Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    To be fair you've seen some absolutely terrible movies with bad reviews in the past.
    Yes well this currently has 0% on Rotten Tomatoes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    If memory serves, though, pony movie next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    If memory serves, though, pony movie next week.
    That it is and I don't expect rave reviews of it. Just from the trailers it seems completely bloated when it comes to characters and stories that there doesn't seem to be a lot of focus. I mean the poster has 15 characters on it alone, and we know they'll be a few more, and you can count at least three stories with the sea ponies, broken unicorn, and main bad guy.

The animation is nice from what we can see, but I'm betting around 48-62% for RT, for critics, and a bit higher for audiences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Dragon View Post
    Did you see the Emoji movie? That had a 0% as well starting out.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    That it is and I don't expect rave reviews of it. Just from the trailers it seems completely bloated when it comes to characters and stories that there doesn't seem to be a lot of focus. I mean the poster has 15 characters on it alone, and we know they'll be a few more, and you can count at least three stories with the sea ponies, broken unicorn, and main bad guy.

The animation is nice from what we can see, but I'm betting around 48-62% for RT, for critics, and a bit higher for audiences.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hard to disagree right now. That became noticeable when the first trailer didn't even list the main voice actors, just the guests. Though I will likely not see it until it makes its way to Netflix.

Hard to disagree right now. That became noticeable when the first trailer didn't even list the main voice actors, just the guests. Though I will likely not see it until it makes its way to Netflix.
    That was a glaring issue, this is one of those animated films where it thinks that shoving in a ton of "famous" people will make it good, but it just tends to go unnoticeable or no real point to having them in there. Just from the trailer they could easily have taken out the porcupine/diamond dog, the singer pony, and the sea ponies, and even the big bad could probably be kicked out for the broken unicorn, but those are incredibly initial thoughts knowing nothing else besides what the trailer has shown.

I definitely want to see it, but no way I'd be seeing it at a theater and doing it alone. That's a one way ticket to being put on a list. I'll buy it on DVD, but unless I suddenly find a date that loves MLP and wants to see it there is no way I'll be paying for a ticket.

10+ Year Old Account
    That was a glaring issue, this is one of those animated films where it thinks that shoving in a ton of "famous" people will make it good, but it just tends to go unnoticeable or no real point to having them in there.
    I'm a voice actor snob too. I get annoyed when animated shows throw in famous people to just "do their voice" and they call it "voice acting". It's not. It's just acting.

It's the Chris Rock effect, and I will hate him forever because of what he said.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something has been growing in my backyard for the past few years, no clue what it is. It's about 7 feet tall now, multiple shoots coming out of the ground.

And now it's growing little purple things. I have no idea what's going on, but at least they are pretty. Probably shouldn't eat them though.

Sig: Elyssia | DJoron is the Best

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyera View Post
    Something has been growing in my backyard for the past few years, no clue what it is. It's about 7 feet tall now, multiple shoots coming out of the ground.

And now it's growing little purple things. I have no idea what's going on, but at least they are pretty. Probably shouldn't eat them though.
    I would not trust eating anything out of the ground you didn't put there yourself.

I'm a voice actor snob too. I get annoyed when animated shows throw in famous people to just "do their voice" and they call it "voice acting". It's not. It's just acting.

It's the Chris Rock effect, and I will hate him forever because of what he said.
    I just hate when they throw "famous" people into it for little to no reason past hoping they'l put more butts in seats.

It's probably a kind of weed or even a kind of berry tree, but definitely don't go eating any of it, and you will most likely want to cut it down so animals don't congregate for those berries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hate when they throw "famous" people into it for little to no reason past hoping they'l put more butts in seats.

It's probably a kind of weed or even a kind of berry tree, but definitely don't go eating any of it, and you will most likely want to cut it down so animals don't congregate for those berries.
    It's too pretty to cut down!
    I would not trust eating anything out of the ground you didn't put there yourself.
    What if I had a case of Explosive Amnesia and forgot I put them there?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too pretty to cut down!

What if I had a case of Explosive Amnesia and forgot I put them there?
    Then you're gonna need to have them tested in a lab.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you're gonna need to have them tested in a lab.
    Pft

I hope you got the reference!

If not, I'll quote another line from the same guy

"I'm sure you're wondering why I tricked you all into hand gliding here. For you see, one of us is a Murder! It's me, but the real question is, who is the victim? And that is a secret I will take to my grave!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pft

I hope you got the reference!

If not, I'll quote another line from the same guy

"I'm sure you're wondering why I tricked you all into hand gliding here. For you see, one of us is a Murder! It's me, but the real question is, who is the victim? And that is a secret I will take to my grave!"
    I'm going on very very little sleep, so I didn't get the reference immediately. I do now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going on very very little sleep, so I didn't get the reference immediately. I do now.
    Yay!

Also, get more sleep!

Also Also, I was wrong. Calculon doesn't say it. His son does. Right before he breaks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay!

Also, get more sleep!

Also Also, I was wrong. Calculon doesn't say it. His son does. Right before he breaks.
    I went to bed around 4:30, set my alarm for 11, to wake up in time to watch Florida/Vandy. Woke up around 8 with stomach cramps, kept trying to go back to sleep, unable to. So...yeah. Gonna be a bad day. Lots of football to watch, new episode of My Hero Academia, two other anime I'm watching, and I'm already wanting to go back to sleep. Plus, the Alabama game is at 8, my friends will likely want me to come over and watch it with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to bed around 4:30, set my alarm for 11, to wake up in time to watch Florida/Vandy. Woke up around 8 with stomach cramps, kept trying to go back to sleep, unable to. So...yeah. Gonna be a bad day. Lots of football to watch, new episode of My Hero Academia, two other anime I'm watching, and I'm already wanting to go back to sleep. Plus, the Alabama game is at 8, my friends will likely want me to come over and watch it with them.
    Tell them to eat a goat nut!

10+ Year Old Account
    Tell them to eat a goat nut!
    Or a kupo nut.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or a kupo nut.
    Not sure what those are

10+ Year Old Account