Poll: pick a class

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adlian View Post
    Whats the difference between Necromancer and Unholy DK?
    I don't think we'll get Necromancers but that's like saying there's no difference between a Priest and a Paladin

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    death knights shouldn't exist how they currently do blizzards fuck up doesn't make it correct

i have spent the past 2 days saying tinker is not unique

we have everything a tinker would have in engineering
    wtf is left to even give to tinkers without ruining engineering profession?

if you can invent 30 abilities that have nothing to do with engineering then you deserve a medal

focusing on the tiny similarities between necromancer and death knight and ignoring the major differences is ignorant of everyone

there is barely any difference between tinker and engineering and focusing on the tiny difference and ignoring the major duplicates is ignorant
    it's like someone trying to claim that a stone isn't a rock for tinker and engineer

and trying to claim that a apple is an orange for necro and dk because they're fruits
    since when did enginners have turrets, grenades, rocket boots, battle mechs, minions, healing guns, etc they could use in combat? oh wait they did, but guess wqaht, they were all useless, so lets get a class that makes use of em
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    since when did enginners have turrets, grenades, rocket boots, battle mechs, minions, healing guns, etc they could use in combat? oh wait they did, but guess wqaht, they were all useless, so lets get a class that makes use of em
    might as well make forgemasters a reality they can trim your armour for free and they sell rune scimitars
    their signature attack ability is the wrath of the forge where a giant flaming anvil is thrown at the target
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I would love Bard but sadly Blizzard agrees that they would love it too, but unsure how to implement it to the holy trinity design (Tank/Heal/DPS).
    Yeah there are a lot of cool classes from other games which are, historically, "true hybrids", so hard to fit into tank/heal/DPS. That said, Bards are quite easy to fit into heal block when it comes down to it, and I think with three specs it'd be easy to have them as a sort of Arcane-ish healer in one or two of those specs, and an Arcane and/or Physical DPS in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Why would it need to be goblin or gnome only? Look at the tech the Iron Horde made or the Draenei and army of light
    The Iron Horde stuff is goblin stuff though.

Draenei stuff is all magi-tech, so it's a bit different from what tinkers have.

If Blizzard had some way for players to choose the type of tech they wanted to use(not through specs) then that could work. Just like a cosmetic thing or a bunch of glyphs or something like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah there are a lot of cool classes from other games which are, historically, "true hybrids", so hard to fit into tank/heal/DPS. That said, Bards are quite easy to fit into heal block when it comes down to it, and I think with three specs it'd be easy to have them as a sort of Arcane-ish healer in one or two of those specs, and an Arcane and/or Physical DPS in the other.
    I think it holds due to the fact that many wishes to see Bard as a support spec. Though, as AA did, if at same ideas then you could add them in. But would have to expect a lot of class flavour so people could play music without a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

bard can be a paladin 4th spec we already buff people so it kind of fits and they have ret or prot to use for questing
    except bard spec would be more sound related and less holy related
    and how churches make music sometimes it could still fit
    And you attempted to accuse me of trolling? Have you played a game with a bard class before?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    We don't have useful turrets, currently have one that is more or less junk and the others are gone. We have grenades that are currently junk, we have gun shoes that are more or less just toys. We have minions that are basically junk except for Jeeves and Blingtron 6000 (for now), we don't have healing guns. Oh, and none of them are repeatable once activated in combat. Oh, and engineers don't have battle-mechs, the only useful battle-mechs we've had was stolen from people, as we don't have the ability or given the training to build one that can do more than pick flowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    The Iron Horde stuff is goblin stuff though.

Draenei stuff is all magi-tech, so it's a bit different from what tinkers have.

If Blizzard had some way for players to choose the type of tech they wanted to use(not through specs) then that could work. Just like a cosmetic thing or a bunch of glyphs or something like that.
    Magi-tech/Crystal-tech/Artificing is another chapter of Tinkering.

Artificers are Draenei and Blood Elves that have used that.

Then we have Dwarves with their steam engines.

Humans and Orcs with war machines and ships.

Gnomes and Goblins with each their own kind, as well as airships, ships, zeppelins, submarines etc.

Forsaken with Alchemy and plague machines.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Gnomes and Goblins with each their own kind, as well as airships, ships, zeppelins, submarines etc.

I really dislike the name Tinker. Artificer and Apothecary are better.

Humans don't have war machines and their ships are low tech. Orc tech stuff is made by goblins.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it holds due to the fact that many wishes to see Bard as a support spec. Though, as AA did, if at same ideas then you could add them in. But would have to expect a lot of class flavour so people could play music without a fight.

- - - Updated - - -

And you attempted to accuse me of trolling? Have you played a game with a bard class before?

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have useful turrets, currently have one that is more or less junk and the others are gone. We have grenades that are currently junk, we have gun shoes that are more or less just toys. We have minions that are basically junk except for Jeeves and Blingtron 6000 (for now), we don't have healing guns. Oh, and none of them are repeatable once activated in combat. Oh, and engineers don't have battle-mechs, the only useful battle-mechs we've had was stolen from people, as we don't have the ability or given the training to build one that can do more than pick flowers.

- - - Updated - - -

http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Bard
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussio...int-of-bard/p2
    http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Classes
    bard was garbage
    thief is where the magic happens

10+ Year Old Account
    I really dislike the name Tinker. Artificer and Apothecary are better.

Humans don't have war machines and their ships are low tech. Orc tech stuff is made by goblins.
    Humans do have war machines, ordered from the Dwarves or gnomes ^^ .

And yes, their ships are low tech, but the kids gotta start somewhere.

And well, to be honest, Artificer is one culture, apothecary is another and more specific to that of alchemy use and well, the spreading of it. Tinker is a general Gnomish / Goblin class name and was used first by the Goblins, after all (see also).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Humans do have war machines, ordered from the Dwarves or gnomes ^^ .

And yes, their ships are low tech, but the kids gotta start somewhere.

And well, to be honest, Artificer is one culture, apothecary is another and more specific to that of alchemy use and well, the spreading of it. Tinker is a general Gnomish / Goblin class name and was used first by the Goblins, after all (see also).
    Tinker is still pretty specific to just gnomes and goblins and sounds dumb as fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Baldur's Gate is a bit far of from the vision of an MMO, though. Bard wasn't the best example there compared to how some were depicted in MMO's. I normally always ended up going with ranger, I think and Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Tinker is still pretty specific to just gnomes and goblins and sounds dumb as fuck.
    Everyone man has their likings, just imagine what a gnome/goblin would call a Bard, then. Audiosymphonizer? (I know the last word is actually a thing but had to sound a bit technical without sounding common).

10+ Year Old Account
    Baldur's Gate is a bit far of from the vision of an MMO, though. Bard wasn't the best example there compared to how some were depicted in MMO's. I normally always ended up going with ranger, I think and Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone man has their likings, just imagine what a gnome/goblin would call a Bard, then. Audiosymphonizer? (I know the last word is actually a thing but had to sound a bit technical without sounding common).
    um excuse me but baldur's gate existed before any mainstream mmorpg
    baldurs gate came a year after ultima online

you keep shooting your self in the foot ffs

the bard in baldur's gate is literally the original
    icewind dale and baldurs gate and neverwinter knights were heavily influenced by dungeons and dragons

any bard that isn't a rogue is not a bard
    mmo games have fucked shit up
    just like blizzard fucked up death knights ruining the necromancer experience

I don't see the point of a Necromancer. Half of their class fantasy (dark caster) is fulfilled by Warlocks, the other half (Scourge/Unholy themed class) by DKs. Hell UH Death Knights basically are Necromancers with a sword, Aff locks even moreso. We already had enough problems when DHs needed to steal toys from Warlocks in order to be implemented.

Tinkers would be sweet, something new and different. Mail class with a healing spec (shock people back to life for science!), a ranged damage spec (lasers and bombs and rockets oh my), and a third that could really be anything, such as a tank that uses mechanical armor.

Plus it need not be Gnome and Goblin specific, just like Monks aren't Pandas only. Humans, Dwarves, Forsaken, Draenei, BEs, hell even Orcs have all shown an aptitude for machinery to various degrees.
    Last edited by Jastall; 2017-10-01 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    um excuse me but baldur's gate existed before any mainstream mmorpg
    baldurs gate came a year after ultima online

you keep shooting your self in the foot ffs
    Ugh, why do you keep doing this bull?

I know when Baldur's Gate was released, YOU were the one who took your bard experience from back then to compare with, and I were the one pointing out that you couldn't really do that and compare it up with how MMO's run today.

icewind dale and baldurs gate and neverwinter knights were heavily influenced by dungeons and dragons
    More or less, yup. Didn't disagree nor do, on this.

Nope, you are right - in the outdated world of Baldur's Gate. The future lead to the bard being a class of its own in other games.

Depends what shit. RPG's are never meant to be compared with MMORPG's.

Hmm, that is more your own personal opinion. I like my Death Knight really, as well as I like Necromancers in Diablo 2 and 3 - then again, D2 and D3 didn't have Death Knights either, just like WoW doesn't have playable necromancers outside of what has already been granted through the Death Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I don't see the point of a Necromancer. Half of their class fantasy (dark caster) is fulfilled by Warlocks, the other half (Scourge/Unholy themed class) by DKs. Hell UH Death Knights basically are Necromancers with a sword, Aff locks even moreso. We already had enough problems when DHs needed to steal toys from Warlocks in order to be implemented.

Tinkers would be sweet, something new and different. Mail class with a healing spec (shock people back to life for science!), a ranged damage spec (lasers and bombs and rockets oh my), and a third that could really be anything, such as a tank that uses mechanical armor.

Plus it need not be Gnome and Goblin specific, just like Monks aren't Pandas only. Humans, Dwarves, Forsaken, Draenei, BEs, hell even Orcs have all shown an aptitude for machinery to various degrees.
    (the bolded part) This made me wish for a cattle prod so you could zap (boost people) slacking on the DPS meter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, why do you keep doing this bull?

I know when Baldur's Gate was released, YOU were the one who took your bard experience from back then to compare with, and I were the one pointing out that you couldn't really do that and compare it up with how MMO's run today.

More or less, yup. Didn't disagree nor do, on this.

Nope, you are right - in the outdated world of Baldur's Gate. The future lead to the bard being a class of its own in other games.

Depends what shit. RPG's are never meant to be compared with MMORPG's.

Hmm, that is more your own personal opinion. I like my Death Knight really, as well as I like Necromancers in Diablo 2 and 3 - then again, D2 and D3 didn't have Death Knights either, just like WoW doesn't have playable necromancers outside of what has already been granted through the Death Knight.

- - - Updated - - -

(the bolded part) This made me wish for a cattle prod so you could zap (boost people) slacking on the DPS meter.
    you implied i never played any game with a bard in it

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Er, no, they are D&D mechanically, not influenced by it. They are implementations of the actual AD&D 2E and D&D 3E rules (with a couple of deviations, but those are smaller than typical "house rules").

Bards in AD&D 2E are a Rogue subclass but in AD&D 1E, they were their own thing, a combination of Fighter, Thief and Druid in one case, and a complete class in another. Tons of other pen and paper RPGs had different bards (Rolemaster, for example, but pretty much all fantasy RPGs do one sooner or later), since long before anyone dreamed of MMOs.

Hell, have you ever heard of one of the most important CRPG series ever? The Bard's Tale series in the early '80s, which had a Bard class which was most assuredly not just "a rogue". In AD&D 2E I played a lot of bards, in the '90s, and they were more a caster (using wizard spells) than anything else, but with thief and fighter elements.

Bards have been a lot of different things - they frequently turn up in JRPGs too.

Nah, they just didn't pick the AD&D 2E Bard as the main source, but bards had been in games a lot longer than that.

Man I am praying you are the world's greatest troll, I really am. Death Knights come from EQ's Shadowknights, so if you're going to blame someone "fucking up the Necromancer experience", blame EQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Er, no, they are D&D mechanically, not influenced by it. They are implementations of the actual AD&D 2E and D&D 3E rules (with a couple of deviations, but those are smaller than typical "house rules").

Bards in AD&D 2E are a Rogue subclass but in AD&D 1E, they were their own thing, a combination of Fighter, Thief and Druid in one case, and a complete class in another. Tons of other pen and paper RPGs had different bards (Rolemaster, for example, but pretty much all fantasy RPGs do one sooner or later), since long before anyone dreamed of MMOs.

Hell, have you ever heard of one of the most important CRPG series ever? The Bard's Tale series in the early '80s, which had a Bard class which was most assuredly not just "a rogue". In AD&D 2E I played a lot of bards, in the '90s, and they were more a caster (using wizard spells) than anything else, but with thief and fighter elements.

Bards have been a lot of different things - they frequently turn up in JRPGs too.

Nah, they just didn't pick the AD&D 2E Bard as the main source, but bards had been in games a lot longer than that.

Man I am praying you are the world's greatest troll, I really am. Death Knights come from EQ's Shadowknights, so if you're going to blame someone "fucking up the Necromancer experience", blame EQ.
    gehco claimed i never played any game with a bard in it
    i played baldurs gate
    i don't know everything i'm not god so why are you expecting me to be god to know everything

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i don't know everything i'm not god so why are you expecting me to be god to know everything
    God forbid you learn anything, eh? Maybe you can just link to some dodgy sites and make some spurious claims.

10+ Year Old Account
    you implied i never played any game with a bard in it
    Forgot I had to be so specific with you, current development of games, newer titles, MMO's.

- - - Updated - - -

gehco claimed i never played any game with a bard in it
    i played baldurs gate
    Please don't project on me, will you? I never claimed you haven't played a game with a bard. I questioned if you had. Not the same.

- - - Updated - - -

God forbid you learn anything, eh? Maybe you can just link to some dodgy sites and make some spurious claims.
    We all have to learn and adapt, so it is okay to experience defeat. He still didn't link a source and why he believes the D3 Necromancer was apparently for testing for WoW release - or something like that.

meanwhile blizzard already proceeded to test necromancer waters by making it in diablo 3 as their version of a prototype wow class
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-10-02 at 08:49 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    " they were all useless"
    as i said, i think you did not fully read my full post
    also there is a battle mech, have you not unlocked the piloted combat mode for reeves?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good