Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Eh, watched some streams and I'm not impressed after getting burnt hard by the first Total War Warhammer. What's the point of having "good graphics" (= high system requirements) if the screen ends up being covered by horrible aura, spell and projectile trail effects. I still feel the Total Warhammer games' graphics are downgraded compared to Attila (which looks way better).

I'm told at my local Gamestop that sales are extremely disappointing as well - on par with Andromeda for the number of boxed copies they had ordered.

I'll wait for the Mortal Empires (combined campaign map) update, when the game'll probably be retailing for $15 and being given away for free on Humble Bundle like last time around with the Bretonnia update.
    I guess its fitting you have that avatar if this kind of ignorance is what you post.

1: while the game has good graphics, its better optimized than the first one. I have a much smoother FPS, despite the game looking even more gorgeous than the first.

2: as others pointed out, you can deactivate projectile trails and spell effects if they bother you that much.

3: Physical sales in general for most games are on the decline in this day and age. its not gonna be long before every game is sold digitally exclusively. Specially since games are over 60+ GB these days, meaning physical copies don't have an actual disk on them, and you still end up downloading the game anyways. In terms of actual sales, Warhammer 1 was the most sold game in the total war franchise, and this one looks like its even more successful than the first, getting nothing but lavish reviews both by professional and amateur reviewers, as well as by most fans and buyers on steam. Don't attempt to paint this game as some big critical and commercial failure. You'll only end up looking like a retard.

4: As others pointed out, the bretonnia update was several months after the game was released, and the game didn't go into sales until like 8 months after release. Mortal Empires is due to be released in a couple of weeks at most. But Warhammer 2 wont go on sale until at least late march or early april at best.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-10-01 at 11:04 PM.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    lol, the whole Malekith and Morathi is still canon? I thought it wasn't anymore.

Also, regarding Mazdamundi not banging krog, DO NOT put that image in my head >_>
    Imagine how much effort, mostly on skink attendants' part, I suppose, it would take to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    High Elf economy just feels so shit.
    Your buildings bring in almost no money, no one other then the elves wants to trade with you but your conquering elf lands to expand.

I wonder if the best Tyrion start wouldn't be to leave Ulthuan after conquering your home province and living on another continent instead so you can feed of trade treaties with the other elf factions.
    I dunno, I'm really struggling with every faction other than Tyrion, with whom I was literally sleeping on gold. 10k+ income with big armies, once I've "united" Ulthuan I had like 6 or 7 full high tier armies and most cities fully upgraded. Tyrion's campaign seems really easy compared to others, since he has a laughably easy starting position with pretty much no threats other than the ones he creates himself. Other factions are pretty much surrounded by enemies, and their starting provinces aren't exactly easily defensible, while Tyrion has his 3 starting cities within 1 turn of march. Makes defense a breeze.

I'm told at my local Gamestop that sales are extremely disappointing as well - on par with Andromeda for the number of boxed copies they had ordered.
    The cinema I work at had a huge flop in sales when the last episode of Star Wars came out, while other cinemas had full audiences all the time. The movie was a massive commercial success. Anecdotal evidence. The game peaked at 72k concurrent players today on Steam. Not sure if it shows only EU or all regions combined. In any case, that is not a small number, especially for a high priced game from a non-mainstream genre. You can't get TW:WH1 for 15$ a year after release. But sure, you can keep dreaming that WH2 will go on a big sale anytime soon. The best you can count on is some 30% discount during Christmas sales, when some new DLCs will probably be launched.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-10-01 at 11:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Deleted
    TWW2 beat Call of Duty WW2 in concurrent players when one was free and the other was $60, it's not a flop.

I guess its fitting you have that avatar if this kind of ignorance is what you post.

1: while the game has good graphics, its better optimized than the first one. I have a much smoother FPS, despite the game looking even more gorgeous than the first.
    Not really well-optimized. There are massive loading times going between the campaign and battle maps. You should've seen the streamers desperately try to come up with stuff to talk about during these enforced 3 minute "breaks."

Deleted
    Not really well-optimized. There are massive loading times going between the campaign and battle maps. You should've seen the streamers desperately try to come up with stuff to talk about during these enforced 3 minute "breaks."
    Must be using shit rigs then.

My loading times are less than 30 seconds so far.

Deleted
    3 minute... yeah... right

It seems like your sense of time is completely of.
    It's like 15-30 seconds.. at most, on MY PC, I'd assume streamers have much better rigs than I do or at least a current Gen from a few months ago.

hugh, why do you even bother to write this shit and nonsense, what do you gain from it..
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-02 at 05:13 AM.

As Helden below me said. They used shitty rigs. I had loading screens of 30 to 40 seconds tops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    TWW2 beat Call of Duty WW2 in concurrent players when one was free and the other was $60, it's not a flop.
    lol OWNED.

But yes, that's mighty impressive considering indeed that one is free, the other is 60 bucks. One is from a braindead mainstream genre, the other is from a very niche genre that requires hard tactical thinking. One is pretty simple to get into, the other requires a lot of practice and effort to do well at.

And yet, Warhammer 2 has more players than Call of Dooty right now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    3 minute... yeah... right

It seems like your sense of time is completely of.
    It's like 15-30 seconds.. at most, on MY PC, I'd assume streamers have much better rigs than I do or at least a current Gen from a few months ago.

hugh, why do you even bother to write this shit and nonsense, what do you gain from it..
    It's a common issue (long loading times):
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/59457...86297684857125

Its an annecdotal issue. if this was so common it would have been mentioned. In professional reviews, amateur reviews, user reviews, etc.

Very few people have this problem.

As I said before, if you're trying to make it seem like this game was some big critical and commercial failure, you're only gonna end up looking like a retard.
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-10-02 at 06:58 AM.

Its an annecdotal issue. if this was so common it would have been mentioned. In professional reviews, amateur reviews, user reviews, etc.

Very few people have this problem.

As I said before, if you're trying to make it seem like this game was some big critical and commercial failure, you're only gonna end up looking like a retard.
    Dude, the game looks awful. The spell effects are worse than vanilla WoW and they are everywhere - making it so you can't tell what the hell is going on.

Look at the isle of dead map. The vortex graphics are laughable.

WoW has way better graphics and requires a fraction of the hardware to run on.

Deleted
    Dude, the game looks awful. The spell effects are worse than vanilla WoW and they are everywhere - making it so you can't tell what the hell is going on.

Look at the isle of dead map. The vortex graphics are laughable.

WoW has way better graphics and requires a fraction of the hardware to run on.
    Comparing a strategy game, the scale of Total War Warhammer 2, to World of Warcraft?

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Comparing a strategy game, the scale of Total War Warhammer 2, to World of Warcraft?

He's doing a wonderful job of sounding like a retard.

I just love the menace below with scaven, feels dirty popping that anywhere on the map.

- - - Updated - - -

Put the game on a ssd and there you go.

It doesn't even take a minute to load for the first time (which is usually a lot longer than the next loadings) for me on my shit laptop that barely runs it on the lowest settings. You're making stuff up so much it stopped being funny a few posts ago. How about you go find a bunch of haters you can circlejerk with, noone's falling for your bullshitting here. I don't even have SSD, btw.
    Last edited by Airlick; 2017-10-02 at 03:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Um, many other people are saying it. It could reach meme status soon.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/59457...86297684536136
    Quote Originally Posted by link
    Anyone else think graphics suck?
    I get it - it takes a monster PC to run this game. There's tons of stuff going on.

But just looking at the visuals, even with everything maxed out, dont they feel a little bit.... off? I mean...everything is colorful, spiky, edgy, there's a lack of realistic HDR, depth, SSAO, sun/godrays...I mean it's 2017....I cant quite put my finger on it, but the graphics just look cartoonish and remind me of the ancient times where we had a WHFB mod for Medieval II total war.

Maybe it's the art style, maybe its the animations...everything feels so World of Warcrafty rather than a grim, Diablo-esque universe.
    Yea they went for a more cartoony look but I like style over realism it ages better..
    You could always get a reshade filter, that takes the cartoony colorful edge off, but the game still looks like absolute♥♥♥♥♥♥with the sharpness filter they applied. Turning off SSAO just makes thing even worse.

Deleted
    Um, many other people are saying it. It could reach meme status soon.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/59457...86297684536136
    Are you done with your nonsense?

The guy who made the thread is praising Medieval II graphics.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2017-10-02 at 06:04 PM.

Finished the High Elves campaign. Whoa, that final quest was EPIC. It even had a nice plot twist too.

I'm doing the Dark Elves campaign now, but I've run into a very problematic issue. I dunno if its a bug or intentional, but regardless I can't wait for this thing to be patched out, or at least someone makes a mod to remove it.

Morathi spreads chaos corruption everywhere, both if you choose her as your starter lord, and if you confederate her faction. (She spreads other things too if you know what I mean *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*)

So far so good, she's supposed to be a Slaenshi cultist, so it makes sense that she spreads chaos wherever she goes. What doesn't make sense is that both her, and her troops suffer attrition when walking on chaos-corrupted land.

That's really really stupid, and very self-destructive. Norscans, Beastmen, and Warriors of Chaos spread Chaos Corruption and suffer no damage under it, so why should she?. Next thing we know, they'll add the Tomb Kings, who will spread vampiric corruption, but will suffer attrition damage while walking on vampiric corrupted land.

Worse yet is that I'm past turn 60+ on my new DE game with malekith, I just confederated her, and now I'm suddenly finding half my provinces getting tainted by chaos, and my own troops suffering damage from walking on my own lands.

Edit: Hmmm apparently this is only an issue if you confederate Morathi. If you start playing as her, then she and your troops are immune to attrition.

Well.......... that's kinda dumb =/
    Last edited by Derah; 2017-10-02 at 06:26 PM.

Deleted
    Finished the High Elves campaign. Whoa, that final quest was EPIC. It even had a nice plot twist too.

I'm doing the Dark Elves campaign now, but I've run into a very problematic issue. I dunno if its a bug or intentional, but regardless I can't wait for this thing to be patched out, or at least someone makes a mod to remove it.

Morathi spreads chaos corruption everywhere, both if you choose her as your starter lord, and if you confederate her faction. (She spreads other things too if you know what I mean *wink-wink-nudge-nudge*)

So far so good, she's supposed to be a Slaenshi cultist, so it makes sense that she spreads chaos wherever she goes. What doesn't make sense is that both her, and her troops suffer attrition when walking on chaos-corrupted land.

That's really really stupid, and very self-destructive. Norscans, Beastmen, and Warriors of Chaos spread Chaos Corruption and suffer no damage under it, so why should she?. Next thing we know, they'll add the Tomb Kings, who will spread vampiric corruption, but will suffer attrition damage while walking on vampiric corrupted land.

Worse yet is that I'm past turn 60+ on my new DE game with malekith, I just confederated her, and now I'm suddenly finding half my provinces getting tainted by chaos, and my own troops suffering damage from walking on my own lands.

Edit: Hmmm apparently this is only an issue if you confederate Morathi. If you start playing as her, then she and your troops are immune to attrition.

Well.......... that's kinda dumb =/
    It sure is. Tbh... I would have thought that all DE factions spread chaos.
    Considering how they are all about sacrifice, murder and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Skaven are great at sea (pi-rats?).

"Ahoy-hoy!"

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Ok. Might get it then.. The whole Age of Sigmar had be dump all my miniatures.... never could get a game for 6th anymore....

Its always the "AGE OF SIGMAR or go home"....
    AoS is a good game.