Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Walmart near me had 25 of them, I was able to get one early friday morning. There were 12 other people there.

Its adorably tiny (like, the size of 2 ice cream sandwiches) and the controllers are perfect - but the flap that you pop down to plug 'em in is literally the flimsiest thing I've ever seen.

- - - Updated - - -

They will. They've confirmed production will run well into 2018.
    Likely due to backlash from their fans for cutting production on the NES Classic and not supplying enough of them to begin with. It's amazing that they still haven't learned that creating artificial demand by limiting production or cutting production so quickly just leads to annoyed customers that turns them away. There are a lot of millennials who want these things, there is zero reason not to give it to them. If they do an N64 I will plant my ass in the store on preorder day and get one.

10+ Year Old Account
    can't understand the presence of ff6 but the lack of chrono trigger; also dkc but no dkc2 and 3. no mario all stars, all of that is really surprising and a bit disappointing if the aim was to release the "ultimate" way to experience snes.

still worth the price imo, there's numerous gems in that console.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Hackers are making it so you can add all of those games if you so choose.
    So why buy that expensive toy if you are going to play the pirated games anyway? It can be done with a PC.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    So why buy that expensive toy if you are going to play the pirated games anyway? It can be done with a PC.
    Them controllers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya turns out StarFox 2 runs like pure shit as well.
    Shocker, cancelled game that was never finished runs like shit...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mageling View Post
    Them controllers.
    You can already use legit SNES or SFamicon controllers on PC...

Walmart here had 36, they were sold out instantly, enough people had line up at 5am.
    Khadgar: "Well Zergy, are you armed?"

*Does a facepalm using [Blackhand's Severed Arm]*

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Shocker, cancelled game that was never finished runs like shit...

- - - Updated - - -

You can already use legit SNES or SFamicon controllers on PC...
    Because there is just something about playing Nintendo games on a console actually made by Nintendo.....ROMS or not. It's all psychological, but *shrug*.

Though I REALLY wish they went the route of making the cart ports functional so they could release small SNES (or NES) carts preloaded with more games. Like another 20 or so per cart. That way people could update the systems library legally (meaning not having to hack the system and upload ROMs via PC)....and without Nintendo having to make an entire new "Classic" system just for new games.

That and I just REALLY want tiny SNES carts to put in this thing.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Because there is just something about playing Nintendo games on a console actually made by Nintendo.....ROMS or not. It's all psychological, but *shrug*.

Though I REALLY wish they went the route of making the cart ports functional so they could release small SNES (or NES) carts preloaded with more games. Like another 20 or so per cart. That way people could update the systems library legally (meaning not having to hack the system and upload ROMs via PC)....and without Nintendo having to make an entire new "Classic" system just for new games.

That and I just REALLY want tiny SNES carts to put in this thing.
    There is a strong possibility they could do something like this, but with the Switch.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    There is a strong possibility they could do something like this, but with the Switch.
    Or they could do what they have been doing that worked for over 10 fucking years?

THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE. It worked on the Wii, Wii U and works fine on the 3DS.

But of course expecting Nintendo to do the smart thing is rare these days.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-09-30 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Or they could do what they have been doing that worked for over 10 fucking years?

THE VIRTUAL CONSOLE. It worked on the Wii, Wii U and works fine on the 3DS.

But of course expecting Nintendo to do the smart thing is rare these days.
    Nintendo is the only company allergic to people giving them money.

Even if they make more the same assholes who bought them all out to sell them for triple the price will do the same thing again. Until Nintendo actually makes more than the bare minimum this is going to continue to be a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergy View Post
    Walmart here had 36, they were sold out instantly, enough people had line up at 5am.
    wow 36 i'm impressed nintendo. *SNICKERS*
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    wow 36 i'm impressed nintendo. *SNICKERS*
    MANY stores have been reporting shipments of well over 100 units. Target near me was 100 units, other Targets have reported upwards of 150 units.

- - - Updated - - -

I admit I just broke down and built my own. Same cost, more games. And it works with my xbox/playstation controllers.
    You can add games to the SNES and NES Classics if you know how....and the emulation on them is perfect.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* The emulation on my system is also perfect and I have all my Atari, NES, SNES, Genesis, GG, GB, GBA, GBC, and N64 games on it.
    Yay for RetroPie!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Likely due to backlash from their fans for cutting production on the NES Classic and not supplying enough of them to begin with. It's amazing that they still haven't learned that creating artificial demand by limiting production or cutting production so quickly just leads to annoyed customers that turns them away. There are a lot of millennials who want these things, there is zero reason not to give it to them. If they do an N64 I will plant my ass in the store on preorder day and get one.
    Especially when for cheaper you can do a retropie setup and play ALL the roms from ALL the systems.
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, and with the Super Tinytendo case and some minor mods the thing may as well be an SNES classic. Except I can use my ps4/xbox1 controllers wirelessly.
    I love my retropie setup. I use an old Xbox 360 controller with wireless dongle. I don't have the fancy SNES looking case, but it works! This is why I have NEVER understood people flocking to the NES and SNES classics, can do so much more for less with RetroPie
    Fanboy (Fanboi):
    1. A term used towards someone when a person disagrees with the said someone on a subject, person, place, thing, company, or product line and they are not smart enough to debate their counterpoints or facts, so they resort to childish name calling in hopes of shaming others into silence and thus them winning through dominance.* 2. A term used as a taunt/peer pressure technique to shape popular opinion through shame and humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Bristae View Post
    I love my retropie setup. I use an old Xbox 360 controller with wireless dongle. I don't have the fancy SNES looking case, but it works! This is why I have NEVER understood people flocking to the NES and SNES classics, can do so much more for less with RetroPie
    Maybe cause people want a legit legal copy of these games?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    *shrugs* Already have the cartridges, the roms are legit legal copies for me.
    You legally own thousands of cartridges for multiple Consoles? lol ok.

*shrugs* Already have the cartridges, the roms are legit legal copies for me.
    Gratz if you rip those Roms yourself they are legal copies, If you didn't they are not.
    (This does depending the country you are in)

To buy the cartridges for all the games listed on the SNES Classic would cost a few hundred dollars. Also keeping in mind sooner or later the battery in those cartridges will go bad and you will have to replace them (the battery' s).

So if people want a legal legit way of owning these games this is the way to go.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Replacing the batteries was easier than ripping the carts.
    I'm sure it is, That wasn't the point I was making.

Every discussion about the SNES classic on multiple forums is the same old crap

- People discuss how excited they are about snes classic and the inc modding scene
    - Bunch of people post lol retropie is so much better you guys are stupid

Its getting old.