I'm afraid to watch this episode of Made in the Abyss seeing how brutal it's been to those preteens. I mean judging by previous episodes anything could happen to those kids.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I'm afraid to watch this episode of Made in the Abyss seeing how brutal it's been to those preteens. I mean judging by previous episodes anything could happen to those kids.
    just watch it, stop being a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    just watch it, stop being a bitch.
    I just finished. It was pretty brutal, like those old animes where the giant penis shape maggot crawled out of that girls mouth. And the ending song is like a song for a toddler's show.

Why couldn't they have made the cast like in their early teens? I don't think it would've taken away from the show.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I just finished. It was pretty brutal, like those old animes where the giant penis shape maggot crawled out of that girls mouth. And the ending song is like a song for a toddler's show.

Why couldn't they have made the cast like in their early teens? I don't think it would've taken away from the show.

No this.

Mike 'The Situation' Sorrentino

highest-earning reality star behind Kim Kardashian.

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi I was looking for the Kardashian / pop star mega thread is this it????????????

I want to fangirl over the Kardashian pregancies if that's kewl xD

mfw there's a season 3 of index

also @whoever were really into index
    (was it zoma? i know someone had the blonde dudes avatar for a long time. just really shitty with names and it's not like anyone has talked about index and railgun in a long time. Caine was a big fan too iirc)

teaser trailer
    Last edited by bals; 2017-10-01 at 06:21 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    INDEX 3 ACTUAL CONFIRMATION HYYYYYPE

NOT A MEME

NOT A FALSE ALARM

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

WE BOUTTA GET BATTLE ROYALE BOYS.

BATTLE ROYALE.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    NOT A MEME
    NOT A FALSE ALARM
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL
    BATTLE ROYALE.
    fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    also @whoever were really into index
    (was it zoma? i know someone had the blonde dudes avatar for a long time. just really shitty with names and it's not like anyone has talked about index and railgun in a long time. Caine was a big fan too iirc)

NOT A MEME

NOT A FALSE ALARM

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

BATTLE ROYALE.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah
    Accelerator vs Dark Matter

FINALLY!!!

10+ Year Old Account

They are that age in manga:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    couldn't remember since you had the ippo guy now. (and you rarely post anymore)

Dengeki Bunko Editor Miki: 'A Certain Project' 2018 Is Not Just Index

boku no hero academia 38 high point of this season was the genin exam. Still really don't get the hype of this show when it's naruto 2.0 (just fewer episodes). Is it just because I lived through naruto and the younger generation is living through this show?
    Last edited by bals; 2017-10-01 at 08:03 AM.

couldn't remember since you had the ippo guy now. (and you rarely post anymore)

Dengeki Bunko Editor Miki: 'A Certain Project' 2018 Is Not Just Index

boku no hero academia 38 high point of this season was the genin exam. Still really don't get the hype of this show when it's naruto 2.0 (just fewer episodes). Is it just because I lived through naruto and the younger generation is living through this show?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    adaption for SAO Alicization and Gun Gale Online was also announced.

meh for getting hyped for something actually interesting to be announced at Dengeki Bunko Fall Festival, only trash instead.

So having digested it, let me try again.

If the kids were teenagers the violence and gore would have less impact. If they were adults the violence and gore could even move to into the comical.

The little kid song at the end.

It's highly manipulative in that way because humans naturally want to protect the young so you're forced into caring.

Removing the violence and gore, the beating Ozen gave the kids, the zombie at her house, the botched amputation, Mitty, and what do you have left? A girl who travels to her mom for the story, a bunch of anime cliches, a pretty good world design with European overtones, but that's about it.

The violence and gore is what makes it popular.

It's like Elfen Lied or Berzerk where young children are put in harm's way so Made in the Abyss is a throw back in that way. Elfen Lied and Berzerk being older shows.

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account

NOT A MEME

NOT A FALSE ALARM

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

BATTLE ROYALE.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuck yeah
    Index (the girl) is utter shit though, she ruins the show that's named after her.

So having digested it, let me try again.

If the kids were teenagers the violence and gore would have less impact. If they were adults the violence and gore could even move to into the comical.

The little kid song at the end.

It's highly manipulative in that way because humans naturally want to protect the young so you're forced into caring.

Removing the violence and gore, the beating Ozen gave the kids, the zombie at her house, the botched amputation, Mitty, and what do you have left? A girl who travels to her mom for the story, a bunch of anime cliches, a pretty good world design with European overtones, but that's about it.

The violence and gore is what makes it popular.

It's like Elfen Lied or Berzerk where young children are put in harm's way so Made in the Abyss is a throw back in that way. Elfen Lied and Berzerk being older shows.
    What makes it popular is the mystery aspect.
    What is the abyss?, how was it created? what happened to the advanced civilisation? Why are the skeletons praying? What happened to Reg's memory? So many questions need answering and that is why its good. It hooks you with all the mystery.

Riko says that all things return to the Abyss including her. She was born there and was resurrected there by the cube, you could even say she was ......... Made in Abyss and is drawn back to were she came from.

Being kids give them room to grow and mature and learn things by making mistakes and seeing things through the perspective of a child. The wonder and awe of exploring something new that many cave raiders have not. If they were teens it would lose a lot of its charm because they would be to sensible and boring.
    Last edited by BloodyAngel12; 2017-10-01 at 12:14 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    asdf
    spoiler tags fgs

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't they just kill Index?

Finished Amagi Brilliant Park after stalling on episode 2 about a month ago. The start was slow but the show got so much better after the setup. The juxtaposition between the appearance of the characters and how they acted was fantastic and I laughed aloud almost every episode. Character design was amazing, especially the girls from Muse. Kanie was a great lead and the supporting cast was likable and memorable. Surprised that the score is not above 8 on MAL.

8.5/10, really glad I got around to watching the rest.