Thread: State of Feral

State of Feral

How is feral now after patch? I currently play Frost mage. Is it better or worse? Is it good in ST?

According to logs, it is one the most terrible specs, even after patch. Is that accurate and I should play my enh shaman or my arms warrior instead?
    Last edited by Specialka; 2017-09-27 at 04:36 PM.

I'm not sure which logs you're looking at but just checking 75% mythic on various bosses feral seems to be in the upper half on almost every boss.

Yes, but you should not look at middle of the pack player to evaluate the worth of a spec or class. You should look at top players and we do that, feral is last or nearly last on most fights in heroic or mythic. Any explanation about that? Feral is so crap currently or is it something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, but setting it to the 90th percentile Feral is still in the mid/upper-mid range on most bosses on both Heroic/Mythic. We're in a really good state.

Also, keep in mind looking at the top players is not always the way to go. Top parses often involve a lot of cheese, especially with Heroic parses, and cutting edge Mythic raid teams purposefully use certain classes and specs so representation is skewed to all hell.

I'm of the personal opinion that looking at parses to decide on what class to play is a waste of time, but the fact is Feral is looking good in that area anyway. If you enjoy the gameplay then embrace your inner cat. We do not have the pure ST damage we used to but with the recent changes we are solid all around. I'd say our biggest strength right now is cleave (Demonic Inquisition being one of our best fights imo).

Don't know what logs ur seeing but ferals are actually very good now in most situations. hell it even got used in the MDI (america). and ferals dont have that much utility when it comes to cc and stuff. so the damage should speak for itself

i play feral myself. on 914 i was able to do 890k+ steady dps. and not some 1 min fight. but an full heroic fight that was 6 minutes. and i wasnt even optimized for feral that much. i was running haste mastery mostly from resto.

Talking

There's been a massive increase in DPS, a Majority of raids ive been in (From En norm to Tos HC) ive been in the Top 3, when i get home i can link some logs from pre-patch and post, but its gone from being a terrble spec to something really enjoyable.
    Last edited by Tyrilion; 2017-09-28 at 08:28 AM. Reason: spell check

I feel it is better, but I have done a total of one heroic raid with my feral is rather poor gear. Still did better than I thought.

With the changes, especially the ones that buffed our AoE, we have been moved more in-line with the meta game of Legion. We have way better front loaded AoE and single target, which fits better in M+ and on a lot of boss fights in the raids.

We still lack utility and we still lack our versatility. But apparently, the devs don’t want to buff our Affinities, which are way over-budget, when you look at what we gain from them.

Lul, ferals complaining about utility when they have a ton.

-Blink
    -Roar of Usain bolt
    -Soaking/tanking with Bear form(Don't underestimate you being able to take 4-5 hits from boss if you have boss at 1% health)
    -2x 50% DR CDs is fucking bonkers(especially when combined with Bear form)
    -CC utility with roots/knockback
    -Insane AoE burst
    -Increase raid DPS with Vers buff from TF

Holy fucking shit you can't say Ferals don't have utility. The only reason Ferals were not taken before was that they did shit DPS and there were only a handful that were able to perfrom at acceptable levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    -Roar of Usain bolt
    Genius. Pure genius.

Deleted
    I find the current feral to be really enjoyable, but still prefer Boomie. Energy still feels a bit cluncky at times, but not as bad as it was before.

-Blink
    -Roar of Usain bolt
    -Soaking/tanking with Bear form(Don't underestimate you being able to take 4-5 hits from boss if you have boss at 1% health)
    -Insane AoE burst

Holy fucking shit you can't say Ferals don't have utility. The only reason Ferals were not taken before was that they did shit DPS and there were only a handful that were able to perfrom at acceptable levels.
    Roar has super shit range, and most raids in Legion run bears anyway, who have better Roar, so that utility is covered already. Feral is tuned around the vers buff(and even if it isn't, 3k vers with 33% uptime isn't huge), it's not a raid DPS buff. Other than that agreed. Feral is worse at soaking than rogues, but better than any other melee, and trades basically no singletarget for huge burst AoE. It's also much easier to play in 7.3 than before, because they nerfed all the parts that were punishing and buffed the baseline spec.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-10-02 at 12:59 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

-Blink
    -Roar of Usain bolt
    -Insane AoE burst

We used to be able to do some actual healing. We used to be able to do some ranged dps. We can't do any of that anymore, even though the devs made Resto and Balance Affinity.

They should fix that bad game design.

PS: I love the Roar of Usain Bolt. I wish we had the same range for that as Guardians.