Psu watt for 1080ti and 8700k (pluss rest obv)

Hey Im wondering what watt i need to get, is 650W enough?

A good 650 will be plenty. I recommend seasonic or superflower.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    A good 650 will be plenty. I recommend seasonic or superflower.
    Thank you
    Do you mean super NOVA? Also why them?

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    Thank you
    Do you mean super NOVA? Also why them?
    Super Flower is one of the best OEM manufacturers in the market who use high-quality components. Many of the best power supplies in the industry are built by Super Flower which is why they have such an esteemed reputation along with Seasonic.

You can check out jonnyguru too if you want the best PSU resource available. Basically anything recommended by them is considered to be top tier.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-09-29 at 08:27 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Super Flower is one of the best OEM manufacturers in the market who use high-quality components. Many of the best power supplies in the industry are built by Super Flower which is why they have such an esteemed reputation along with Seasonic.

You can check out jonnyguru too if you want the best PSU resource available. Basically anything recommended by them is considered to be top tier.
    Thank you. Im honestly thinking about this one because of 10y warranty:
    https://www.komplett.no/product/9060...nium-750w-psu#
    But then again soon gpus will be powered trough mobo and that might be a problem with cpu wires

Is this super FLOWER or nova?
    https://www.komplett.no/product/9135...0-g3-750w-psu#
    Last edited by Lanfear1; 2017-09-29 at 08:33 PM.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you. Im honestly thinking about this one because of 10y warranty:
    https://www.komplett.no/product/9060...nium-750w-psu#
    But then again soon gpus will be powered trough mobo and that might be a problem with cpu wires

Is this super FLOWER or nova?
    https://www.komplett.no/product/9135...0-g3-750w-psu#
    You can't go wrong with either model if these are the two you're interested in although I see that the G3 is 1100 less likely due to their efficiency rating. The G3 also has a 10 year warranty.

To clarify the name: In this case, the manufacturer of the power supply is Super Flower. They then sell it to EVGA who re-badge it. This is why many variations of the same power supply can be found across several brands. When Super Flower sells it, they call it the Leadex II Gold whereas when EVGA sells it they call it their SuperNOVA G3.

This is why you generally see an OEM tag with a different brand name for the product within the details.

Actually, it seems as though EVGA may be in hot water where they're sending out review samples which are made by Super Flower but retail versions are being made by RSY. This seems to only be in regards to the B3 but that's still pretty shady.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-09-30 at 01:53 AM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

You can't go wrong with either model if these are the two you're interested in although I see that the G3 is 1100 less likely due to their efficiency rating. The G3 also has a 10 year warranty.

To clarify the name: In this case, the manufacturer of the power supply is Super Flower. They then sell it to EVGA who re-badge it. This is why many variations of the same power supply can be found across several brands. When Super Flower sells it, they call it the Leadex II Gold whereas when EVGA sells it they call it their SuperNOVA G3.

This is why you generally see an OEM tag with a different brand name for the product within the details.

Actually, it seems as though EVGA may be in hot water where they're sending out review samples which are made by Super Flower but retail versions are being made by RSY. This seems to only be in regards to the B3 but that's still pretty shady.
    Thank I will get the seasonic Prime Gold 750w. Titanium is 33% ish more expencive. 12 y warranty makes me want an extra 100 w (so 750 not 650)
    https://www.komplett.no/product/9176...-gold-750w-psu

Thoughts?

Thank I will get the seasonic Prime Gold 750w. Titanium is 33% ish more expencive. 12 y warranty makes me want an extra 100 w (so 750 not 650)
    https://www.komplett.no/product/9176...-gold-750w-psu

Thoughts?
    Those are some of the best power supplies you can buy (I myself use a 650W titanium) so go for it, you should not be dissapointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Those are some of the best power supplies you can buy (I myself use a 650W titanium) so go for it, you should not be dissapointed.
    Thank you

10+ Year Old Account

You have to be careful on this statement cause the EVGA B3s (Super Flower OEM) tested by Aris all exploded (well, went up in flames) or just stopped working when he tested the protection capabilities of the PSU.
    B3 450-650 don't have overpower protection and 750-850 did but threshold is too high it just broke.

Super Flower has a small track of cheating in some benchmarks. A couple Leadex (both under their brand and Evga) have come out with false hold up time readings where the 12V rails went out of spec before the PWR_OK was turned off. Not as wide spread as Sirfa but still bad.

Personally not a fan of the in cable caps that recently companies have been putting in. That's a whole different story and up to you if you want to consider it cheating.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-09-30 at 07:17 PM.