As someone who still plays Vanilla and Retail, they are almost completely different games to me. I love certain things about both. For example, I think the leveling process in Vanilla is fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Blacklist is revisionist garbage
    Keep dreaming. Blacklists were abundant and very much real. Being a troll ruined your reputation on my server, and you had to either find a new server or re-roll and level from the very beginning (which was a MASSIVE undertaking).

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Keep dreaming. Blacklists were abundant and very much real. Being a troll ruined your reputation on my server, and you had to either find a new server or re-roll and level from the very beginning (which was a MASSIVE undertaking).
    ..or just change your name which was available in 2007. Trolls stong.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    ..or just change your name which was available in 2007. Trolls stong.
    Obviously I'm talking about before that was implemented.

wall jumping was the shit

Blacklist is revisionist garbage
    As I said, it varies from server to server. But blacklist was a very real thing. I kept one, and many others pug leaders I knew back then had one, simply to keep people like you out of the groups, to make the whole experience better for the rest of the people joining.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vimpe View Post
    wall jumping was the shit
    It sure was.

Never forget old Hyjal

And all the other countless places I've been to.

Lol, maybe on your den of autists.

Lol, maybe on your den of autists.
    One of the biggest and best servers of Classic, actually. Mal'Ganis US

One of the biggest and best servers of Classic, actually. Mal'Ganis US
    Doesn't make them less autistic

Doesn't make them less autistic
    Ahh, yes. Lash out and attack because you've no ground to stand on. GG no RE

Ahh, yes. Lash out and attack because you've no ground to stand on. GG no RE
    I didn't change what i said from my initial post.
    Blacklists are what autistic kids use lmao. Never ran into shit kids using a blacklist, but i guess I've been lucky to not roll on servers full of aspies. These threads make me love illidan even more tbh tbh

imo - that people hadnt had ~13 years to get tired of it

In terms of systems and types of content available, the game is better now (except for Legion legendaries and titanforging). In terms of feel like an sprawling RPG with a non-linear world, old WoW felt better. Things like world quests are nice and very convenient, but they take away daily hubs, which gave zones new life, introduced new factions, and towns. I miss things like buffs, skill ranks, talent points every level, etc. All of those things were removed for convenience which on one hand is nice, but it makes the game feel less like an RPG. I also miss having more raids with fewer bosses (or those raids with one boss), rather than single raid instances we spend six months in. I also miss the systems they had in the game that combated heavy-handed RNG like reforging and justice/valor point gear.
    Last edited by merex760; 2017-09-30 at 09:24 PM.

Plain and simple the Newness and Wonder that you got when you first stepped foot on Azeroth and realized just how big it really was and how small you felt. Now you just go onto Youtube and someone tells you exactly what to do and how to get there the fastest way.

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Donald View Post
    Vanilla was large and mysterious, and a wrong turn could get you killed.

Now everything old is memorized and everything new is datamined and analyzed before it is even released.
    Yeah, I think this is mostly it.

I think the actual game is better these days, but endgame isn't really endgame, its the whole game and that is a little unsatisfying.
    I would prefer to spend more time investing into characters and being excited to reach the next step, instead of rushing to max level, but I understand why they don't want to force players through dozens of hours of leveling.

I didn't change what i said from my initial post.
    Blacklists are what autistic kids use lmao. Never ran into shit kids using a blacklist, but i guess I've been lucky to not roll on servers full of aspies. These threads make me love illidan even more tbh tbh
    Ever considered that being on a blacklist is the reason you didn't run into them?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Ever considered that being on a blacklist is the reason you didn't run into them?
    Never took me any time to get groups, never was on ignore from anyone, blacklist didn't exist.

I understand that your autistic fantasy blacklist is what you use to further your arguments, but 9/10 times a "blacklist" was a myth. I have been in guilds with serial ninjas that were notorious throughout the game (one even has a urbandictionary entry) and none of us ever had issue with anything group content related.

Blacklist is in your head.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Never took me any time to get groups, never was on ignore from anyone, blacklist didn't exist.

I understand that your autistic fantasy blacklist is what you use to further your arguments, but 9/10 times a "blacklist" was a myth. I have been in guilds with serial ninjas that were notorious throughout the game (one even has a urbandictionary entry) and none of us ever had issue with anything group content related.

Blacklist is in your head.
    Before group finder blacklist was a thing on many realm forums and your opinion doesn't change that. Not everyone used them but they were a thing. All you need is love.

ITT: "You can share your opinions. They just need to be exactly my opinions." That's also how you come off to others. I do think you're maybe projecting a bit on the autism? I do hate how it's increasingly becoming synonymous with retard in its use. Mental illness is nothing to make fun off. Get help, you're not alone.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.