Deleted
    I'm playing my first Campaign right now and...

- Darkshards are so freaking OP....you can kill *any* high end unit with them. They are basically thunderers, but better and are t1 units.

- The Black Ark is weird to use. You can't attack with it, and you can't reinforce it if you aren't @ sea yourself. That means you need to guard it with a full stack, pref. elite units, because auto-resolve favor elite units about 4-1 now. Costs like 4k to maintain like a normal army (because you need to cover for it), but you can't use it like a normal army. It's obviously amazing if you can get it to work... but as I mentioned, it's super clunky.

- It's pretty hard to play a "co-op" campaign right now too.

- Trade routes are destroyed by bigger rivers. You can't trade with the eastern Dark Elf factions as Cult of Pleasure due to the river, even though you can move over them. You need a port first.

Other than that, the game has improved a lot
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-01 at 11:46 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahuun View Post
    Me: Frostmourne hungers.
    Dude, Tyrion keeps saying "Sunfang hungers." all the time >_>'

But yeah, was a great game now that I managed to finish it with the high elves. "The Last Battle" wasn't that hardest but man was it a lot of fun!

My Dark Elf playthrough is going horrible though as I have no idea how to keep things stable with them... x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Well, Mazdamundi doesn't bang Kroq.
    lol, the whole Malekith and Morathi is still canon? I thought it wasn't anymore.

Also, regarding Mazdamundi not banging krog, DO NOT put that image in my head >_>

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    lol, the whole Malekith and Morathi is still canon? I thought it wasn't anymore.

Also, regarding Mazdamundi not banging krog, DO NOT put that image in my head >_>
    talk about a mindfuck, am i right?

Doing a Teclis one atm, pretty hard start but very fun.

7+ Year Old Account

Remember the old version regarding the fight between Archaon and Grimgor? That was great.

High Elf economy just feels so shit.
    Your buildings bring in almost no money, no one other then the elves wants to trade with you but your conquering elf lands to expand.

I wonder if the best Tyrion start wouldn't be to leave Ulthuan after conquering your home province and living on another continent instead so you can feed of trade treaties with the other elf factions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    Remember the old version regarding the fight between Archaon and Grimgor? That was great.
    Grimgor standing over a beaten Everchosen, ready to deliver the killing blow and saying "Wait, did I leave the kettle on?" and going home instead?
    God the Storm of Chaos campaign was so bad.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Grimgor standing over a beaten Everchosen, ready to deliver the killing blow and saying "Wait, did I leave the kettle on?" and going home instead?
    I was pretty sure there was another version that pretty much took away all dignity Archaon had after what Grimgor did to him. Still, whichever version: better than the End Times. x_x

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I was pretty sure there was another version that pretty much took away all dignity Archaon had after what Grimgor did to him. Still, whichever version: better than the End Times. x_x
    Yeah he kneeded him in the groin lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Yeah he kneeded him in the groin lol.
    That's the one!

Also, does anyone know if there's any way to control what Army Ability you get? Or if there's a way to change it? My Highelf playthrough just had one that gave the 'Mana regen' which felt dull. Then first time I played the Dark Elves shortly to try them I had an awesome one which caused an explosion to enemies at a targeted ally unit and dealt HUGE damage! But the other 2 times I tried them briefly with a friend I just end up with a Mass CC ability which, while useful, isn't nearly as fun. ;_:

Playing as Lord Skrolk, Plague has to be the best vortex spell in the game I have seen so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a Vampire Count/Bretonnian rogue army comprised entirely of cavalry led by the Red Duke.

Wat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    There is a Vampire Count/Bretonnian rogue army comprised entirely of cavalry led by the Red Duke.

Wat

Pretty sure there is another one called "blubblub Brigants"

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    High Elf economy just feels so shit.
    Your buildings bring in almost no money, no one other then the elves wants to trade with you but your conquering elf lands to expand.

I wonder if the best Tyrion start wouldn't be to leave Ulthuan after conquering your home province and living on another continent instead so you can feed of trade treaties with the other elf factions.

- - - Updated - - -

HE economy is utterly dependent on trade. My guess is that getting the tech that allows you to see all sea regions is a must have, since you instantly make contact with pretty much all HE factions that way. With the massive number of trade resources you can accrue, and Influence to get them to like you, I heard some players get trade incomes of 7-8k+. But yeah until then 1 stack is all you can get.

My campaign is progressing along, had a really badass garrison of 8 (Temple Guards included) hold off a stack of 15 Chaos Units and dying almost to the last, but still winning thanks to favorable terrain that allowed me to force the enemy in a chokepoint while avoiding Hellcannon blasts. Skink javelins are not to be underestimated, and Saurus continue to amaze me, always punching above their weight class. The unsung hero of my campaign is a Skink Priest of Heavens, the AI likes to blob and he just rips them to shreds with Chain Lightning which got a massive buff in this game. Kroq-gar on Grymloq is also a totally overpowered monster that destroyed several units of Chaos Knights by himself to win me a 2 v 1 battle. My northern Vampire neighbors are now bogged down in wars with several AI factions and I'm reaping the benefits, since Lizards thrive in the desert settlements.

Albeit I still loathe the Great Power diplomacy penalty. -40 even with friendly factions, really?

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

Wat

I wish someone would datamine an entire list of all the possible combinations. On my HE campaign, I encountered a Rogue Army called "The Errantry Crusaders " on the north half of the island, where the Scourge of Khaine dark elf faction starts. Their gimmick is that they're your classical heroic fantasy knights, going on a crusade, cleansing the lands of evil doers. I gave them a fat lump of cash, and used my Influence at the Court mechanic to set them against the dark elves. Not only they took out one of their minor settlements, they then proceeded to take it for themselves, and become an actual faction.

Disappointingly though, they never actually built anything on the settlement, and other than recruiting more units to bolster their numbers, they never bothered to actually leave. Still managed to make them military allies, and now they're a nice northern bulwark against any potential dark elf invasions in the future, if any happen at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm about to beat the HE campaign. Only 1 ritual left.

And HOLY SHIT, the Phoenix Guard are incredibly resilient. On my fourth ritual, I had 4 armies sieging one of my capitals, after repelling the third siege, my wall was full of holes. Over 5 wall breaches. Solution? deploy a unit of Phoenix Guards on each breach to plug the hole. They may as well be human-shaped walls themselves. Doesn't matter what the Dark Elves, Skaven, or Warriors of Chaos threw at them, they WOULD.NOT.BREAK.

Insane health and armor. It takes a shitload of firepower to take those guys out.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish someone would datamine an entire list of all the possible combinations. On my HE campaign, I encountered a Rogue Army called "The Errantry Crusaders " on the north half of the island, where the Scourge of Khaine dark elf faction starts. Their gimmick is that they're your classical heroic fantasy knights, going on a crusade, cleansing the lands of evil doers. I gave them a fat lump of cash, and used my Influence at the Court mechanic to set them against the dark elves. Not only they took out one of their minor settlements, they then proceeded to take it for themselves, and become an actual faction.

Disappointingly though, they never actually built anything on the settlement, and other than recruiting more units to bolster their numbers, they never bothered to actually leave. Still managed to make them military allies, and now they're a nice northern bulwark against any potential dark elf invasions in the future, if any happen at all.
    I read its because Rogue Armies are just given generic rebel army AI. Its sad, but it makes sense. They start out with very powerful armies, so if they had the full AI of their lord's race and actually built and expanded they would probably pretty easily conquer everything around them early on and then by the time everything else could compete, they would be really far ahead. I doubt they would want random generic armies to be conquering the whole world and winning the campaign :P

Eh, watched some streams and I'm not impressed after getting burnt hard by the first Total War Warhammer. What's the point of having "good graphics" (= high system requirements) if the screen ends up being covered by horrible aura, spell and projectile trail effects. I still feel the Total Warhammer games' graphics are downgraded compared to Attila (which looks way better).

I'm told at my local Gamestop that sales are extremely disappointing as well - on par with Andromeda for the number of boxed copies they had ordered.

I'll wait for the Mortal Empires (combined campaign map) update, when the game'll probably be retailing for $15 and being given away for free on Humble Bundle like last time around with the Bretonnia update.

People thought they would be safe now?
    But there is a thundering noise in the background.
    Sound of wheels, chrome and horses.
    How could it possibly be... He truly is...

BEYOND OUR COMPREHENSION!

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    People thought they would be safe now?
    But there is a thundering noise in the background.
    Sound of wheels, chrome and horses.
    How could it possibly be... He truly is...

BEYOND OUR COMPREHENSION!
    The chariot spam , i confederated surtha ek in norsca dlc but had him on a mammoth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Eh, watched some streams and I'm not impressed after getting burnt hard by the first Total War Warhammer. What's the point of having "good graphics" (= high system requirements) if the screen ends up being covered by horrible aura, spell and projectile trail effects. I still feel the Total Warhammer games' graphics are downgraded compared to Attila (which looks way better).

I'm told at my local Gamestop that sales are extremely disappointing as well - on par with Andromeda for the number of boxed copies they had ordered.

I'll wait for the Mortal Empires (combined campaign map) update, when the game'll probably be retailing for $15 and being given away for free on Humble Bundle like last time around with the Bretonnia update.

Bretonnia was like a year after release, the combined map is comming in a few weeks.

You can choose to not see projectiles btw... but I don't know why you'd want to do that, because it's still a game after all and if you actually want to know what's going on you need some visual input.

the game is much better optimized than the first one btw. Can actually play 40v40 unit battles on medium-high with 40-50 fps. (and very constant too, no matter where I look)

TWW1 wouldn't even allow 30 on low during that with my rig.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-01 at 09:55 PM.