Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Can't pick a new class because of legendary system

I know I know. This has probably been discussed 100 times. I am a returning mythic raider. Just took a brake from WoW during summer and I wanna come back with another class. I am looking at different classes and how they are doing. I opened my eyes for mages. Never had one at max level ever and I go back to 2009 in WoW. Now my mage is 925 eq ilvl and I am trying to be competitive to other mages but all I say is GG, why? There is equal geared mage in my group but he got the bracers. His pyroblast deals on average 150% more damage in a bossfight. This goes for all mages Ive seen with them.

Then I was like let's see what Rogue has. '' extremely legendary dependent, warrior too, then feral is another universe playing with the ring.

I have come to the conclusion that if you dont get the BiS legendary you NEED to be competitive in WoW in your 1 or 2nd legendary loot, you might as well just give up or make the same class and start over.

I just damn hope they either just remove the legendary system completely or if they somehow feel the need to have any sort of legendary system, bring back the cloak or ring for example.

I've heard a story about paladin from method, he got all his legos in two months or something, it was in the ToS Method interview. So if you are trully serious world class mythic raider you probably can do the same.

Kuriisu: For most the grind was not that bad as everyone had most of the legendaries they wanted and new levels in the artifact are a pretty minor gain. For me personally it was quite challenging as I did a reroll from DPS to Healer, which was decided basically the day 7.2 hit the live servers. So I had to make and level up my new main, Paladin, grind out all 13 legendaries and farm the AP necessary as well as grind up AP and new legendaries for all my alts that went from being DPS to healer, and do it all in time for ToS release. The Paladin got his 13th and last legendary (a useless one sadly) on our first Mythic Desolate Host kill, so I feel like I've done as much as I could have in terms of prep for ToS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    I have come to the conclusion that if you dont get the BiS legendary you NEED to be competitive in WoW in your 1 or 2nd legendary loot, you might as well just give up or make the same class and start over.
    Only if you are in for the world first race, you are surly not

Play frost not so much legendary dependent and still produce good numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    I've heard a story about paladin from method, he got all his legos in two months or something, it was in the ToS Method interview. So if you are trully serious world class mythic raider you probably can do the same.
    yeh there you go just play as much as a world first raider to reroll.

i've never seen a more convincing reason to just quit this expansion because of the leggo system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    I dont wanna join a raid where this 1 player has the same gear and we use our ability the same etc but he is out DPSing me with, let's say, 200k DPS just because he got some RNG Jesus with him. I think that is just stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post

i've never seen a more convincing reason to just quit this expansion because of the leggo system.
    but you are still here aren't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgthreex View Post
    Play frost not so much legendary dependent and still produce good numbers
    I'd like a melee class but they all seem to be highly legendary dependent. not going DK or DH.

I know I know. This has probably been discussed 100 times. I am a returning mythic raider. Just took a brake from WoW during summer and I wanna come back with another class. I am looking at different classes and how they are doing. I opened my eyes for mages. Never had one at max level ever and I go back to 2009 in WoW. Now my mage is 925 eq ilvl and I am trying to be competitive to other mages but all I say is GG, why? There is equal geared mage in my group but he got the bracers. His pyroblast deals on average 150% more damage in a bossfight. This goes for all mages Ive seen with them.

Then I was like let's see what Rogue has. '' extremely legendary dependent, warrior too, then feral is another universe playing with the ring.

I just damn hope they either just remove the legendary system completely or if they somehow feel the need to have any sort of legendary system, bring back the cloak or ring for example.
    Welcome to legion where the only thing that has changed since release is that you get the first 2 legendary faster and they added more to dilute the pool. most of us agree that legendary RNG should not be a determining factor in your DPS output but Blizz says it's fun, so it has to be run... right?

I dont wanna join a raid where this 1 player has the same gear and we use our ability the same etc but he is out DPSing me with, let's say, 200k DPS just because he got some RNG Jesus with him. I think that is just stupid.
    Nah man, you two are not the same, one of you has more luck or dedication than the other one. Also complaining about RNG in WOW in 2017? I think that is just stupid.
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2017-10-02 at 12:38 AM.

The word 'Competitive' is vague and really depends on your perspective and goals as a raid team.

Looking to get a top 100 world kill of an end boss - sure, you definitely want all players having BiS legendaries.
    Top 250 kill - most of your raid should have bis leggos.
    Just want to kill mythic bosses with slow/casual progression and get a 500-2000 kill - Legendaries aren't super important.

There is enough content available now that you can build up a lot of Bad Luck Protection very quickly. Do all raids on: LFR, Normal and Heroic Difficulty. Do all Mythic 0 dungeons and all daily world cache quests. Doing all this content you will get at least one legendary a week.

Feral is not legendary dependent, whoever told you you had to have the ring lied to you. All in all the general delta between best and worst feral legendaries is 2-3%

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    That's irrelevant to the way it feels and the incredible DPS gains one item can make. the most frustrating thing about the legendary system is you have legendaries like the bracers, that are such a giant DPS increase they are mandatory for the spec to perform and looks balanced around them... but you might not get them until your last legendary drop because blizz says that's OK.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your complaint has nothing to do with the legendary system or picking a new class but everything to do with not being lucky with drops. Why not complain about RNG rather then the lazy troll excuse? You don't even say what legendaries you had before your summer break from WoW. Chances are you old main didn't have the current best legendaries. So it has nothing to do with picking a new class and everything to do with RNG.

Your solution is even to do away with RNG legendaries. Which still mean you have to do all of the quest lines work on a new character. So one of your hopes doesn't address the problem of switching mains and not having gear that offers a large boost to performance.

- - - Updated - - -

yeh there you go just play as much as a world first raider to reroll. i've never seen a more convincing reason to just quit this expansion because of the leggo system.
    I know. It is crazy that people might have to put in some effort and extra work to catch up when they decide to start over from scratch. So terrible. (Do I need to even put /sarcasm? I guess I did just in case it is missed.)

- - - Updated - - -

If you have the same gear that that would mean you have the same legendary that they have. In your example if you are doing 200k DPS less then someone with the same gear that means even with a legendary you are doing 200k less dps.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2017-10-02 at 12:49 AM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I think you're looking for an excuse to reroll. If that's the case, just do it and quit bitching about legendaries. Keep in mind though if you do reroll another class, you're not guaranteed you'll get a "good" legendary either. My DK has the damn neck & I've yet to see another legendary drop. My priest has the crappy boots and I've yet to see another legendary drop. I'm not worry about legendaries on either of them though because my role in a raid is still viable even with BiS legendaries.

That's quite the hyperbole. Is it a perfect, or even a good system? Arguably not. But implying that this situation applies to all others is just false.

Deleted
    just pick something and work at it, good chance you will have the legendarilies you need when next raid comes. you still have ~2 months so you should be able to get at least 8 without breaking your back too much, more if you are serious about it.

I'm not sure what week of this 7.2.5 patch is so my math may be off a week or two, but either way if this is week 5 of this patch keeping up with previous patch release schedules we got 6 weeks until next raid. Unless you're in a world first guild 6 weeks is more than enough time to get ready for your heroic/slower mythic prog guild if you play semi casually.

Note: I'm not saying this system is good, just pointing out if you want to reroll you should start NOW so you can at least get a few legendaries.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

if you are serious about mythic progression u have another month +/- to get them b4 next raid, run all LFR / PUG old raids / do mythic with guild and Mythic +10... that seems to net people 1 per week for people .... (not me but i do a mere fraction of that)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    I'm not a fan of the leggo system personally, but some of these people act like Blizz shot their dog the way they over react about being "mandatory". Mandatory for what exactly? You afraid your lil friends are gonna make fun of you because you did 50k dps less because you don't have your bis leggo?

Have you ever wiped on 5% or under? That 50k can be the difference between kill or wipe...