Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Each of those 53 foot containers and trailers hold an average of 18 pallets at 8 ft high of freight. So, yeah, I see a hell of a lot more than those 5 pallets. Maybe she should get off her ass and get the truckers and other people to work on clearing the roads and delivering the food and water to those in need instead of bashing Dumbass Trump for not doing everything for her.
    btw all those trucks have been reported to have goods for stores like Walgreen and cvs...not aid in your little picture.

oh and you think its fake news?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b09538b508275c

FEMA Insists Containers Sitting In San Juan Port Aren’t Filled With Aid

On Friday morning, Deputy FEMA Administrator Daniel Kaniewski told CNN that the containers in the San Juan port likely hold retail goods and not hurricane relief supplies.

“There are millions of meals and millions of liters of water that are on the island right now that are in the process of being distributed,” Kaniewski said during a live interview. “Now, we’ve seen video images of cargo containers sitting in the port. I can assure you that those are not FEMA containers. Those are retail goods that have probably been sitting there for days or weeks.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    sigh.....those don't have aid in them.
    confirmed by FEMA

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro1990 View Post
    Source on this? That doesn't sound like anything a General would say.
    Was frontpage of Huff post today and other news sites also.

Edit: Just saw you were linked source by Masark already.
    Want to play SWTOR again and get 7 free days of subscription access + free ingame goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/d5LnJT

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    There is plenty of fuel there, and they have a majority of the cell service back up across the island. The truckers are on strike wanting to be paid $50 per hour to deliver the aid. And, she seems to have plenty of time to do interviews and the such blasting Trump, instead of going to the FEMA meetings to determine how the assistance can be best carried out. Why doesn't she do a radio address letting people in her area know they have the food and water, she just needs the help getting it to them. I'm sure alot of people would gladly come to get the food and water and clear the roads and such so they could have it.
    Oh, yes, the strike thing. I heard that too, the whole 'smoking gun' video that has been going around. I don't speak Spanish though, so that guy could have said anything there. All I know is that the Union itself refutes that such a strike is there. See, that is the problem with the whole Fake News narrative, people are just free to believe whichever side they want and no one is held accountable afterwards. Your sources say the majority has cell service back, all that I read say the majority hasn't.

Ultimately, neither side can say with certainty what is going on there anymore until after the crisis has already passed, at least not without having been there. I simply choose to apply Occam's Razor, as I always do. It is much easier to believe that in a disaster-struck area, reaching poor people (as truck drivers in PR do not exactly make a lot of money) would be hard to reach than them being willing to make their own people suffer for a raise. It makes more sense that a mayor is doing her job instead of.....nothing, I guess? I mean that person is likely followed around by reporters and the like all the time, who can't all be part of some MSM conspiracy to make the crisis look worse than it is. If she didn't do her job, we would know. And no, giving interviews here and there is also part of her job, just like Trump is expected to give some statements during crises. From the interviews that have been relayed so far, it seems that she is not exactly interested in the feud that Trump has started with her and only uses the spotlight to try and rally, which is what one would expect from a leader in such a situation.

What I am saying is simply this: the likelihood that there is some kind of conspiracy going on to hamper relief efforts for raises and to make Trump look bad is much lower than there just being problems that need to be solved. And this isn't even really related to Trump at all. He likely has very little to do with the actual efforts and planning, even though he wants people to think so. Even that Mayor was not gunning for Trump specifically, just making some comments that betray a feeling of being left alone in an hour of need, which is common in such situations.
    Is the left-leaning media spinning this to be Trump's fault? Definitely. Just like the right-leaning media is trying to pin it all on the mayor. The thing is though, spin here, spin there, the problems still exist.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SupBrah View Post
    Yep, those who are trying to use anything to attack trump are no better than the ones they criticized for doing the same to obama. Just the other side of the horseshoe
    Wellllll, except for the small fact that ~90+% of the things Trump is being accused of/attacked for are well deserved, as opposed to ~90+% of the shit Obama was attacked/accused of wasn't.

But hey, minor detail.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

The fact that they have received supplies does not change the fact that they have trouble getting them to the places where they are needed because supply lines are completely fucked due to blocked and washed out roads.

It's a CMartel thread. Which is synonymous with not-so-subtle racism thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Yes, instead of getting out to help them now, let's go to the meeting currently scheduled for three days from now, argue about how credible she is as a source, make six plans to distribute supplies (none of which take into consideration her information since the supply plan should have already been in place) and hope the people there are ok when it happens.

When crisis strikes, it doesn't leave time in the schedule for meetings. As I said previously, I think I'd prefer a mayor be doing the latter - Finding people who are in trouble and getting them out of trouble sooner rather than later.
    She's a leader, she should be coordinating. It's not like she personally is swimming through the streets rescuing people. She can go to the FEMA meeting while still coordinating her own people. Yeah, the FEMA meeting would probably drag and be somewhat unproductive, but it is still information she could use. Maybe FEMA would make some stupid plan but atleast she would be in the know about it.

She can still lead and coordinate her own people and missions while still going to attend the meeting. That's what chain of commands are for.

There was an interview with people in a town 45min from San Juan. There has been ZERO aid workers or supplies for them. They kept asking the reporter where the supplies were.
    So things are improving in the port cities, but we need to be airlifting supplies into the rural areas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's a CMartel thread. Which is synonymous with not-so-subtle racism thread.
    Are you sure? No way would the mods allow a not-so-subtle racism thread. Threads bashing muslims, immigrants, and refugees are totally "newsworthy threads".

That's why you see those threads as headlines at Breitbart, Fox, Dailycaller, and whatever dark corner Stormfront crawled off too. Posting those makes GEN-OT into a pale shadow of those fine fine news sites.

The NYT, WaPo, and CNN need to step up their game and get those stories on the front pages!

/s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    As opposed as blaming Obama for the sun rising...
    Nah, I just blame Obama for further ingraining us into the scam of health insurance, continuing involvement in foreign affairs including Libya, ramping up drone strikes which kill innocent children, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Nah, I just blame Obama for further ingraining us into the scam of health insurance, continuing involvement in foreign affairs including Libya, ramping up drone strikes which kill innocent children, etc.
    Oh you mean like Trump and the Republicans doing everything to put the Insurance companies in complete and utter control of our health. How about you pay your health insurance for years diligently and at high premiums for them to just turn around and drop you because you got cancer or really any disease because fuck you they got your money. So you are pissed at Obama for getting us involved in Libya well what about Trump doing everything he can to start a war with N.K. and China through Twitter tantrums. etc...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Nah, I just blame Obama for further ingraining us into the scam of health insurance,
    Oh and if you think health care for the people is a "scam" then please if you ever get sick do not go to a hospital unless you can personally pay out of pocket for everything. Because if you can't pay then everyone else is paying for your leaching ass according to you.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    Oh you mean like Trump and the Republicans doing everything to put the Insurance companies in complete and utter control of our health. How about you pay your health insurance for years diligently and at high premiums for them to just turn around and drop you because you got cancer or really any disease because fuck you they got your money. So you are pissed at Obama for getting us involved in Libya well what about Trump doing everything he can to start a war with N.K. and China through Twitter tantrums. etc...
    It's sooooo cute that you think I'm a Trump supporter. Additionally you didn't refute my points. Huh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and if you think health care for the people is a "scam" then please if you ever get sick do not go to a hospital unless you can personally pay out of pocket for everything. Because if you can't pay then everyone else is paying for your leaching ass according to you.
    Are you retarded? I support universal healthcare. Obamacare is not that. It just lines the pockets of the insurance industry.