Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Funny to see my Twitter feed explode around this.

It's just one guy shooting in one US city. Normally I don't see this much reaction.
    Oh, I dunno, perhaps it blew up due to shootings that result in 20+ dead, 100+ injured aren't all that common, all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And apparently he has had run ins with the police before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep now a bunch of tweets about how Stephen Paddock has a criminal past as a sex offender.

Not sure about that though, the sex offender stephen paddock looks to be in his 40s maybe 50s whereas the shooter is 60+

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep now a bunch of tweets about how Stephen Paddock has a criminal past as a sex offender.
    There is a Stephen Paddock from South Carolina that these people are confusing him with. But he isn't 64. http://www.homefacts.com/offender-de...s-Paddock.html They probably got it from that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Not sure about that though, the sex offender stephen paddock looks to be in his 40s maybe 50s whereas the shooter is 60+
    I got that information that he has had run ins with the police from NBC reporting about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Banning firearms would take quite some time before it would make a difference.

Can you imagine a us where the vast majority of police are unarmed?
    In what magical unicorn fairy land do you imagine that proper gun control somehow equates to cops with no guns? Are you proposing that if gun control was enacted, they would take them away from the military too? Fucking idiot.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-02 at 02:56 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Typical Monday in America. To be fair to the shooter if I was at a country music festival I'd be homocidal too.
    I like it how the first douche to make an inappropriate comment on a serious matter accidentally came out of the closet in his post.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-10-02 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    No, you can not. Pick up a dictionary and look it up.
    Actually there are several meanings including use of terror as a means of coercion, you are probably just sticking with google's top result.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    In what magical unicorn fairy land do you imagine that proper gun control somehow equates to cops with no guns? Are you proposing that if gun control was enacted, they would take them away from the military too? Fucking idiot.
    He is imagining most of Europe where our cops are fighting criminals and gangs with sticks and stones. Because that's totally what gun control means.

Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    That would be Stephen Paddock, from Bristol in the UK.

Once again, chill with the witch hunts, everyone.
    Actually hes from South Carolina, still not Nevada though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shuubi View Post
    I like it how the first douche to make an inappropriate comment on a serious matter accidentally came out of the closet in his post.
    Is there something wrong with being gay?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    I got that information that he has had run ins with the police from NBC reporting about it.
    Fair enough, last I saw they were reporting that he had "no criminal records"

Trump doesn't seem to have made a statement yet. Is he waiting to find out the ethnicity of the shooter and victims before he decides what he thinks?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Terrorism goal is to kill as many people as possible which result in people getting terrorised.

I'm pretty sure the shooter here did not mean to terrorise people. He just wanted to shoot people in the head.

You see your flawless logic?
    Terrorism is also holding hostages to force a government to do something. That doesn't require killing anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by arboachg View Post
    Oh, I dunno, perhaps it blew up due to shootings that result in 20+ dead, 100+ injured aren't all that common, all things considered.
    It's not the first and it won't be the last American society decided a long time ago we are okay with mass shootings regardless of body count. I expect this not to be worth covering within 2-4 days because the public really doesn't want to do anything about it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Actually hes from South Carolina, still not Nevada though.
    My apologies, seems there's numerous Stephen Paddocks into kiddie fiddling, this is one of the first results that comes up for me when searching Stephen Paddock

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    It's not the first and it won't be the last American society decided a long time ago we are okay with mass shootings regardless of body count. I expect this not to be worth covering within 2-4 days because the public really doesn't want to do anything about it.
    There is nothing you really can do about it though.. The gun he used was already illegal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is 'okay' with it. It's also not something easily solved, either. There isn't a law that can be passed that can just 'fix' this.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

A person with an illegal firearm illegally murdering people isn't going to be prevented by banning weapons. The same way concert bombings aren't going to be stopped by banning bombs in the UK.

How can you ban a weapon that is already banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Trump doesn't seem to have made a statement yet. Is he waiting to find out the ethnicity of the shooter and victims before he decides what he thinks?
    It's around 6 AM in Washington. Old man is asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Would be a first for him if it happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Oh it's just a mass shooting then. Thank god it's not a terrorist attack.

P.S. don't take away my guns
    What does the name matter?

Mass shooting or Terrorism, people still died, does it being called a terror attack make that better or worse? Does it matter at all?