Artifact weapons next expansion (transmog related)

I guess we will lose our current Artifacts in the next expansion, any ideas what happens when we go back to previous expansion (Legion) and want to farm Artifact skins?
    I personally haven't farmed any skins yet, don't play much, but I wonder if I will be able to do so if I ever want to at a later date.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    I guess we will lose our current Artifacts in the next expansion, any ideas what happens when we go back to previous expansion (Legion) and want to farm Artifact skins?
    I personally haven't farmed any skins yet, don't play much, but I wonder if I will be able to do so if I ever want to at a later date.
    I think all skins will still be obtainable.
    Except maybe the PvP prestige related ones.

Edit : These PvP prestige skins will probably be buyable with Mark of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    What we know:
    - Artifact appearances collected will be available for Transmog.
    - Some apperances will not be obtainable anymore
    - Among those that won't be obtainable, the only ones we know for sure are the Mage Tower Challenge ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Daille View Post
    I think all skins will still be obtainable.
    Except maybe the PvP prestige related ones.

Edit : These PvP prestige skins will probably be buyable with Mark of Honor.
    I hope so, but I can see that being a major insult to someone who farmed the prestige for the skin... its a grind, not sure what is required for skins - but, getting 50 over and over is a major time sink imo

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What we know:
    - Among those that won't be obtainable, the only ones we know for sure are the Mage Tower Challenge ones.
    A dev (I believe it was Watcher?) mentioned the Mythic 15 artifact skin with the Challenge appearances as well in the interview that was brought up in.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    A dev (I believe it was Watcher?) mentioned the Mythic 15 artifact skin with the Challenge appearances as well in the interview that was brought up in.
    Yes, you are right, I forgot about that.

Pretty sure we will be able to get the prestige appearances after Legion. No way in hell people will need to level up to prestige 15 on multiple characters before Legion ends.

Gonna have to see which mage tower quests appearances I should get on my alts before it's too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who wants them anyways? Most of them are quite ugly :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    What we know:
    yep, this is all that we know. everyones guess is on the same playing field right now.

Everyone seems worried about the PvP ones. what i think they will do: the highest prestige level you have achieved on your account will unlock the appearances for every spec at the END of the expansion.
    (that would make sense. everyone gets their mogs and are happy. i dont know if theyd do it earlier, because the honor talents/gold/artefact power are still a thing to get on seperate specs/classes.)

7+ Year Old Account
    Meh. I'm going to go get em when bored but...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=18608/benediction

Or if MH OH ( which was nearly always superior, over staves...

http://www.wowhead.com/item=21523/fang-of-korialstrasz

http://www.wowhead.com/item=2944

For life, maybe... http://www.wowhead.com/item=28771/lights-justice

Quote Originally Posted by digichi View Post
    yep, this is all that we know. everyones guess is on the same playing field right now.

Everyone seems worried about the PvP ones. what i think they will do: the highest prestige level you have achieved on your account will unlock the appearances for every spec at the END of the expansion.
    (that would make sense. everyone gets their mogs and are happy. i dont know if theyd do it earlier, because the honor talents/gold/artefact power are still a thing to get on seperate specs/classes.)
    Another possibility is that you can buy them with Marks of Honor, but they'll only be available if you achieve a certain prestige level (unless they changed their plans, they said Prestige will be reset for each new expansion).