Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Every people have the right to self rule if they want but they have to live with the consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is about a small section of Spain who's economy is doing better than Spain itself, and therefore don't want the whole of Spain to leech off their prosperity. This would be akin to California leaving the US cause their economy is so much better than the rest of the nation. This is just a small group of assholes who want to benefit themselves. BTW, capitalism working as intended.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgroxx View Post
    Seeing as it's considered one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) language in western europe, what with it predating the earliest indo-european tongues, I'm going to go with Caveman or Neanderthal. (/sarcasm, obviously.)

I actually have a lot of fun finding out which languages are connected. Like how Finnish, Estonian and Hungarian all share the same root as members of the Uralic language family.
    Basque is likely a decedent of the language of Europe's first farmers, not cavemen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orgroxx View Post
    Seeing as it's considered one of the oldest (if not THE oldest) language in western europe, what with it predating the earliest indo-european tongues, I'm going to go with Caveman or Neanderthal. (/sarcasm, obviously.)

I actually have a lot of fun finding out which languages are connected. Like how Finnish, Estonian and Hungarian all share the same root as members of the Uralic language family.
    All European languages root from Greek. It's old but not Greek old.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    The script is a relatively modern development. Before that, they simply spoke Basque, or some proto-version of it.
    Basque takes loans from several languages, like most languages on Earth. They're likely to have some Latin and Greek originated words.
    But origin of the language is not Indo-European: it came from elsewhere or developed in their mountains. It's one of those exceptional oddities.
    Last edited by mmoc003aca7d8e; 2017-09-29 at 08:38 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    What is Catalonia going to do with the ''independence'' it'll attain next Monday? Change a law or two about language and some minor cultural issues?!
    Pft.
    I can tell some things they could do:

They could make solar energy viable in the most sunny country in Europe because right now in Spain solar energy is heavely taxed to avoid the use of it in favor to the big energy companies where the retired politicians go to "work".

They could stop sinking their economy buying weaponry to other countries. This week Spain bought 3.5 million € in planes to the US while at the same time loaned 10k millions € to pay the pensions of their old.

They could ban fascist groups and organitzations. One of the most influential orgs in the spanish elite is literally called Francisco Franco Foundation.

They could have a republic and not a monarchy which costs hundreds of millions per year AND was chosen to rule by the same Franco to make everything changed but everything continued the same.

They could manage their own money, actually all infrastructure projects must be aproved by the Madrid goverment who, for example, budgeted more than 2k millions for the catalan train lines in the last 4 years and used only 150 millions in them.

Catalonia could have control of their own frontiers. This summer there were more than 3 hours of queue in the Barcelona airport to get through the frontier controls during weeks because there were needed 20 extra spanish policemen, but they could not afford them. Nonetheless we now have 10k agents trying to stop the referendum came from all other regions of Spain.

Catalonia could have power to defend its language. Catalan being the main language of more than 60% of the population has only 4 channels in the near hundred of channels in the TDT. Only 5 to 10% of the cinema sesions are in catalan, just as an example.

Just some if the problems they could solve if they fight for themselves if they become independent. It is clear that Catalonian people is made from a diferent material than the rest of spain. The Popular Party who has been ruling for 7 years now in Spain has almost 0 existence there, they are the ones who filled with a million people this spring their strets asking to accept refugees while the rest if spain was silent, they have been pacifically protesting during 5 years with more than 1 million people in the strets for independence with 0 incidents and violence.

The real problem with them is that their movement doesn't come from a rich elite or from a majority party. The independende movement comes from their people, their parties and their companies joined them after seeing that the people was leading the boat. And stoping a big pacific people lead movement is not easy without using violence or brute force.

15+ Year Old Account
    The police are shooting at the people with rubber bullets and hitting them with batons right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    They most certainly do not - that would be Proto-Indo-European. The origin of the alphabets is another matter, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedrolo View Post
    They could make solar energy viable in the most sunny country in Europe because right now in Spain solar energy is heavely taxed
    No, they could not, because the solar energy is inefficient. A solar panel can't even recover the energy that was spent on its production during its lifetime.

They could stop sinking their economy buying weaponry to other countries.
    No one will invite you to the EU unless you join the NATO first. So you will buy everything the uncle Sam tells you.

They could have a republic and not a monarchy... manage their own money... Catalonia could have control of their own frontiers.
    They are going to be controlled by new, racially pure elites. That will lead to the tenfold corruption level than the Spanish one. Good luck with that.

Catalan being the main language of more than 60% of the population has only 4 channels in the near hundred of channels in the TDT. Only 5 to 10% of the cinema sesions are in catalan
    Because no one needs to make content in a small Spanish dialect when every even remotely cultivated person can speak the real Spanish, with its 500 million speakers. Also, a country with just 7.5 millions cannot compete with the real countries. So your "national TV and cinema" will be a nationalistic kitsch even the peasants do not want to watch.

The independende movement comes from their people, their parties and their companies
    You keep telling yourself that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    The police are shooting at the people with rubber bullets and hitting them with batons right now.
    It's worse.

Police is forcing their way in by brute force. Images of people (even old ones) with blood, videos of the police breaking the doors of the voting centers, taking the ballot boxes (ha! they finelly found them..i wonder what would have happened if instead of ballots we were talking of bombs)...

All of this, to prevent people to express their opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mhm, my country was divided because of "self determination of the people" - i wonder how the world would have reacted if Austria would have tried to ban the referendum in Hungary.

Quote Originally Posted by Blosc View Post
    Images of people (even old ones) with blood, videos of the police breaking the doors of the voting centers
    You are violating the law. Be thankful they don't hit your administration buildings from fighter jets like in Ukraine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    You are violating the law. Be thankful they don't hit your administration buildings from fighter jets like in Ukraine.
    Luckily, workers violated a LOT of laws to conquer the rights we have now at work. Be thankful to them.

As for the catalans. What they are doing is saying what they think. The poll is just a measure to count how many think the same. But ind the end, everyone of them want to say something. And their are being targeted for that.

10+ Year Old Account

No one will invite you to the EU unless you join the NATO first. So you will buy everything the uncle Sam tells you.
    Why? There are a number of EU countries that are not members of NATO. Since when is being part of NATO a prerequisite to join the EU?
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-10-01 at 11:12 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not all EU members are in NATO..

I was slow, someone else mentioned it. oh well

is this movement for independence an economical one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blosc View Post
    It's worse.

Police is forcing their way in by brute force. Images of people (even old ones) with blood, videos of the police breaking the doors of the voting centers, taking the ballot boxes (ha! they finelly found them..i wonder what would have happened if instead of ballots we were talking of bombs)...

All of this, to prevent people to express their opinion.
    You just fell right into their hands.

The pictures of the old lady with blood pouring fell off a staircase and was quickly used by the separatists to yet again display their victimization tactic.

The people being hit are going against the police force using violence, be it pushing against or throwing objects against the police force.

This goes to show how easy it is to fool people through media.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    It was, back in 2010. But it evolved quickly to a freedom movement. Only Spain uses the economical argument, saying that Catalonia would be in a worse position if it leaves. But catalans doesn't go around saying "we would live a lot better if we leave! There would be money for everything and everyone!", like it happened in Scotland to try to catch votes.

Catalans just doesn't want to be in Spain. Even if they are expulsed from the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    I dont know, I havent paid much attention to it, but I guess it plays a role in it.

But one thing is for certain, thanks to Madrid, this will now escalate quickly and if before there was a chance majority of them wouldnt want to split from Spain, with this police bullshit and shooting rubber projectiles to people, they can bet their ass more and more people will oppose Madrid and next time, majority WILL want to split. And if Madrid is as stubborn then, I wouldnt be surprised if something akin to ETA will come back...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    You just fell right into their hands.

The pictures of the old lady with blood pouring fell off a staircase and was quickly used by the separatists to yet again display their victimization tactic.

The people being hit are going against the police force using violence, be it pushing against or throwing objects against the police force.

This goes to show how easy it is to fool people through media.
    Just go to Julian Assange twitter (you don't need to like the guy, i'm just using a famous name everyone knows about) and tell me that all of these videos (he doesn't have all of them) are manipulated by separatist. That all of these police are separatist in disguise, using force against other separatist.