Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ. That is horrifying.

Don't we need to find out the shooter's ethnicity and/or religion before we make that determination?
    The investigation might find intent, probably when going through his home.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Las Vegas shooter, 64, was licensed pilot and hunting enthusiast with no criminal record who owned a $400,000 home in nearby retirement community

DailyMail which is rarely accurate but we'll see.
    Lines up with some other articles I saw. Very little known about him so far though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exeris View Post
    The investigation might find intent, probably when going through his home.
    yes as time passes we will know more information about it. gun stores don't sell automatic weapons unless you have authorization to purchase automatic weapons.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe he had no motive besides he just enjoyed the idea of killing people.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    the shooter shot himself before the cops got to him. he was on the 32 floor above shooting down at the crowd and by the way he got the automatic weapons illegal through criminal network.
    How we know that for sure? I would not be surprised however. And from the video, he was using a fully automatic weapon. Not your standard semi-auto AR15.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Forgive me for being insensitive but this kind of things is happening so often I seriously read it on the news and just scrolled to the next thing.

Republicans refuse to be anti-gun anything even mental insanity...so pretty much expect this to happen monthly / yearly /shrug
    Well he did beat the Pulse shooting by one to become the deadliest mass shooting in US history.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I just told you that I'm fine with regulating dangerous things/items, within reason. What isn't consistent about that?
    He'll probably bring up something about knives and cars.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he did beat the Pulse shooting by one to become the deadliest mass shooting in US history.
    I'm guessing the death count will go up still.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus fucking Christ. That is horrifying.

Don't we need to find out the shooter's ethnicity and/or religion before we make that determination?
    Indeed this is horrifying but why the need to insult Jesus Christ? Pretty sure he had nothing to do with it. That said, my prayers are with all the victims and their families. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy.

useful ideas please
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. I am hating the stupidity going on about this. People calling it a terrorist attack already and people calling white privilege when it's not. What is a terrorist attack? It's motivated by an ideology or political statement to strike terror into citizens. Well what was this guy's motives? We don't know. We'll why was he killing them? We don't know. Hmm sound like white privilege is holding back that this is clearly a terrorist attack since he clearly called out "Heil Hitler and trump" before shooting into a country concert, since we all know that country is all stereotyped to Jews and immigrants. Do you see what I did here? We know nothing on why. If he turns out to have an agenda then he would be a terrorist like Timothy McVey that white bomber that most dumbasses have forgotten about

Deleted
    Private citizens with assualt weapons. I'm fucking speachless. Why do people want a society like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    How we know that for sure? I would not be surprised however. And from the video, he was using a fully automatic weapon. Not your standard semi-auto AR15.
    Yep I thought the same thing couldn't be sure. It sounds like it was not a legally acquired gun. But if he had $400.000. He could buy one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauronxyz View Post
    Indeed this is horrifying but why the need to insult Jesus Christ? Pretty sure he had nothing to do with it.
    Let's let the courts make that decision.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Private citizens with assualt weapons. I'm fucking speachless. Why do people want a society like that.
    If I didn't have this gun, the King of England could just walk in here any time he wants and start shoving you around.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The news says he had about 10 rifles with him. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Isis have already claimed responsibility for the massacre.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7978941.html
    Seems unlikely but time will tell.
    Pffft, they wish. Bunch of has-beens.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    It isn't "my choice", it is what the situation is. And the point of this is that there is always a way were "unhealthy" food still is very healthy.

And why would you want something that is designed to harm people when your one golden rule is "do not harm others"? Even if you are not the one that is causing harm with them, you must realize that you are not the only one who has this. Its the same as with the nuclear weapon, of course its best to have none of them, but the fewer there are of these things the less risk there is of one being used.
    See, the problem with this stance is that there are already WAY too many guns in illegal trade, making heavy restrictions pointless now. This guy had a belt fed automatic weapon, which is easy to determine based on the sounds in the video. You cant just go to the gun store and buy that, you cant even buy that shit at a gun show, that type of fire power is only obtainable to individuals with class 3 weapons buy and dealing licenses. Those people are government defense contractors, private security firms, and other militarized groups (legal groups). You cant just get that license, and the whole process costs like 20k per license or some shit, its not issued to Joe Shmoe. This dude likely illegally purchased this from an arms dealer, and his multitude of other guns, and did what he wanted, no amount of regulation is going to stop that.

However, i do agree with "common sense laws" like we have here in MA, background checks, wait periods, etc... But at this point we cant simply get rid of them, people will always have a way to purchase them now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Isis have already claimed responsibility for the massacre.
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7978941.html
    Seems unlikely but time will tell.
    Probably a false claim. There was also some post earlier on in the thread that said Antifa was taking credit for it, which is also most likely false.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep I thought the same thing couldn't be sure. It sounds like it was not a legally acquired gun. But if he had $400.000. He could buy one.
    Well we will have to wait and see, but isn't it still legal to own and even trade pre-ban automatic guns? Though they'd be 30+ years old at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    useful ideas please
    This, much more of this.