Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Or you can use your common sense and not act like a computer algorithm that states, "300 pounds at 5'11 therefore obese."
    but that's exactly how the systems in place by various healthcare suppliers works, you conform to the prerequisite measurements therefore you are defined by the term.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    but that's exactly how the systems in place by various healthcare suppliers works, you conform to the prerequisite measurements therefore you are defined by the term.
    Because it's easier to make people with a label so "normal" people know who to point and mock. Because as you're well aware that works best, just look at anti-vaxxers.

How can you be healthy and obese, like grossly fat obese I mean.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    I try to post on a wide array of topics but sadly some get closed.

- - - Updated - - -

Show me where I fat shamed. Fighting for what's right isn't fat shaming bud.
    people like you make me want to stay fat or get fatter to cost people like you more money just to spite you.

7+ Year Old Account
    I already walk to work. Granted, it's because since it's right across the street it's actually faster and easier for me to walk than drive. I don't care if I cost society money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    There really isn't a healthy obese... even if your muscled as all hell that is going to destroy your body after a while.
    Being tiny twig man isn't healthy either

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    How can you be healthy and obese, like grossly fat obese I mean.
    Can't. But then again some people abuse the word "obese" to the limits. Like calling anyone on the upper range of normal weight, or even kilo or two overweight immediately obese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    There really isn't a healthy obese... even if your muscled as all hell that is going to destroy your body after a while.
    It is possible to be healthy and obese, but you are also correct - it won't always last.

Oddly enough - when I was in my 20s, I was very healthy and technically obese - wasn't until I saw a dietitian and tried to sort out my weight that I became very unhealthy and never recovered.

I'd give anything to go back to those days and be obese and healthy instead of the irreversible state I'm in now.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Fat shaming IS fat shaming though. Why not be civil to people who struggle with health issues, instead of making fun of them, and attacking them? Why not be decent, instead?
    Most people who are obese aren't obese because of health issues, they're obese because they're unwilling to exercise even the slightest amount of self-restraint in regards to what and how much they eat.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Human body is always deteriorating and it will only go faster if you don't care for it. You will become a burden on society eventually whether you like it or not, if you aren't already suffering from obese related health issues putting further strain on everyone around you including yourself.
    All the shitty lifestyles eventually bite us in the ass eventually. Karma is a bitch. Just exercise daily. Getting your pulse going and breaking a sweat is all it takes. Don't have to push yourself to run a marathon just a couple mins jogging make all the difference from slouching in front of a screen all day when it comes to your health. Your body will whine but be thankful in the long-run and so will you.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

7+ Year Old Account
    It stops being about people's "personal lives" when they start advocating to children and others about "healthy fat"
    This isn't even relevant.

It stops being about people's "personal lives" when they cause state laws to be implemented to reduce how much soda you can buy.
    It's neither the role nor the right of the state to dictate how much of a legal beverage you're allowed to consume. Ever.

It stops being about people's "personal lives" when i have to pay an estimated 15% more in taxes in order to handle their problems.
    When it comes to pooled resources, the only time you have a right to complain is if they're using it and not contributing. At that point, you can complain about them not contributing. But if they're contributing, they've just as much right to use those resources as you do. Your not using what you're paying for is your problem, not theirs.

You cannot use the, "lol it's personal mind your own business" angle when it directly affects everybody around them.
    Someone living life how they want does not "directly affect" those around them. People wanted government-regulated healthcare, and that's fine. But there is no point, ever, when government gets to regulate health. Period. Nor is there ever a point in which "society" or government trumps individual choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    See. This is what I've been saying all along. As the expert in this article states, Obese people need our help. Sitting on the sidelines with your hands in your pockets isn't going to cut it.

Either you're doing the right thing or you're not.
    and people that are obsessed with other people's weight need our help as well. Sitting on the sidelines with our hands in our pockets isn't going to cut it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    This seems to be a line that I see from time to time, trying to make a backhanded argument that the cost of health care is all the fault of overweight people. I'd argue that all sorts of life choices affect healthcare, along with things that aren't choices like inherited hereditary diseases. We have to be careful going down that slippery slope. Because once you start then do we charge people in high stress jobs higher insurance premiums or force them to do yoga? I've known people in perfect health that had heart attacks or strokes from high-stress office jobs. What about people that are around hazards on the job like construction workers or people around chemicals. There are so many chemicals maintenance workers are around and it never fails that 30 years later we learn they caused cancer. How about charging higher premiums for people that drink, or smoke cigarettes, or vape, or that drive motorcycles, or that scuba dive, or that ride bikes (adults on bikes get hit by cars all the time). You get the idea. If we're a free society, I think we have to be careful about opening that box where we try to blame common people when it's the greed of lawyers, insurance companies, health care providers, and companies pushing unhealthy food on people that are taking advantage of people.

If we start to go down that road I guarantee an insurance company could find an excuse for higher premiums for literally any person alive, no matter how healthy. Everyone's got a pre-existing condition, had a relative with a disease they could inherit, or has done something in their lives with the potential for affecting health (and therefore health costs) later in life. Next they'll be charging higher premiums for anyone that played football as a kid because of CTE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    How much money does old people cost society? What should we do about them?
    Aging is natural.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Aging is natural.
    So is eating and storing fats for mammals, Well the lucky ones at least.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/ne...-for-obesity#1

http://www.webmd.com/diet/obesity/ne...-for-obesity#1

See. This is what I've been saying all along. As the expert in this article states, Obese people need our help. Sitting on the sidelines with your hands in your pockets isn't going to cut it.

Either you're doing the right thing or you're not.
    You ignore me every time I bring this up.

inactivity is more likely to kill than being fat... fat active people live longer than slim inactive people while active fat people live shorter than active slim people. activity was the greatest determiner of death regardless of weight class yet you never post topics about the host of slim inactive people dying from issues due to their inactivity. There is a very huge study out of Europe following just that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Most people who are obese aren't obese because of health issues, they're obese because they're unwilling to exercise even the slightest amount of self-restraint in regards to what and how much they eat.
    i want to tell you story just so you can have a little perspective:

when i was a child i was always active, a little too active if you asked my parents, and was always a slim/athletic build, i was however always tall for my age so getting clothes to fit was a nightmare for my mother, when i reached my mid teens i was still very active, just more driven and focused in where i spent my energy so instead of mindlessly running around the garden at play time or whatever as a child i ran around the football/rugby pitch playing various team sports and excelling at them, playing for various teams at school and outside of school to the point where i was scouted by a major sports team in my local area, unfortunately i would never be this way again thanks to a health issue that arose when i was in my mid teens, i needed surgery to fix a problem that if left unchecked would have left me unable to walk at some point in the not too distant future, as a result of this surgery i went from being 'hyper active' to 0 activity whatsoever as i was bed bound for over a month and it took better part of 9 months to learn how to walk again, i have never been able to run since that time either, when i left the hospital after this surgery, there was no dietetic advice given to my parents, my mother who is a former theatre nurse while vastly knowledgeable about anatomy and various pharmacological fields wasn't too clued up when it comes to diet, and still fed me as if i was still out there running around at school/sports teams etc, as a result i gained more than half my total body weight in about 2 years, and this had a domino effect when i was old enough to work, i had financial independence and could afford whatever i wanted food wise, i didn't see the problems i was creating for myself nor did i see the real me when i looked in the mirror, several years later i am now in the very much obese category, and require yet more surgery to fix a problem that occurred as a result of the aforementioned surgery i had as a teenager, once again forcing me to learn how to walk during which time my activity level dropped to zero as i was unable to walk and get around until a suitable time had passed to allow sufficient healing of the affected area, fortunately nearly 13 years on i am now finally in a state that i am healthy both physically and mentally, but that initial surgery in my teens was the domino that set everything in motion to lead me to where i am today, if it wasn't for the help and support of my family and friends, and the understanding of those around me i am sure i would not be sitting here today typing this, do not assume as you leave yourself open to being made an ass, yes it is true that some are obese purely because they refuse to abandon bad habits instilled by parents during childhood and take responsibility for their own health and exercising self control over the 'bad' things, i knew a girl once who ate all the 'healthy' foods out there but was still overweight and exercised daily, everyone on this planet is unique and reacts differently to everything.

healthy and obese in the same sentence top kek

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    i want to tell you story just so you can have a little perspective:
    Don't post a wall of text if you want me to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    So is eating and storing fats for mammals, Well the lucky ones at least.
    why do you bother posting such disengenuous crap? you know very well there's a difference between normal amounts of fat and excess/obesity