Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    You also forgot to plug your patreon in there. ewww
    With how much YouTube is fucking em over, a lot of em need Patreon to keep afloat.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm just not a fan of people saying things like "not part of the real world" when factually everything in world is part of the real world. Another example is when people say college isn't the "real world". Just because it's not something every single person experiences doesn't mean it's not the real world.
    I went to College and graduated with a BS in Engineering and I say it's in no way the real world. I was able to play WOW 12+ hours a day if I wanted and never had to do anything of importance I only worked 25 Hours a week while in college and very rarely had any Homework that took more than an hour or 2. so no, it's nothing like now where I work 12-15 hours a day and get maybe 2-3 hours every few days to play Destiny 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Here is an idea pony up the money and buy whatever patreon that he probably has going.

I see an upside, I mean personally I don't have to see as much of this inane stupid shit I used to on YouTube, since the change it's cleared up a lot of my feed, I no longer have to see Phillip Defuckheads, irrelevant click bait.
    Philip Defranco still makes videos. The adpocalypse has literally nothing to do with your personal analytics. It did not clear up your feed, Google's algorithm did.

Anywho, I straight up do not have the money to contribute to every little thing that I enjoy watching. You can't really think it's a good thing that there's gonna be less free videos about ancient history, right? That seems flat out retarded to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Youtubing is a real job.

Also yes they are scared of losing their jobs and getting another one but not because the other ones are 'real jobs'. It's because Youtubing is something they are passionate about and enjoy and they are losing their wellbeing for reasons mostly outside of their control which is sucky no matter what job you have regardless or in particular if it is a job you are passionate about and enjoy. People have also put a lot of time, money and dedication into their channels, more-so than 75% of people do for their 'real jobs' to be frankly honest.

That's all their is too it. It's not hard to understand unless you are being purposefully ignorant.
    LOL, no it's not. They get money to sit on their asses and do nothing but talk. Now they may have to go outside and maybe do real labor and touch shit with their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Those things require skill and training unlike vlogging, being bad at games and streaming them, fake prank videos, click bait videos, top 10 videos etc.
    Skill is irrelevant, you can be bad at all the things I listed. Also making well made speeches and videos takes skill.

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    LOL, no it's not. They get money to sit on their asses and do nothing but talk. Now they may have to go outside and maybe do real labor and touch shit with their hands.

If it's that easy then everyone would be successful at it, also being a professional comedian is easy too then?

Also that isn't all their is too vlogging and streaming. Not sure why you're pretending it is, why partake in a discussion if you're not going to be honest in it. You just waste everyone's time being ignorant and dishonest.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-30 at 09:25 PM.

Deleted
    I don't really watch Youtubers so this is all alien to me

10+ Year Old Account
    If creating content is just free money, why doesn't everyone do it and make 7 mil a year like Pewdiepie
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    Skill is irrelevant, you can be bad at all the things I listed.

If it's that easy then everyone would be successful at it, also being a professional comedian is easy too then?

Also that isn't all their is too vlogging and streaming. Not sure why you're pretending it is, why partake in a discussion if you're not going to be honest in it. You just waste everyone's time being ignorant and dishonest.
    Generally if you aren't good at your job you get fired. Why should they be paid for the laziest content when good people don't?

Generally if you aren't good at your job you get fired. Why should they be paid for the laziest content when good people don't?
    They don't, you'll find people who are bad in their self employed work from building, decorating, plumbing, acting, art, music etc. will find less work. This also includes youtube and streamers.

Bad youtubers and streamers get less of an audience and thus get paid less just like any other self-employed or commission based work.

The ironic thing here is that the super lazy shit like top 10 lists and uploads from twitch vods don't typically get demonitized. The shit that gets hit hard is the stuff that's actually hard to produce, because apparently history and mathematics videos are controversial.

No. I'm talking about a job where you have to clock in at an office or restaurant and get paid a wage etc. I'm just asking. Are these youtubers worried about having to go out into the real world? I guess i dont understand.
    Yes. Being a Youtuber has been a real job for tons of people.

See, I can make totally, stupidly subjective, unsupported statements too.

I'd provide arguments, but given your statements, I doubt you're open to literally anything but your own uninformed opinions.

15+ Year Old Account
    They don't, you'll find people who are bad in their self employed work from building, decorating, plumbing, acting, art, music etc. will find less work. This also includes youtube and streamers.

Bad youtubers and streamers get less of an audience and thus get paid less.
    Uh, jake paul getting paid more than most of youtube right now proves you wrong. He does nothing and rakes it in. Philly d deserves it way more than he does.

Uh, jake paul getting paid more than most of youtube right now proves you wrong. He does nothing and rakes it in. Philly d deserves it way more than he does.
    He uploads multiple videos a week and gets 200k - 1mil+ views on each one. He's clearly an entertainer to some people.

Just because you don't agree with his content and viewers does not mean what he does isn't a self employed job.

Your personal opinion does not detract from the reality of the situation. If only more humans understood this.

Just because you dislike a self-employed comedian who 'just goes on stage and talks' doesn't mean what he's doing is not a job. The exact same applies to streamers and youtubers who most of the time 'just sit down and talk and play video games'. Your opinion is irrelevant to the reality of the situation.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-09-30 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    They do a real job... They aren't making videos complaining because they have to change careers, they are making videos complaining because their income has been drastically reduced for absurd reasons.

Imagine you had a job and everything went great for a decade and then suddenly, through no fault of your own, but through the fault of your boss allowing another employee to be a shitter (and only for a very short period of time before they were punished), you now make 50% less money than you used to. Would you not be upset?

Because that is the situation YouTube content creators find themselves in.

They were just doing their thing for a long time with no issue, no complaints from advertisers... Then along came the SJW mob going to advertisers and saying "LOOK YOUTUBE IS PUTTING YOUR AD ON A VIDEOS MADE BY RACISTS!!!!!!!!" Even though the cases of that happening were both few and far between AND instantly corrected when reported... But nah, the businesses had the appease the Victim Olympics crowd and the adpocalypse happened... Tons of advertisers pulled out of YouTube because of this vastly exaggerated and overstated problem that was only a problem because SJWs made it a problem.

Many advertisers have since returned, but YouTube hit the retard switch and went overdrive on their demonetization algorithm... Basically everything that isn't made for children gets autoflagged and demonetized... Yes, after contacting YouTube, they can get them remonetized, but that doesn't really help them since the process takes several days, if not weeks, and the vast majority of their views happen right when they post the videos, so they make almost no money from ads anymore.

Most still make a decent amount of money from patreon/donations/merchandise/sponsorships... But its still way less than they used to make for retarded reasons.
    This summed it up perfectly.

To add to this, the new Youtube content creators are forced into a echo chamber and bubble content that basically just looks the same, is not critical of anything and doesn't report on anything anymore that has any substance in it. New Youtubers also do not have the luxury of an established viewer base which means they have exactly zero income from their work (no nice patreon or merch) unless they adhere to extremely strict content rules - immediately killing off most ideas other than... well, tutorials for makeup, etc. You get the gist.

News channels are demonetized because they report on crime. Crime is not fit for advertising as it seems.

It's all a huge fuckup, and 9/10 of the channels I have subbed to have drastically changed their approach to video making.

So i've been getting a lot of vids in my youtube feed about people getting demonetized. My question is, what will these youtubers do now? Will they have to go out into the real world and get a job or am I not understanding what's going on?
    a couple of options:

a. go to a other platform: twitch etc
    b. make merc and sell it.
    c. get sponsors that pay you.

to name just a few.

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

To add to this, the new Youtube content creators are forced into a echo chamber and bubble content that basically just looks the same, is not critical of anything and doesn't report on anything anymore that has any substance in it. New Youtubers also do not have the luxury of an established viewer base which means they have exactly zero income from their work (no nice patreon or merch) unless they adhere to extremely strict content rules - immediately killing off most ideas other than... well, tutorials for makeup, etc. You get the gist.

News channels are demonetized because they report on crime. Crime is not fit for advertising as it seems.

It's all a huge fuckup, and 9/10 of the channels I have subbed to have drastically changed their approach to video making.
    Just so we're clear, videos like makeup tutorials and children's videos do get demonetized. The stuff that doesn't get demonetized is video game stuff from well established games like Hearthstone and League of Legends, top 10 lists, and Jackass type stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    He uploads multiple videos a week and gets 200k - 1mil+ views on each one. He's clearly an entertainer to some people.

Just because you don't agree with his content and viewers does not mean what he does isn't a self employed job.

Your personal opinion does not detract from the reality of the situation. If only more humans understood this.

Just because you dislike a self-employed comedian who 'just goes on stage and talks' doesn't mean what he's doing is not a job. The exact same applies to streamers and youtubers who most of the time 'just sit down and talk and play video games'. Your opinion is irrelevant to the situation.
    He's a piece of shit, films it, uploads it and then proceeds to make far more money than he should. Commiting crimes on camera is not a real job.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Just so we're clear, videos like makeup tutorials and children's videos do get demonetized. The stuff that doesn't get demonetized is video game stuff from well established games like Hearthstone and League of Legends, top 10 lists, and Jackass type stuff.
    Nah it depends. Even your Hearthstone content can get demonetized if your tongue slips in your videos or live streams. YT seems to also flag channels internally, so once they fucked up they're basically in for a ride for the foreseeable future.

Discussion channels are essentially dead or only pastime projects from now on. Religion and news channels are dead or only pastime projects. Of course if they have a proper Patreon and/or if they're already established they can continue to exist - although still with huge monetary impacts.

Even if you just use insults casually in your videos they will get flagged and demonetized automatically.

Basically, nobody is safe anymore. To me this sounds like a very unstable situation where you should not invest your money and/or time in it, as making a living profit seems now even more unlikely than ever before. YT is too volatile. Unfortunately, if you have invested a good decade of your life to YT... well, good luck finding a job in the video/movie/entertainment industry I guess?
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2017-09-30 at 09:48 PM.

Nah it depends. Even your Hearthstone content can get demonetized if your tongue slips in your videos or live streams. YT seems to also flag channels internally, so once they fucked up they're basically in for a ride for the foreseeable future.

Discussion channels are essentially dead or only pastime projects from now on. Religion and news channels are dead or only pastime projects. Of course if they have a proper Patreon and/or if they're already established they can continue to exist - although still with huge monetary impacts.

Even if you just use insults casually in your videos they will get flagged and demonetized automatically.
    All this is true, but my point is that even if you don't slip up at all, super PG content like children's videos get demonetized on a fairly regular basis, while things like hearthstone videos are safe if you don't fuck up.

7+ Year Old Account

Isn't that okay if the new content isn't immediately profitable? I'm not an aspiring YouTuber, but the projects I'm most passionate about are worth more than a financial return. When YouTubers initially get started running purely on enthusiasm, then later turn it into an income source, I think it elevates the idea of their channel and content.
    Last edited by PC2; 2017-09-30 at 09:58 PM.