Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What happened to Alleria's face?

Minute 2:00, she had a red face tattoo:

Now her face has a blue line, wtf? Pretty big oversight there.

Last edited by Kul Tiras; 2017-10-01 at 12:50 PM.

Boy you sure do love comparing an 1996 RTS to an MMO from 2017 don't you?

Again 20 years apart. Things change. Get over it.

And "rad" is debatable. Looks like someone just went over her face with red in MS paint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Development happened. Remember, what we experienced in the lore as 35 years (I think it is) she and her hunk husband experienced 1000 years.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Implying people can't change their style...

She had a red face because she was on the red team. The tattoo would change colour based on what team she was on.

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Implying people can't change their style...
    I know right.

How dare Alleria change her red MS Paint tattoo to something that doesn't looks like crap!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Maybe it was just paint after all ? And she called it tattoo to appear cooler ?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    She had a red face because she was on the red team. The tattoo would change colour based on what team she was on.
    Wait really? I always wondered why the colours were different as a kid.....

The more you know.

Rad?

If i see it right, she now has a blue line over her face, and back then had colored 1 third of her face red. other than the change of color i wouldnt call it a big diffrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I know right.

How dare Alleria change her red MS Paint tattoo to something that doesn't looks like crap!
    What's your fucking problem, you just here to farm more post count numbers?

Yes genius, I made TWO comparisons between WoW and WC2, the BASIS of lore of the game you are playing today, the large basis of what was the entire previous expansion you've played. OOOOOOOOOh, TWO COMPARAISONS, BOY, YOU JUST LOVE GOING AROUND THESE FORUMS MAKING SUB 10 COMPARISONS BETWEEN WC2 AND WOW, DON'T YOU?

The fuck does one being an MMO and one being an RTS have to do with anything? This is character ART, not gameplay.

No, I will not "get over it", because I don't see the point of changing iconic features of iconic characters we haven't seen in 20 years.

5+ Year Old Account
    probs cause blue looks cooler.

artists like doing cool things.

i hear that answer a lot in terms of lore Qs and so im betting that's what happened essentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post

Yes genius, I made TWO comparisons between WoW and WC2, the BASIS of lore of the game you are playing today, the large basis of what was the entire previous expansion you've played. OOOOOOOOOh, TWO COMPARAISONS, BOY, YOU JUST LOVE GOING AROUND THESE FORUMS MAKING SUB 10 COMPARISONS BETWEEN WC2 AND WOW, DON'T YOU?

The fuck does one being an MMO and one being an RTS have to do with anything? This is character ART, not gameplay.
    Two different genres of game set in two different periods of the Warcraft universe.

One time when Blizzard were in early development of the Warcraft universe and not everything was fully established like it was with WoW.

One time when 20 years later it's established and set in stone.

Of course things will bloody change. Especially character art. See Deathwing as a prime example.

You made comparisons between two entirely different time periods. What should it not change in 20 years if Blizzard didn't like the face paint?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-01 at 12:55 PM.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    She has the same blue eye line in Chronicle v2 chapter VI Beyond the Dark Portal, so that's a long time in lore (and over 1000 years for alleria)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....of_Draenor.jpg

Anyway, models change, anyone remember the old khadgar model in TBC? (if you go to Shattrath now it still uses the new model)

Last edited by Teri; 2017-10-01 at 01:00 PM.

No, I will not "get over it", because I don't see the point of changing iconic features of iconic characters we haven't seen in 20 years.
    As someone else said, they didn't change anything.
    The tattoo changed colour based on your team, it didn't have a defined colour. They've defined it as blue now.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    As someone else said, they didn't change anything.
    The tattoo changed colour based on your team, it didn't have a defined colour. They've defined it as blue now.
    As I said I genuinely did not know that about WC2. Kind of cool tbh.

But yeah since shes more of an Alliance/Neutral sided character it should be blue. Red would just be silly unless she was with the Horde obviously.

So yeah they actually just improved the face paint rather than change it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-10-01 at 12:59 PM.

Man, I feel sorry for any movie made based on a book that you've read, ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I didn't know it. Holy fuck. I played this game so much and never realized it, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    She has the same blue eye line in Chronicle v2 chapter VI Beyond the Dark Portal, so that's a long time in lore (and over 1000 years for alleria)

https://wow.gamepedia.com/media/wow....of_Draenor.jpg

Anyway, models change, anyone remember the old khadgar model in TBC? (if you go to Shattrath now it still uses the new model)

EW. Delete that image!

Although for TBC standards that is kind of a good model since Unique models for NPCS were rare. Hell Thrall used an already existing Orc model until Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now her face has a blue line, wtf? Pretty big oversight there.
    Goto Interface Menu, Accessibilty - turn on colorblind mode, that might fix it

I wanna start shitposting threads too, any ideas guys?