Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Mexico has some of the strctist gun control laws, how's that working out?
    Really bad as one of their neighbouring countries has fairly lax controls.

50 dead and 500+ injured. Holy shit I just took a nap and the numbers exploded.

Too soon for any info on the motive?

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    There are laws to try to curb that kind of behavior too.
    I know, but police cant be everywhere all the time. And since people cant be trusted to do once task, DRIVE, we have overly cautious speed limits.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Then your choice is a stupid one.
    It isn't "my choice", it is what the situation is. And the point of this is that there is always a way were "unhealthy" food still is very healthy.

I don't need guns, I want them. I also want the bag of chips in my cupboard, and the car that is capable of exceeding the speed limit. I don't need any of those things, but I want them.
    And why would you want something that is designed to harm people when your one golden rule is "do not harm others"? Even if you are not the one that is causing harm with them, you must realize that you are not the only one who has this. Its the same as with the nuclear weapon, of course its best to have none of them, but the fewer there are of these things the less risk there is of one being used.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Well first, I just said "dangerous items", and you went on to talk about Cheerleading and exercise. Remember, be consistent.

And secondly, I believe the government should pro-actively support the general welfare of society. So yeah, I'm fine with regulations on auto travel (there's already a ton) and food-based regulation as well, to an extent. I also think firearm ownership should be legal - but it needs to be regulated.
    Those are things (nouns), so I feel justified in including them. In fact, in the the line you quoted, I said "things."

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Too soon for any info on the motive?
    Nothing in the guy's home or hotel room to give insight for a motive.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Do you need a semi-automatic weapon for sport?

Same rules as automatic: only used for killing people.
    i mean .. for duck hunting (in Canada) i do use a semi-automatic shotgun, and I could also use the same shot gun for deer hunting with a buck shot, and for partridge (small bird) / rabbit...

fwiw - i do not hunt for sport but for meat

So if he killed 50 and wounded 400 that means he probably fired at least 500 shots right (That's assuming he only missed 1 in 10 shots)? How long was he doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    It isn't "my choice", it is what the situation is. And the point of this is that there is always a way were "unhealthy" food still is very healthy.

And why would you want something that is designed to harm people when your one golden rule is "do not harm others"? Even if you are not the one that is causing harm with them, you must realize that you are not the only one who has this. Its the same as with the nuclear weapon, of course its best to have none of them, but the fewer there are of these things the less risk there is of one being used.
    You are the one who created the choice with the stupid situation. "Do you drink soda, or do you die..."

My rule is that people should be free to do what they want, so long as they do not harm others. You seem to forget the totality of it.

If someone wants something, and doesn't harm others... great.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Is it really madness? Are you saying there zero home invasions?
    Im saying that i'd run in any home invasion, but a home invasion with a gun where i live is pretty much unheard off unless its a criminals trying to off each other. But robbing a home with a gun? I would say that number is very close if not zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    So if he killed 50 and wounded 400 that means he probably fired at least 500 shots right (That's assuming he only missed 1 in 10 shots)? How long was he doing this?
    I thought I read they were going for over 5 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    Mexico has some of the strctist gun control laws, how's that working out?
    Are you fucking serious you really comparing Mexico and their economic issues with that of social issues really. Yeah well Australia doesn't have any fucking guns and it works out swell. Of course the entirely depends on who you ask.

So are we really going to ask stupid questions or do you simply not know the History of Mexico because if not that seems to fit how well you understand this one specifically concerning militias.

The authors of the constitution weren't new. They also spoke very clearly and not double speak. The passage about well regulated militias was along with the rest of the thoughts in the same lines about informed citizenry.

You know that thing about the country intended to be a republic realized through a democracy. That the responsibility of this government would never be left up to Kings or Stuart's. But free men and women also obligated to defending it. Not only with just guns but words. You know freedom of speech before it the right to assemble and redress.

They didn't then go fuck it just arm everyone.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    Im saying that i'd run in any home invasion, but a home invasion with a gun where i live is pretty much unheard off unless its a criminals trying to off each other. But robbing a home with a gun? I would say that number is very close if not zero.
    What about children, are they supposed to outrun the home invader, when they may be asleep in their bed?

It's good to see you live in a place where nobody is hurt in home invasions, I want to see such a country.

Quote Originally Posted by Pottersan View Post
    I thought I read they were going for over 5 minutes.
    No way he pick off that many people that quickly.

The news said "They don't suspect terrorism".

The people in those videos looked terrified to me.

Las Vegas Gun Show open on Saturday and Sundays

I'm thinking it's time we license guns. The Second Amendment and licensing are not mutually exclusive.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

So the guy was white, does that mean, not terrorist and just mentally unstable?

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    So the guy was white, does that mean, not terrorist and just mentally unstable?
    "Lone-wolf"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are the one who created the choice with the stupid situation. "Do you drink soda, or do you die...
    Yea no, im the one proving with this that an unhealthy drink can be very healthy in the right situation.

My rule is that people should be free to do what they want, so long as they do not harm others. You seem to forget the totality of it.

If someone wants something, and doesn't harm others... great.
    I do see the totality of it, and that is what scares me, you seem to think that no one will abuse this system of not harming each other. Having a nuclear bomb can do some serious harm to others, this system can not work, so we do need to protect people from others. I'll gladly would give up any sort of "right" i would have to a nuclear bomb if that means that no others could have them either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    No way he pick off that many people that quickly.
    Image that many people running around. A lot of injuries and maybe even deaths from getting trampled.

Deleted
    At least 50 people have been killed and more than 400 injured at a country music festival in Las Vegas, in the worst mass shooting in US history. Two police officers, including one who was an off-duty member of the Las Vegas police department, are among the dead.

The shooter was named by police as Stephen Paddock, 64. Police say they believe he killed himself before officers raided his his room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay hotel, from where he fired multiple rounds at concertgoers at the Route 91 harvest country music festival.

Police found at least 10 guns in Paddock’s room. He had been staying in the room since 28 September.

Paddock was described as a “lone wolf” with no known links to terrorist groups. His motives are unknown and he had no police record. A spokesman for the US Department of Homeland Security says there is no information to indicate a “specific credible threat” to other public venues.

Police have found Paddock’s “companion”, Marilou Danley. They said she was out of the country and has been questioned by the police.

Paddock’s house in Mesquite, Nevada is being searched. His two vehicles have been found. Public records listed previous addresses for Paddock in Texas and California, as well as a 2010 licence to hunt and fish in Alaska.

Donald Trump tweeted his condolences and sympathies. His planned trip to hurricane-hit Puerto Rico has been delayed.

Jason Aldean, the country music star who was performing as the shooting took place, described the scene as “beyond horrific”. He said he and his crew were safe, but added: “It hurts my heart that this would happen to anyone who was just coming out to enjoy what should have been a fun night.”

Concertgoers reported seeing muzzle flashes from the upper floors of the Mandalay Bay hotel and several videos of the aftermath show hundreds of people fleeing in panic as shots continued. Around 22,000 people were attending the concert when Paddock opened fire.

Some flights have resumed at the city’s McCarran international airport after all planes were temporarily grounded on Sunday evening.

the police have found nothing to suggest a motive for Paddock’s attack.
    Asked whether investigators had found anything to suggest a motive, the sheriff said: “We have not located any items within the room or his house [that would indicate motive].”

Weird these mentalists usually leave a note.