Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    you are just missing the point. If you in a guild, why would you pug. If the leader is such a tard that all they are looking for is a carry themselves and they do not want to put any work into selecting his team then fuck him. He deserves people using fake chieves.

The way I pick my pugs, if I do need them, is solely on ilvl. I actually decline anyone who gives me an achieve and message them for being a moron for linking on toons the achievement is not for. Like really? You linked a chieve for a hunter but you're telling me you are ready to tank it on your under geared alt? Fuck off. I normally go for a -10/+5 of my ilvl. Someone who should be geared enough with out being so over geared for it that they are bored. If it doesn't work out then I bad mouth their transmog and kick.
    why-wow-isnt-popular-anymore-101 alternatively why-mmo-genre-is-dying-101

:/

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    Who has linked cutting edge and don't get invited because its not specifically aotc. This guy.
    Happened to me with gul'dan, although I suppose I was also on an alt. More embarassingly though I joined KJ using my cutting edge for him and then got knocked off by an obelisk as I was like "they do like no damage in heroic, can just facetank them" only to forget that they still do the knockback.

Deleted
    I've used the Fake Achievement addon yesterday to get in a group for Maiden + Avatar + KJ , we one shot all three and it was a little awkward when I earned the real achievement after we killed KJ XD. The leader must've thought "this faggot deceived me well" , muahahahaha.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Happened to me with gul'dan, although I suppose I was also on an alt. More embarassingly though I joined KJ using my cutting edge for him and then got knocked off by an obelisk as I was like "they do like no damage in heroic, can just facetank them" only to forget that they still do the knockback.
    In Wod i renember getting declined from normal hfc group that asked for curve or the time is a flat circle acvh(dont renember what one of the 2 it was) and i got declined on my main with 735-740ish ilvl and M mannoroth acvh. A hour later that group was still up with same leader and no bosses killed lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kneehidude View Post
    I'm sorry, but your posts come across as someone who has never raided mythic (old heroic) ever. I'll address the bolded points one by one.

Watching a video doesn't mean you "know the fight" all it knows is you have some basis of an idea on the fight and know things to watch out for. Watching the fight once on youtube does not mean you are going to go in and perform all the mechanics perfectly.

Previous experience, while good doesn't mean you know the content. Yeah, you may have the skill but first time on a boss is still first time on a boss. You're going to make mistakes and it's going to take some time to learn the fight well enough to not make mistakes.

Previous boss kills matter because if I am a pug leader putting a group together and some guy with no achievement and no experience whatsoever says they're good, I am not going to believe them. I have no gauge of their skill, I'd have to take their word for it. At least if they had previous boss kills leading up to the final boss that the group is working on, you could reasonably assume they have experience with the content and have probably seen the fight at least a few times.
    I raider Mythic (old hc) up to Emerald Nightmare. And yes, I learn from the videos + first pull really.

And if someone link Cutting Edge as an example, it proves they are a good raider. That is to me worth more than any Curve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I raider Mythic (old hc) up to Emerald Nightmare. And yes, I learn from the videos + first pull really.

And if someone link Cutting Edge as an example, it proves they are a good raider. That is to me worth more than any Curve.
    So xavius cutting edge is worth more then helya, guldan or kiljeaden curve? cause those on hc where harder then xavius was.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's insulting, after all my Cutting Edges and previous raid accomplishments, to not get invited for a HC boss.
    blah blah blah I totally don't suck.........I promise

That essentially sums up what you say

"I promise I wont suck"..........why the hell would anyone ever believe that?

That the hell you think people use item lvl or achieves as a guage in the first place? People arnt gonna believe some random fuck just off their word
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2017-10-01 at 12:24 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    blah blah blah I totally don't suck.........I promise

That essentially sums up what you say

"I promise I wont suck"..........why the hell would anyone ever believe that?

That the hell you think people use item lvl or achieves as a guage in the first place? People arnt gonna believe some random fuck just off their word
    I'm not saying they should just take the word for it. I say they should value OTHER things than curve, such as OLD experience, like Cutting Edge achievements or similar. OR at least LISTEN to the guy, so he/she can tell the leader that they know what they do, and to explain they are good raiders.

But the biggest problem is the entire "why the hell would anyone ever believe that" attitude. It's a game, where is decency? Where is trust? Where has the community gone. The community is cancerous and based around "proof" achievements, and it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

AND

People will reply with

"So quit playing if you don't like it"

Which is even more cancerous attitude that makes me even more sick.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying they should just take the word for it. I say they should value OTHER things than curve, such as OLD experience, like Cutting Edge achievements or similar. OR at least LISTEN to the guy, so he/she can tell the leader that they know what they do, and to explain they are good raiders
    completely needless steps when they can easily find someone who fits the req

and what are you five years old? Derp people care more about themselves then some random fuck. Whole prupose of those groups is to et a kill as fast as people not to "trust" or whatever childish notions
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    completely needless steps when they can easily find someone who fits the req

and what are you five years old? Derp people care more about themselves then some random fuck. Whole prupose of those groups is to et a kill as fast as people not to "trust" or whatever childish notions
    I find being selfish as the childish thing. Even saying "some random fuck" is to me quite immature.

Once, this game and this community was more including. Bending the requirements to get nice people in was considered a good thing.

But if you really prefer this selfish and extremely toxic community I feel bad for you.

I find being selfish as the childish thing. Even saying "some random fuck" is to me quite immature.

Once, this game and this community was more including. Bending the requirements to get nice people in was considered a good thing.

But if you really prefer this selfish and extremely toxic community I feel bad for you.
    Really, it's just as inclusive as it has always been. Mythic+ dungeons still go with 5 people, mythic raids with 20, a group listed as 2/3/9 still get 2/3/9. Just because you're not one of them doesn't mean the community is excluding you or someone else, it means they've included others. So yes, selfishness is a part of the hating group leaders get for "excluding" people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    Really, it's just as inclusive as it has always been. Mythic+ dungeons still go with 5 people, mythic raids with 20, a group listed as 2/3/9 still get 2/3/9. Just because you're not one of them doesn't mean the community is excluding you or someone else, it means they've included others. So yes, selfishness is a part of the hating group leaders get for "excluding" people.
    People without curve get excluded, how is that including exactly.

And the thing is, there are tons, and tons of people without curve who is A LOT better than curved. I mean come on, ANYONE can afford to buy a curve boost kill.

With many peoples logic, a guy with a bought curve is more valuable than someone who raided mythic (or old hc) for years. That's messed up.

And the thing is, there are tons, and tons of people without curve who is A LOT better than curved. I mean come on, ANYONE can afford to buy a curve boost kill.

With many peoples logic, a guy with a bought curve is more valuable than someone who raided mythic (or old hc) for years. That's messed up.
    If you fill up with people without curve, you're excluding people with it. See? Some people are excluded and some people are included. People only get upset when they are excluded and it is a form of selfishness, because if you are declined someone else was accepted.

As to people without curve being better than some with, that's definitely true, but there's no real way to quantify that in group finder tool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greylan View Post
    If you fill up with people without curve, you're excluding people with it. See? Some people are excluded and some people are included. People only get upset when they are excluded and it is a form of selfishness, because if you are declined someone else was accepted.

As to people without curve being better than some with, that's definitely true, but there's no real way to quantify that in group finder tool.
    I'm not saying they should exclude people with curve on purpose. The only limit and the ONLY exclusion should be the raid being full (30man if we take HC mode as example) OR if they leader really prefer 2/4/14 or something as a size. Then the declines will simply be cause the raid is literally full or full cause of leaders size preference.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    How am I supposed to link AOTC KJ when i cant get into any groups to get AOTC KJ? LOgic?
    Antorus will open in a few weeks. If you don't want to end up in the same bind, try to raid early and keep up with the bell curve on progression. Once you fall behind the curve, it's harder to get ahead of it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

You reminded me of yesterday.

I main a holy paladin who is 9/9 mythic, but we sometimes run our alts into main raid to shuffle spots and so on.

My rogue alt is 941 equipped with 67artifact traits or so, and when I got into a ToS Heroic pug, I was kicked before they pulled stating "you got all your achievements in a single day, you bought mythic boost".

So I get your point about "peoples logic" ... shits fucked up.

I'm not saying they should exclude people with curve on purpose. The only limit and the ONLY exclusion should be the raid being full (30man if we take HC mode as example) OR if they leader really prefer 2/4/14 or something as a size. Then the declines will simply be cause the raid is literally full or full cause of leaders size preference.
    Please try that experiment. Invite the first 29 people the come and kill KH hc. PLEASE. After that you will see that the arguments of the other people in this thread have merit.

Or just think about the situation. You form a raid for KJ hc. 40 people apply. 20 with 890 ilevel and 20 with 930. Which ones do you choose and why? Don´t answer here. Just think about it and be honest with yourself.

I'm not saying they should just take the word for it. I say they should value OTHER things than curve, such as OLD experience, like Cutting Edge achievements or similar. OR at least LISTEN to the guy, so he/she can tell the leader that they know what they do, and to explain they are good raiders.

But the biggest problem is the entire "why the hell would anyone ever believe that" attitude. It's a game, where is decency? Where is trust? Where has the community gone. The community is cancerous and based around "proof" achievements, and it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

AND

People will reply with

"So quit playing if you don't like it"

Which is even more cancerous attitude that makes me even more sick.
    tbh, if the game makes you sick you should probably quit. Those other achievements mean absolutely nothing. If you think you are too good to provide the required achievement, make your own group.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Demonthor View Post
    You reminded me of yesterday.

I main a holy paladin who is 9/9 mythic, but we sometimes run our alts into main raid to shuffle spots and so on.

My rogue alt is 941 equipped with 67artifact traits or so, and when I got into a ToS Heroic pug, I was kicked before they pulled stating "you got all your achievements in a single day, you bought mythic boost".

So I get your point about "peoples logic" ... shits fucked up.
    That's a valid point and I would have definitely given you a chance but from my experience, people who have gotten all the achievements on the same day or worse, only killed the last boss on M and once, are the ones fucking up every single mechanic and slowing the raid down. So basically you are an outlier and they would have been better off if they didn't kick you but chances are that the vast majority of players who look like you (1x kill on every M boss or only on some) are legit boosts and complete garbage, so the group went with the safe average.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by mmowin View Post
    How am I supposed to link AOTC KJ when i cant get into any groups to get AOTC KJ? LOgic?
    Do it with your guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.