Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by IgnisVenom View Post
    This is the first time I got a genuine reaction to my meme, I don't know how to react.
    Now I want to know more about the "non-genuine" reactions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Nope, the only secret hero of this story is mudmug.
    Stop trying to make Mudmug happen.

It's never going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    Stop trying to make Mudmug happen.

It's never going to happen.
    Its already happening.

He was not a hero. Not secretly, nor publicly, or in any other sense.

Garrosh shouldn't have turned all loldick. He really embodied what I felt the Horde is.

He was ruthless, driven, honorbound, strategist. He didn't play games and WAS, in fact, within talking terms with Alliance members. He just had absolutely zero trust with the Alliance laughably so. His downfall was his bitter racism he couldn't overcome.

Garrosh is a lesson that racism will destroy you regardless of your strength or intelligence.

Stonetalon Mountains Garrosh was the Garrosh I wish they'd kept. It's almost like that zone was written by a different dev. Silverpine forest and Twilight Highlands Garrosh were such idiots.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Garrosh shouldn't have turned all loldick. He really embodied what I felt the Horde is.

He was ruthless, driven, honorbound, strategist. He didn't play games and WAS, in fact, within talking terms with Alliance members. He just had absolutely zero trust with the Alliance laughably so. His downfall was his bitter racism he couldn't overcome.

Garrosh is a lesson that racism will destroy you regardless of your strength or intelligence.

Stonetalon Mountains Garrosh was the Garrosh I wish they'd kept. It's almost like that zone was written by a different dev. Silverpine forest and Twilight Highlands Garrosh were such idiots.
    Something something current political climate something heavy-handed something.

On serious note, he was designated villain in every sense of that term. And that was great shame.

I still don't get where people take that "Garrosh did 180 degree turn" and that he was honor bound.

In Nagrand he was massive crybaby that refused to take action for his people, because grandma was dying. So eveybody had to pet him.
    In Northren he was willing to send PC on certain death and he wanted to make a strike on Allice while on Scourge infested territory, thankfully there was Saurdang to slap that stupid head and tell him that his idea was retarded.

But then before Cata he still had fixaction on Alliance despite having no reason whatsoever to actually hold grudge against them. Thrall and Vol'Jin had much more reason to do it. But it was Garry that sent fleet to kill alliance that were harmless. This is why Cairne believed Garrosh attacked humans - because he shown he is absolutely capable of doing such a thing.
    In same Cata he was willing to kill PC before we could prove ourself innocent, and he was clealy dissatisfied when we did.
    And that Twilight Highland assault which was analogic move which he wanted to do in Borean Tundra. Sadly he had his way and it turned out to be a disaster. Also in Burning Stepps we meet eitrigg which flat ous said that there is no use being Garrosh advisor if he can't take advice, he wanted a brinless buttlickers. And in the same Cataclysm he was forcing magnataurs to fight so he won't harm their offspring. Truly honorbound.

Til the very end he was more concerned about himself and his issues than well being of entire faction he was responsible for.
    He is hardly a positive character, I don't see any redeeming quality about him. But to give him credit he did pushed story forward. I only pity that he shred to pieces shamnistic Horde I enjoyed to have and change it more goblin-like industrial stuff. I didn't see for Garrosh to actually cultivate orcish customs at all.

I'm pretty happy that his chapter is finally over. I just have had enough of him, enough of his issues, enough of his retarded tactics and him bullying everyone that disagrees with him. He was set for downfall long time ago, it was natural for him to go this way.

I have nothing against shady characters, I actually like them a lot and I want more of them , but I want for said shady characters to actually act with reason, and not throw temper tantrums wherever they go.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post

Garrosh was an Arthas in orcish suit. Pretty sure I don't need to remind how it turned out for the human.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Something something current political climate something heavy-handed something.
    Hmm really smashed my fash.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramz View Post
    But then before Cata he still had fixaction on Alliance despite having no reason whatsoever to actually hold grudge against them.
    Oh yes, God forbid Garrosh take notice of the improper response to various attacks and incursions noted in"Heart of War."

Sadly he had his way and it turned out to be a disaster.
    Having a spy in your ranks tends to throw those sorts of things off.

And in the same Cataclysm he was forcing magnataurs to fight so he won't harm their offspring. Truly honorbound.
    You mean those barely sentient animals? The ones we killed our fair share of?

Deleted
    Considering that Mop Garry was meant to be an allegory to Hitler, I find them Garry did nothing wrong folk a bit icky.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    He was not a hero. Not secretly, nor publicly, or in any other sense.
    Never been around in TBC, WotlK and Cata then he was one of the greatest ppl in the horde at those exp packs.
    Blizzard just fucked him up to make Alliance boys happy what was the biggest mistake in Warcraft history after the WoD exp pack idea.

And if you dont consider it a mistake and are happy on what way the Horde is now involved in the story then something is wrong with you.
    (Horde basicly is not even in the story anymore)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Oh yes, God forbid Garrosh take notice of the improper response to various attacks and incursions noted in"Heart of War."
    Can you read with comprehention? I said fixation, his zeal about purging anything on his path, that he reacts like a bull on red colour each time he sees Alliance. I have nothing against reacting to any offensive actions or actions that may be threathening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Never been around in TBC, WotlK and Cata then he was one of the greatest ppl in the horde at those exp packs.
    What?
    Blizzard just fucked him up to make Alliance boys happy what was the biggest mistake in Warcraft history after the WoD exp pack idea.
    He was fucked up from the very start though.

And if you dont consider it a mistake and are happy on what way the Horde is now involved in the story then something is wrong with you.
    That is the fault of writers that chose to focus on neutral organisations rather than factions.
    Last edited by Ramz; 2017-09-30 at 07:45 PM.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you read with comprehention? I said fixation, his zeal about purging anything on his path, that he reacts like a bull on red colour each time he sees Alliance. I have nothing against reacting to any offensive actions or actions that may be threathening.
    Okay, so first:

Can you read with comprehention?
    Let me just appreciate this gem.

Now, beyond that, are you really going to pretend you don't see why Garrosh would hold a grudge against the Alliance? His people were barely scraping by while the Alliance enjoyed abundance, and they were mounting incursions into Horde territory. Those incursions were met with an improper response by the Horde time and time again.

You honestly can't see how someone like Garrosh would take notice of that, fixate on it, and begin to hold a grudge over it? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    Azeroth has a humanitis infection and Garrosh was the cure. Too bad most everyone on Azeroth was too shortsighted to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Azeroth has a humanitis infection and Garrosh was the cure. Too bad most everyone on Azeroth was too shortsighted to see it.
    "Azeroth calls for wetwork and we answer! No greater good. No just cause!"

Okay, so first:

Let me just appreciate this gem.

Now, beyond that, are you really going to pretend you don't see why Garrosh would hold a grudge against the Alliance? His people were barely scraping by while the Alliance enjoyed abundance, and they were mounting incursions into Horde territory. Those incursions were met with an improper response by the Horde time and time again.

You honestly can't see how someone like Garrosh would take notice of that, fixate on it, and begin to hold a grudge over it? Really?
    You clearly don't know what I'm talking about. There is a difference for being acting leader and doing militaty operations and different thing is attacking anything that moves like some rabid dog. explain me how Alliance in Borean Tundra was making moves against Horde or in Twilight Highlands? His fixation and zeal has no ground at all.

Compare it to Thrall that was raised as slave and used for amusement as gladiator, for actually witnessing orcs being in concentration camps.
    Or Vol'Jin that had to deal with Kul'Tiras assault on their first island and later Proudmore's constant attack on Durotar and echo isles.

Garrosh was up to his 30-ies isolated from Azeroth's politics, it didn't affect him at all. He probably haven't seen human for all that time as he was sitting in Nagrand and mopping over his dad's fame refusing to do anything useful.
    And then he corsses the portal turns all bravado out of nowhere and plans to attack blue flag on each passing occasion. That's just retarded. Tactical mind needs to calculate when assaults are necessary and when to wait for proper occasion to not waste soldiers. But apparently supplies and stuff like that were not his concern.

I'm just saying that his zeal and fixation were completely groundless. As I can separate acting leader from raging bull.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean those barely sentient animals? The ones we killed our fair share of?
    Magnataur are not peaceful nor enlightened, sure, but outright enslavement and abduction/threatening of children it's quite borderline behavior for someone claiming to be "honor-bound". The fact that he also abandoned said children in the shores of Azshara to be eaten by Naga once the adults were all dead pretty much shitted on the whole concept. It becomes rather questionable to consider someone "honor-bound" when he shows to be honorable only when it's strictly convenient to his agenda. Hell, the Kor'kron tasked to take care of the younglings defected after that little incident happened.

It could be argued that this additional information was added in War Crimes to add villain points but considered how Garrosh shown no degree of empathy in any instance whatsoever and the selfishness characterizing him, it's not an event I have an hard time to take as it was told.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Well, in TBC Garrosh was nothing but a pitiful crybaby and in WotLK he shown signs of instability left and right. Not an evil monster but not the "greatest" either. On the end of the day, with proper guidance, he at least became someone able to get the job done. You can give him that. Unfortunately, is exactly when he lost that guidance and became a dictator that things went downhill. Garrosh had yet to learn how to handle so much power. Most of what he did with it was feeding his own ego.

The removal of Garrosh and the current Horde situation are not strictly related. Sure, removing an Horde leader in such way hasn't been beneficial but things were still salvageable in WoD. It's in Legion that everything went to shit and the Horde became an evanescent presence.

Sometimes you have to look past the current atrocities and see the brighter future that evil bastard is trying to bring.

Garrosh isn't the type of villain who just wants to control everything and be this powerful evil being. He actually wanted to make a world where his people wouldn't suffer and things escalated quickly. They took anything bad he did and made that the focus of hate towards him and it finally led to it.

If any of you guys have read/played Injustice: Gods Among Us, Superman is the villain... but reading the comics you quickly learn that Batman pushed him into that roll, all because he killed the Joker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Sometimes you have to look past the current atrocities and see the brighter future that evil bastard is trying to bring.
    It's pretty much canon that the future Garrosh was going to bring was anything but bright.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    It's pretty much canon that the future Garrosh was going to bring was anything but bright.
    Only because we shat all over it by resisting. If we just trusted in Garrosh like Wrathion did, we'd be living in a utopia showered by Garrosh's magnanimity and be free of the Legion.