Page 7 of 162 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    At this time we do not believe there are any more shooters. More information to come shortly.

So one shooter, should come out who they were soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    When self driving cars become standard I wouldn't be surprised if steering wheels are banned.
    of course they will be. listen we are not banning guns and this incident only made me think thankfully i have a gun if somebody tried to take advantage of this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    [-- removed --]

Honest question here, given how often these threads come up, if there is no ability to talk about resolving the problem - what is the nature of the discussion intended ?
    So you can't discuss a news story without pushing a political agenda?

Easy solution; stay out of the topic.

[-- removed --]

Honest question here, given how often these threads come up, if there is no ability to talk about resolving the problem - what is the nature of the discussion intended ?
    i was informing people not attempting to solve problems. sorry you made that mistake but you can stop now.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a thread for it here. Discuss it there.

This thread is about this situation, which conveniently isn't related to gun control, since the stuff used is already illegal. Honestly it's just news, there's not a whole lot to discuss.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Chaim Goldberg View Post
    hehe It's just part and parcel of living in a big city goyim!

hehehehe
    So which shitposter made an anti-Semitic sock puppet account?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    Theres def echos due to all the buildings but even if it WASN'T an automatic anyone with some practice can fire a semi-auto rifle pretty damn fast that the distinction because moot.
    But it does sound like full auto, its just to fast to be someone with fast fingers.
    Don't forget bump-firing is a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post

This thread is about this situation, which conveniently isn't related to gun control, since the stuff used is already illegal. Honestly it's just news, there's not a whole lot to discuss.
    Since you seem to be at the source... Do you know how long it took for the police to arrive on the scene?

which conveniently isn't related to gun control
    Well it is, but I will take your advice and head off.

there's not a whole lot to discuss.
    Well apart from the cause, which is now off topic - that seems to be the case.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted

Well, there is one thing to discuss, that is how to prevent it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Since you seem to be at the source... Do you know how long it took for the police to arrive on the scene?
    I honestly don't. I found out about it about ~20-30 minutes after the original incident, when things were still up in the air. News had already reported on it by then. Generally speaking though, LVPD responds pretty fast here. There have been a few incidents and shootings in my neighborhood and response time is usually about ~5-8 minutes.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Wasn't there talk about a second person involved?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    Don't forget bump-firing is a thing.
    I almost want to say that it's too slow for a bump-fire.

Also given that they went through about 40-60 rounds in that first volley from what it sounds like (even echo aside), bump firing that many rounds that well seems unlikely. I'd bet more that it's an automatic of some kind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    Wasn't there talk about a second person involved?
    There was for a while, because of the number of reports that came in from various areas and hotels. As far as I can tell police have confirmed (at least out loud) that there isn't a second.

I honestly don't. I found out about it about ~20-30 minutes after the original incident, when things were still up in the air. News had already reported on it by then. Generally speaking though, LVPD responds pretty fast here. There have been a few incidents and shootings in my neighborhood and response time is usually about ~5-8 minutes.
    Then I wonder who shot back during the initial shooting. The shots fired on the Twitter video which was posted on 1st page can't be all by the shooter? Some rounds have different sounds to them.

Then I wonder who shot back during the initial shooting. The shots fired on the Twitter video which was posted on 1st page can't be all by the shooter? Some rounds have different sounds to them.
    On the scanners, when police entered the room the shooting was being done from (32nd floor) they stated they found multiple weapons in different firing positions.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same person, likely. As mentioned earlier, sound behaves strangely on the strip. It was probably just aiming at a different area (There's a good ~1 minute pause between volleys, which was probably reloading, or possibly waiting for it to cool off). The rate seems the same, so I would expect it to be just aiming at a different area and causing different acoustics.

Quote Originally Posted by Worvon View Post
    On the scanners, when police entered the room the shooting was being done from (32nd floor) they stated they found multiple weapons in different firing positions.
    The fuck? I thought he was down at the strip? Did he shoot down from a hotel window?

10+ Year Old Account
    The fuck? I thought he was down at the strip? Did he shoot down from a hotel window?
    Pretty much, was firing into the crowd from above.

10+ Year Old Account
    I almost want to say that it's too slow for a bump-fire.

Also given that they went through about 40-60 rounds in that first volley from what it sounds like (even echo aside), bump firing that many rounds that well seems unlikely. I'd bet more that it's an automatic of some kind.

- - - Updated - - -

There was for a while, because of the number of reports that came in from various areas and hotels. As far as I can tell police have confirmed (at least out loud) that there isn't a second.
    It did sound more consistent and deliberate than bump-fire, but was just throwing it out there as a possibility.
    Sounded like an AK with a drum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.