Poll: Will you?

Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Will you play the next expansion if the RNG stays

...or if it gets worse.

And by this I mean the increased RNG of Legion. Not the RNG we had from the beginning.
    Last edited by Echocho; 2017-10-01 at 08:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    an expansion without rng?
    how is it even still an mmorpg at that point? they might as well turn wow into an fps
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, rng is irrelevant to me

RNG has been the crux of WoW's loot system since Vanilla. This question would've answered itself come expansion #2 if there was a large consensus that RNG doesn't work with WoW's formula. This just sounds like a complaint hidden as a question

My enjoyment has never been about the numbers, and I am from the days when legendaries (real ones, not these upgraded epics) were 100% RNG based. So yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure. I'd play, but I play this game for the lore and the fun I have with my friends and guild.
    If I were to say "No" because of RNG I'd just as well get in line with the "No flying?! UNSUB!" crowd, considering how RNG has been part of the game since day one.

Yes, as it is currently the thing that encourages me to play the game far more than ever before, I will continue feeling encouraged to do so.

Undoubtedly they will make some crazy swing on everything though.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

RNG on top of RNG (like LGN)... no; RNG like it was before... yes.

P.S. Remove the TF and WF system. Instead, bring back Item Upgrades, so the player is put in control versus another RNG system.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-10-01 at 08:01 PM.

I will play. You see im a super casual and i dont care about legendaries (Legion i have only 1 on my main 0 to my alts), or any other rng loot. Tho the mounts im after... well its rng but its okie for me. I love doing old raids by myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    ...or if it gets worse.
    To be honest, we've had RNG since the launch of this world. So, yes, I would be playing. And from Legion, doesn't seem to get worse but could get better.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would finish every new zone, complete every dungeon once, clear raid(s) on just heroic, then bye wow till the next expansion. At this point i'm too invested into Legion to give up, but i'm not putting up with this nonsense again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    how is it even still an mmorpg at that point? they might as well turn wow into an fps
    He means the combined effects of titanforging, crucible traits and legendaries making it so that if you were to reach max level today, depending on your luck with RNG things purely outside of your control, you might not be up to par for several months. The specs that depend on having access to two or three specific legendaries are near unplayable if you play at a high level and are only just rolling your alt now. For example a ret paladin in my guild only got his BIS legendaries (that were very important for his spec, mind you) in April, after having played ridiculous hours/week since day one of Legion. That's half a year spent trying to get 2 specific items that are crucially important for you to be able to perform at the level required for mythic raiding. Similarly, when 7.2.5 hit, I spent 2 months trying to get the new legendary ring for my feral druid because until I got it I was just flat out sub-par. And in Nighthold there were some fights where I just couldn't do competitive DPS because I didn't have Luffa Wrappings, which was a must-have for a feral if you want to do acceptable AOE at the time.

Furthermore, even if I do get lucky and my first 2-3 legendaries are actually good, and I get decent relics with good traits both base and from the crucible, I'm still only just starting to get gear now - my peers will have, at this point, 3 months worth of titanforged gear. Meaning I'll probably not get near their ilevel even if I clear everything every week until Antorus comes out.

The amount of separate RNG systems involved in Legion's character progression makes it so that if you haven't been keeping up from day 1, you're gonna play at a disadvantage for a long, long time before you have any hope of catching up.

And to answer the question: I may pick up the xpac, but if max level character progression ends up being so dependent on RNG again I certainly won't come back to raiding.

EDIT: People, you don't seem to understand. The complaint about Legion RNG isn't that there's RNG at all, because obviously there's gonna be RNG re: loot drops and such. But in Legion there's just SO MANY luck rolls you have to beat if you want to be competitive. It gets tiring. Personally as someone who just wants to log in and raid 3-4 days a week, I don't want to have a near-mandatory 3-4 hours of farming for each 1 hour spent raiding. Personally, I'd love for them to go back to the Mists of Pandaria model for how max level content should look. There was plenty of stuff to do. Hell, in all of MOP I didn't even get all of the daily quest hubs maxed out. If you wanted things to do to progress towards a goal, there was so much you could do. But if you just wanted to log in and raid then you could do just that and it wouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by mmoc3ad41decb2; 2017-10-01 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    My enjoyment has never been about the numbers, and I am from the days when legendaries (real ones, not these upgraded epics) were 100% RNG based. So yes.
    people still claim legion legendary's are too hard to obtain *facepalm*

The point the op is making is the amount of RNG in the game right now being overly excessive. And I 100% agree that its overly excessive. They used Diablo structure for way too much in this expansion and all its doing is causing burnout. World Quests were great, rift style dungeons also great, random upgrades that go up to a cap that's roughly 40-70ils higher than baseline is terrible, netherlight crucible terrible.

Personally I am still coming back for the beginning of each expansion, and I actually quite liked a lot of the RNG systems like legendaries solely for the reason that you sort of got to work with what you got. I would appreciate it if they tried to make them a bit more balanced though.

As for warforging/titanforging, that can go imo. Doing a world quest hoping for a 20+ ilvl titanforge for a potential upgrade isn't very fun. Then I think something like the Veiled Argunite model would be better, so every world quest would be 10% of a better piece of gear or something.

TL;DR: Yes, RNG done in the right way is fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixon View Post
    He means the combined effects of titanforging, crucible traits and legendaries making it so that if you were to reach max level today, depending on your luck with RNG things purely outside of your control, you might not be up to par for several months. The specs that depend on having access to two or three specific legendaries are near unplayable if you play at a high level and are only just rolling your alt now. For example a ret paladin in my guild only got his BIS legendaries (that were very important for his spec, mind you) in April, after having played ridiculous hours/week since day one of Legion. That's half a year spent trying to get 2 specific items that are crucially important for you to be able to perform at the level required for mythic raiding. Similarly, when 7.2.5 hit, I spent 2 months trying to get the new legendary ring for my feral druid because until I got it I was just flat out sub-par. And in Nighthold there were some fights where I just couldn't do competitive DPS because I didn't have Luffa Wrappings, which was a must-have for a feral if you want to do acceptable AOE at the time.

Furthermore, even if I do get lucky and my first 2-3 legendaries are actually good, and I get decent relics with good traits both base and from the crucible, I'm still only just starting to get gear now - my peers will have, at this point, 3 months worth of titanforged gear. Meaning I'll probably not get near their ilevel even if I clear everything every week until Antorus comes out.

The amount of separate RNG systems involved in Legion's character progression makes it so that if you haven't been keeping up from day 1, you're gonna play at a disadvantage for a long, long time before you have any hope of catching up.

And to answer the question: I may pick up the xpac, but if max level character progression ends up being so dependent on RNG again I certainly won't come back to raiding.
    nar we need more rng and more grinding it keeps people playing without it then everything might as well be purchasable with gold on the auction house

nar we need more rng and more grinding it keeps people playing without it then everything might as well be purchasable with gold on the auction house
    Or just earnable through skill and good play.

Quote Originally Posted by zubaja View Post
    If I were to say "No" because of RNG I'd just as well get in line with the "No flying?! UNSUB!" crowd,
    Get in line with people who stop playing a game because they no longer enjoy it? Is that supposed to be a bad thing now?

OT: My playing of the next expansion will not be dictated purely by "rng", as you call it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Deleted
    I don't enjoy having to log in to do tedious repetitive tasks that I don't really want to take part in just so I can stay on par with my peers. Don't get me wrong, Legion is a fantastic xpac and I've really, really enjoyed it overall. But the RNG aspect is ridiculous. I'd much rather have a counter saying "Do this dungeon 100 times and get a legendary of your choice" rather than have a 1% chance every time I do a dungeon that I'll get a random legendary. Look at WLK and MOP, two xpacs with very solid max level experiences. There was a lot of accessible, engaging end game content in both of those and for the most part, any farming you needed to do to stay on top was based on reputations and valor points rather than miniscule drop chances on crucially important items that determine a large part of your DPS.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    people still claim legion legendary's are too hard to obtain *facepalm*
    where do u read him saying its *hard* *facepalm*