Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    That moment when Facebook realizes it's probably cheaper/easier to just ban Europe from their site.
    RIP billions in value of facebook then.

Quote Originally Posted by Thougar View Post
    Well, I guess there's soon going to be a new perk to living outside of Europe.

The ability to use social media websites.
    yep, europe and china have something else in common.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I wonder if the OP recognizes the irony of an authoritarian xenophobe whining about burdensome government intruding into people's lives...

Nope, I don't think he does.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47458868

Doesn't seem that authoritarian to me.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Facebook and Twitter could make very special filters, specifically designed for Europeans to feel they are in a safe space.
    like universities and colleges in USA? rofl

if you're going to nation or continent bash, best not to when you own is no better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

if you're going to nation or continent bash, best not to when you own is no better.
    Wasn't exactly "bashing". Besides, the EU (the organization) are bunch of imbeciles. Not to mention, if you have to ban speech to protect "feelings", you're fucking doing it wrong.

RIP billions in value of facebook then.
    europe while technically is the largest market does not make up the bulk of facebook value or revenue.

"If you happen to live in Europe, including the UK, you’re only worth one-third of a North American to Facebook"

7+ Year Old Account

Touché. US universities could be much better on free expression. Trump could be much better on free expression. I'm enthusiastically pro-criticism, even if it hurts my feelings.

wait you think that hurts? you are very correct. not all though, just the hardcore liberal ones. and usa best country hands down,... there is no better

also hate speech on the internet is 100% users fault. you can avoid hate so easily on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47458868

Nationalism is authoritarian if you want to use the government to enforce your beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Daneman View Post

hes seems to be one of those types, anything to the right of me is a nazi, white supremacist, fascist, authoritarian, xenophobe and about 20 other buzz words. people can have difference of opinions without belonging to any group and those opinions may conflict. example; im pro choice (only by a little, but thats another story!). does that mean i can never be a conservative or republican? i believe in gun rights, can i never be a liberal?

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Wasn't exactly "bashing". Besides, the EU (the organization) are bunch of imbeciles. Not to mention, if you have to ban speech to protect "feelings", you're fucking doing it wrong.
    i agree i'm just saying the US is doing no better i've seen countless safe space bullshit posted and i think it's all pathetic soft weak millennials.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Touché. US universities could be much better on free expression. Trump could be much better on free expression. I'm enthusiastically pro-criticism, even if it hurts my feelings.
    I'd like to suggest that the emphasis here shouldn't be on free speech or expression, rather than free press or publishers.

Its a different matter for an individual to say something, than it is to have a private corporation publish and repeat that statement. Especially when they absolve themselves of any guilt in the matter while simultaneously lining their pockets from it.

In a certain respect, its not that far from torrent sites. They absolve themselves of any responsibility for the content because they aren't actually creating it, or providing it... but that generally hasn't gotten them anywhere when the force of money turns against them.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    europe while technically is the largest market does not make up the bulk of facebook value or revenue.

"If you happen to live in Europe, including the UK, you’re only worth one-third of a North American to Facebook"
    it's still going to make a huge dent in facebooks value if they lost every European overnight.

Nationalism is authoritarian if you want to use the government to enforce your beliefs.
    oh man my bad, i thought you were advocating EU is right in this matter. now i see you understand.

- - - Updated - - -

it's still going to make a huge dent in facebooks value if they lost every European overnight.
    vpn? or you really going to up the ante like china, follow them footsteps.

hes seems to be one of those types, anything to the right of me is a nazi, white supremacist, fascist, authoritarian, xenophobe and about 20 other buzz words. people can have difference of opinions without belonging to any group and those opinions may conflict. example; im pro choice (only by a little, but thats another story!). does that mean i can never be a conservative or republican? i believe in gun rights, can i never be a liberal?
    No, it means I've read his constant threads about paranoia of outsiders (especially Muslims and brown people), and how he wants the government to keep them all out. That's why I called him a xenophobe and authoritarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I'd like to suggest that the emphasis here shouldn't be on free speech or expression, rather than free press or publishers.

Its a different matter for an individual to say something, than it is to have a private corporation publish and repeat that statement. Especially when they absolve themselves of any guilt in the matter while simultaneously lining their pockets from it.

In a certain respect, its not that far from torrent sites. They absolve themselves of any responsibility for the content because they aren't actually creating it, or providing it... but that generally hasn't gotten them anywhere when the force of money turns against them.
    nothing like torrent sites. they are trading files illegally. hate speech is legal in all advanced civilizations. we do not stop our citizens from freedom of thought or expression because we simply do not like it.

oh man my bad, i thought you were advocating EU is right in this matter. now i see you understand.

- - - Updated - - -

No, I fully support the freedom of speech. I was merely commenting on the logical inconsistency of the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    Of course they should, but Facebook and Twitter aren't opening offices in Europe and then ignoring the European laws, they are on the internet. "Hate Speech" isn't banned in the US to the extent it is in Europe and neither site has any way of forcing people to not post hate speech. Both websites have rules against hate speech but they can't stop all of it.
    Europe is basically just asking them to enforce their own policies. So they don't have much of a leg to stand on there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

you think the average facebook user has even heard of a vpn?

all it would do (if this extreme ever came around) would open the door for a European controlled version of facebook, personally i see nothing really coming of this at all.

No, it means I've read his constant threads about paranoia of outsiders (especially Muslims and brown people), and how he wants the government to keep them all out. That's why I called him a xenophobe and authoritarian.
    I don't even know what the fuck you mean with brown people. Is my thai girlfriend considered brown people to you? She's pretty brown compared to us white people.