Poll: So are you going to press the button?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Id just shoot the guy with the button and take the 5 million. Then tell the cops he broke into my house and ran at me like a crazy person.
    nope, the 5 mio appear out of nowhere, not in the pockets of the guy presenting the button.
    he is completely safe minus the 1000 dollar you dont neet to kill someone for. but the circle of "remote killing" would end probably with you if you kill the advertiser. have fun in jail.

Deleted
    Kill one person, use the 5 million to save more lives.

It's a net gain for humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do I get paid for each time I press it? Because I'd probably press it a lot.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Is the person on the other side of the button a random person or a specific target? If it's random, I'd immediately punch the guy in the face, call the police and let them solve the problem while I collect money from TV companies to be on their shows.
    If it's not random (public personality, known terrorist, etc) we can argue.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can probably save more than 1 life with 5 millions

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    Do I get paid for each time I press it? Because I'd probably press it a lot.
    nobody and nothing stops you from multiple use. question is how fast the millions arrive in the hours until it hits 5 pm next day and your schedule for use/misuse/no use is up. everything between 5 001 000 $ (guarantee sum and one payed use) and "sky is the limit" is possible.

so calculate with those 5 millions and hope for the bigger amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    nope, the 5 mio appear out of nowhere, not in the pockets of the guy presenting the button.
    he is completely safe minus the 1000 dollar you dont neet to kill someone for. but the circle of "remote killing" would end probably with you if you kill the advertiser. have fun in jail.
    Thats not how it works the cash is always on the button guy in the scenarios otherwise you would just think he was nuts.

Also given the laws here in Texas shooting a man selling murder wouldn't be an issue hell you'd be called a hero for stopping him.

I would take that $1,000 dollars and buy a plane ticket to wherever Oprah lives. I would then steal almost all of her money, because she doesn't deserve it. (the OP actually supports doing this)

The OP is outraged at the thought of killing a complete stranger for millions of dollars, but would have no problem forcefully taking almost all of someone else's money... just because she is rich.

I'd rather do it for free, Deathnote style. There would be no more Tennisace or Mall Security threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    you can probably save more than 1 life with 5 millions
    dont pat yourself, you will not donate it perhaps the 5m for the 10th use out of shame, but not the other 45 m. you do not press the button out of charity, hmm ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Thats not how it works the cash is always on the button guy in the scenarios otherwise you would just think he was nuts.

Also given the laws here in Texas shooting a man selling murder wouldn't be an issue hell you'd be called a hero for stopping him.
    so it's a single use because the button guy wont have millions upon million with him to pay you for hitting the button like a typewriter on speed ? Pfft !
    and why think it was nuts ? i would get 1000 $ anyway, nuts or not. and how do you think you prove the prospect he was "selling murder" ? you cannot use the button to prove it.
    Last edited by ranzino; 2017-10-01 at 10:24 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    5 million can save a lot of people.

So yeah, I would.

Is it the correct moral stance? I don't know. Ask the people I would save.

10+ Year Old Account
    if i get multiple 5mil, can i just use one of those birds?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

I'd push it. I wouldn't have to worry about money after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I'd push it. I wouldn't have to worry about money after that.
    Maybe not for the reason you think. What if he takes the box to somebody who doesn't know you next, and you're next on the list?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Side effects of drugs can result in death, but they're allowed to sell the drugs because they help more people than they hurt. Don't see a difference.
    There's quite a vast difference between one in a million chance of dying, and one that is guarantee. If you really think doctors are allowed to prescribe what amounts to a guaranteed lethal dose, then I'm not sure what to tell you. Obviously we are not talking of the same reality then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Just to clarify, the government would be cool with it?
    Since you say tax free I assume my state is informed and won't prosecute me no matter what? Be it as a perpetrater or co-perpetrator?

Also, can you be more specific about the "person you know" part? If I visit every house in my city personally, just to say hello, would that be enough to protect them from the button?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Let me narrow the target set of people a little bit and I'll bring out my long-dormant Nintendo button-smashing skills. No money required.

I'd press it like 10 times then retire.

OP, couldnt have asked anything more old? But then again, what one could expect from Mall Security except another idiotic scenario...

Why not ... nothing of value to lose.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.