Page 41 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Kinda sad though that Raider.io might have only one though match. i'd rather had seen them faceoff against both Premo and Honestly.

So proud having 2 AU/NZ teams still in this.

I think Free Marsy is probably gonna get smoked by Raider.io but Honestly has a legit chance at beating Premonition if they play like we know they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicoy View Post

I think Free Marsy is probably gonna get smoked by Raider.io but Honestly has a legit chance at beating Premonition if they play like we know they can.
    depends on levels of prep etc. teams get in

at a certain point other teams might have the prep and actually play consistently so that raider.io gets showed up for basically being mediocre at the game but playing it alot. it just hasnt happened yet bc harsies (vastly better individual players) threw hard and then big pull obv wasnt prepped at all for regional grand finals
    i.e. i . imgur . com/AlSP5nw . png
    Last edited by Sadozai; 2017-10-01 at 11:36 AM.

The only reason there are still 2 AU/NZ teams in the tournament is because of the terrible bracket style of the tournament. You don't see who the best teams are unless you make them all play each other. It should be a points based where everyone plays each other and the teams with the most wins (points) advance.

This style of tournament isn't seeing who's the best (well, under raider.io anyway since we all know they're the best), it's literally just getting lucky on seeding and not having to play certain teams. RNG tournament, the end placements mean nothing.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    RNG tournament, the end placements mean nothing.
    Unless raider.io loses in the finals, if Honestly or Premonition does that i think we can safely say they would of beat anyone, in this case Honestly would of beaten Bigpull/Premonition AND raider.io.

Though people will probably make an excuse if raider.io lose.
    Last edited by Deicoy; 2017-10-01 at 12:12 PM.

Unless raider.io loses in the finals, if Honestly or Premonition does that i think we can safely say they would of beat anyone.

You can't say that at all, there were some other very strong teams in EU for example that got knocked out in the group stage simply because of their bracket placement. Wheezing Harsies for example looked to be incredibly strong, but got knocked out in their 2nd series just because they got seeded against raider.io early on. Team Bigpull got into the globals through several series of VERY shaky victories that honestly could have gone either way in a points based tourny.

Single elimination brackets in a tournament that's supposed to show us who the very best teams in the world are is a complete embarrassment to the competitive spirit.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

We added a new section to the MDI coverage on raider.io. Blizzard showed gear and talents for some of the players yesterday (unfortunately not all) so we went ahead and made that visible on the brackets page. If you click an individual match to pull up the twitch video, it will give you a break down of the teams by spec and include notable gear and talents when available.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    You can't say that at all, there were some other very strong teams in EU for example that got knocked out in the group stage simply because of their bracket placement. Wheezing Harsies for example looked to be incredibly strong, but got knocked out in their 2nd series just because they got seeded against raider.io early on. Team Bigpull got into the globals through several series of VERY shaky victories that honestly could have gone either way in a points based tourny.

Single elimination brackets in a tournament that's supposed to show us who the very best teams in the world are is a complete embarrassment to the competitive spirit.
    A round robin style tournament just takes far too long and too many matches to be watchable and thats the whole point of these type of tournaments, the viewers, without them theres no prize pool. If WH wanted to win the whole thing then they should have to beat anyone they face including raider.io but they couldn't.

But the format could do with some work, I don't see the need for them to do the same dungeon as the starting one across all the QF, I guess it was ok for comparing the times between all the teams but by the 4th match votw with those affixes was just dull to watch and if you switch it up the casters will have more to talk about rather than just saying the same thing.
    And I get that its not logistically viable for a 'small' tournament such as this to have a lan enviroment but it just seemed stupid that OC and CN has to play in the middle of the night and I would assume with ping issues (not sure how the tournament server works).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    But the format could do with some work, I don't see the need for them to do the same dungeon as the starting one across all the QF, I guess it was ok for comparing the times between all the teams but by the 4th match votw with those affixes was just dull to watch and if you switch it up the casters will have more to talk about rather than just saying the same thing.
    You can't switch it up, because teams need to be able to prepare a specific affix combination ahead of time. You can't say: Vault Tyranical and then change to Maw Fortified just so its less boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Aktec View Post
    And I get that its not logistically viable for a 'small' tournament such as this to have a lan enviroment but it just seemed stupid that OC and CN has to play in the middle of the night and I would assume with ping issues (not sure how the tournament server works).
    They play on OC/CN servers so ping is not an issue.
    You are not going to bring 8 teams( x5 players) to have a lan environment when there is no money to be made from spectators. Its not even a question of logistics, its basic economics.

Quote Originally Posted by Sadozai View Post
    i.e. i . imgur . com/AlSP5nw . png
    You are 1 boss ahead of the next team. Why would you do anything risky or take chances?
    Last edited by mmoc5ef3a4fb0f; 2017-10-01 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulsoga View Post
    We added a new section to the MDI coverage on raider.io. Blizzard showed gear and talents for some of the players yesterday (unfortunately not all) so we went ahead and made that visible on the brackets page. If you click an individual match to pull up the twitch video, it will give you a break down of the teams by spec and include notable gear and talents when available.
    Nice try from Blizzard, but anyone should know that gear is switched quite often during a run, at least trinkets/leggos. But I know from some competitors from their streams, that they are running multiple sets for any situation. It's also possible to switch relics by a macro, to have the best relics for any situation in your weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless raider.io loses in the finals, if Honestly or Premonition does that i think we can safely say they would of beat anyone, in this case Honestly would of beaten Bigpull/Premonition AND raider.io.

Premonition and Honestly looked stronger than Raider.IO yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    You can't switch it up, because teams need to be able to prepare a specific affix combination ahead of time. You can't say: Vault Tyranical and then change to Maw Fortified just so its less boring.
    These teams have done thousands of dungeons, they should be prepared for all of it maybe let them know the map pool in advance and allow a ban each or something. Theres not even as many affixes as on live so it should be easy to prepare.

Would be more intresting to see how they deal with anything thats thrown their way rether than something they did hundreds of times.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Nice try from Blizzard, but anyone should know that gear is switched quite often during a run, at least trinkets/leggos. But I know from some competitors from their streams, that they are running multiple sets for any situation. It's also possible to switch relics by a macro, to have the best relics for any situation in your weapon.
    Some people (here, also) asked for more information on healing, gear, talent choices. I think the team behind the cast is doing their best. It can be done better (for example: what has been changed?), but they are clearly trying.

> Premonition and Honestly looked stronger than Raider.IO yesterday

In what way? Honesty took 1 match more than Raider.IO, and Premonition was slower than Raider.Io on the first instance.
    Actually, the only thing you can say for sure is that Honesty lost one match. The opponents of both Raider.Io and Premonition went haywire on the first run and that removes incentive to go faster. After all, the overall goal is not to be fastest overall but to be better than the direct opponent.
    In the second round, Premonition again had no real opposition (other team did not finish) and Raider.Io was more than 1 minute faster than their opponent.

Why did Meowchan run ahead, and die twice, on Court of Stars? The first one was maybe to see quickly where the enforcers were, but the second?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deicoy
    Why? If they lose, its fair, the other team is better.
    However, so far Raider.Io shows they have practiced and thought so well that even when they make mistakes (and they do), they have a best overall plan. I like them because they show great teamwork. If a Chinese team had done better I would cheer those.

Generally, every time I watch such races (we had them for fastest road through mythic raids by top guilds) it seems to me that the team doing the least crazy things, just basic solid work, generally does best. Crazy pulls tend to go wrong at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    Its hard to keep that accurately track of equipment. I think the team behind the broadcast has been working hard to accommodate the requests from the community already, from healing meters to now gear and spec.

Its almost like someone over there is reading this thread, so give them a big thank you
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Aladya View Post
    You are 1 boss ahead of the next team. Why would you do anything risky or take chances?
    This applies to all those teams bar honestly. Risks in vault are also heavily front-loaded so pull strats are maybe going to be changed if you think your opponent is significantly weaker (Free Marsy and Raider.io both knew they were almost certainly 2-4 minutes faster than their opposition if no one wiped) but it's not going to be the same as something like NL where you can take big risks towards the end of the key for potentially large time gains.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTiddles View Post
    I, too, like my international tournaments to be low on the international part
    C'mon man, what's not to love about the World Series
    Last edited by nicbizz; 2017-10-01 at 02:34 PM.

Deleted
    Both Honestly and Premonition don't look impressive at all. So many stupid mistakes (like the Honestly's moonkin dying from the aoe wave on Xakal, their rogue dying from a beam). I hope the next semi final will be cleaner.

And it's becoming embarrassing for Premonition (17 deaths after 17 minutes).

I haven't kept up to date on MDI but seriously why on earth are the finals on a +17?
    On top of that why are they on explosive and volcanic affix?

I mean would't actual dangerous keys be more suitable for the final? heck even the semi, doing the dungeons in a 3 chest timer is not very exciting.

Was i the only one expecting them to actually have to play around high level dungeons where a boss or two might have a very dangerous one shot ability due to scaling meaning you would need to think about ur comp / how to deal with it and not just pick a cheese comp for skipping or w,e?

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post
    I haven't kept up to date on MDI but seriously why on earth are the finals on a +17?

I mean would't actual dangerous keys be more suitable for the final? heck even the semi, doing the dungeons in a 3 chest timer is not very exciting.

Was i the only one expecting them to actually have to play around high level dungeons where a boss or two might have a very dangerous one shot ability due to scaling meaning you would need to think about ur comp / how to deal with it and not just pick a cheese comp for skipping or w,e?
    So why didn't you qualify?

The danger comes from it being a race, from pushing the limits of what you can handle to go faster.
    If it was simply "3 chest this" you would be right, which is why it isn't that but a race against another team.

Quote Originally Posted by TwentyTwelve View Post

The point of the tournament is not to fuck the players as hard as possible, but to provide an interesting viewing experience. +17 isn't faceroll, mistakes are still punished pretty hard (as we can see right now). On the other hand the players will make it harder by doing dangerous pulls to get an advantage over the other team.

Sloot! are you reading this thread during the broadcast or what?