn't be so polarizing in the first place, but I guess that's not how feelings work. Alas.

(Edit: wording for clarity.)
    Last edited by Twen; 2017-09-29 at 05:57 PM.

Why the fuck everything coming from this shitty overwatch game to Hots is broken and doesn't work in moba ?

Deleted
    Liked Overwatch for about a week but quickly lost interest, it just pales in comparison to the lore and stories of Diablo and Warcraft (even SC) so not a fan of Overwatch related content in Heroes, but end of the day variety is still variety, and they do play very different compared to traditional heroes so that's cool. The only one I'd look forward to in Heroes is Reinhardt though.

I'm not interested in Overwatch characters either, but I'm looking at the bigger picture. It's clear that the huge influx of OW heroes is Blizzards attempt at reaching out to younger player base, most of veterans and old boys already tried HotS at this point. Any measure to increase the popularity of my beloved HotS is good in my books, even if that means stomaching heroes I don't really feel excited about.

And I actually learned to like some of OW additions, both maps and some heroes are very enjoyable to me (Lucio is really fun to play, for example). Eventually, my favourites from Warcraft and Diablo will come anyway, no need to rush it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyraz View Post
    Liked Overwatch for about a week but quickly lost interest, it just pales in comparison to the lore and stories of Diablo and Warcraft (even SC)
    Even with Diablo(which is my favorite franchise), the lore is very, very much revolving mostly around the angels and demons and their war, there is actually very little lore about any of the player classes(a couple pages, generally), or any of the monsters barring the major bosses. I mean I'd love a D2 druid or assassin or sorceress, but in terms of lore...there's a few short paragraphs about their history/story, then a sentence like this "Sending his plea to the very core of the earth, the Druid rends the earth's very crust, tearing open volcanic vents beneath the feet of his adversaries, charring them to the bone"(regarding Fissure) about each of their skills, and...that's pretty much it. I love them, and I would love to have them in HotS(more than any OW hero, that's for sure), but...it's not cause of the vast amount of lore and story afforded to them. And that's for classes, if you look at monsters, like Cow King or Rakanishu(both of whom I have seen people request before), there's even less lore behind them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suppose so. Though one could argue that adding more from the franchise that has the smallest amount by far compared to the others in the game really shouldn't be so polarizing in the first place, but I guess that's not how feelings work. Alas.
    It is something about Overwatch itself. I don't know, maybe the art style, theme and simply being new.

I remember when they revealed it, some loved it and others were stictly against it as it was different from anything Blizzard has done before.