how did you know im drinking?
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    We already do that in some cities in TX. Ft Worth comes to mind. We have a mandatory maximum sentence for any criminal committing any crime with a fire arm. About two years ago, the law came under fire because some guy was stopped for Jay Walking. He had a gun on him and it set off this crazy debate about "which crimes" should count.
    Pretty easy: Was said crime violent or threatening in nature?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You can bet there will be hot debate about which side he was on, so that the other camp can reap points from this for opposing him.
    It will be apparent eventually but will people pay attention is the real question...'

Like that guy who shot the black marine in a racist shooting and the news media labeled him a racist trump supporter... Untill screenshots of his facebook came out.... With posts saying back 2 years about how trump was gonna be the end of america and how he was a Staunch Bernie Supporter with pictures of him at a Bernie Rally shaking his hand and other posts where he called Hillary the devil and voted for the independent candidate in the election.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    We already do that in some cities in TX. Ft Worth comes to mind. We have a mandatory maximum sentence for any criminal committing any crime with a fire arm. About two years ago, the law came under fire because some guy was stopped for Jay Walking. He had a gun on him and it set off this crazy debate about "which crimes" should count.
    Well, clearly some guidelines need to be made clear what is a crime with a firearm. Getting caught with one jaywalking or speeding should not be one. :P Armed robbery, home invasion or kidnapping would.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Why the hell can anyone buy anything illegally?
    You can buy them legally. Add in a drum magazine, and you have the equivalent of a belt fed machine gun.

I'm one of the most vocal gun right supporters on this forum, but, there is absolutely no reason anyone needs to be able to legally purchase something like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Oh boy, another Trump supporter runs crying into the forum and wishes bad things upon the opposite political party. How is this tragedy about Trump? The historical president for domestic terror in recent years has been foreign or right-wing. Wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to know anything about history though.

Sadly I'm not surprised by this pathetic reaction at this point.
    Oh shut up. If that asshole had a Trump hat in his vehicle, you and a bunch of other people that talk about waiting for facts would be spamming Nazi over this.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by static28 View Post
    Now is probably a good time to reform how easy it is to get guns. I'm not saying take away everyones rights, but if you have any type of mental issue, then maybe you really shouldn't be able to get one. Sure, making everyone go through that type of evaluation would make the process take longer, but there really needs to be a safeguard in place.
    I've stated this a few times now, but ill state it again. This guy had a belt fed, fully automatic weapon system, you cant buy those, you need a class 3 license, which is only obtainable by entities such as defense contractors, and private security firms. This type of system is not for sale at the local store, this dude went it about this either:

1) Buying from a weapons dealer
    2) Supplied to him from a terrorist group/cartel
    3) Government conspiracy to take away citizens rights

Who knows, just remember you cant buy this shit legally, so try and see between the lines of bullshit thats being said by both sides.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    You can buy them legally. Add in a drum magazine, and you have the equivalent of a belt fed machine gun.

I'm one of the most vocal gun right supporters on this forum, but, there is absolutely no reason anyone needs to be able to legally purchase something like this.
    You cant buy belt fed automatic weapon systems legally

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post

Well, I agree then. No one should be able to buy those legally. And I know you are a pro gun rights poster. My apologies.

I will be surprised if this guy wasn't a leftist targeting what he viewed as right-wingers because they were attending a country concert. The left has always ended up resorting to violence (Che, Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Castro, etc.). Just like the Scalise shooter.

infracted - trolling
    It's "should have" and "could have." When a native English speaker uses of in place of have, he or she looks ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post
    I will be surprised if this guy wasn't a leftist targeting what he viewed as right-wingers because they were attending a country concert. The left has always ended up resorting to violence (Che, Mao, Hitler, Stalin, Castro, etc.). Just like the Scalise shooter.

infracted - trolling
    I don't know of too many leftists who own automatic weapons. Sure, that's possible, but that doesn't seem like the most likely scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzhoof View Post

infracted - trolling
    Could you just not.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Something worked in my extremely small, homogeneous country cut off from other countries via a physical land boarder, let me tell you why this same thing will happen in your country that is rampant with crime, and has a country on its southern boarder that is on the verge of collapse due to drug cartels.

See, works both ways
    It's not just Australia, the US is pretty much unique in terms of gun homicide rate among its peers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    No, the most possible freedom is attained when a government exists, and only restricts actions which cause harm. Anarchy is actually less freedom, but the restriction comes from individuals, not the government.
    So there can't be freedom to cause harm? Maximum freedom isn't complete freedom? Surprise, surprise, freedom as an absolute is a myth.

In my scenario you have a weapon to enforce your freedom against individuals. You are free to do whatever you want. For as long as you survive.

Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    Oh boy, another Trump supporter runs crying into the forum and wishes bad things upon the opposite political party. How is this tragedy about Trump? The historical president for domestic terror in recent years has been foreign or right-wing. Wouldn't expect a Trump supporter to know anything about history though.

Sadly I'm not surprised by this pathetic reaction at this point.
    I think what he means is it was a country music festival which means mostly republicans who were shot/killed given the prevalence of Country Music being southern..... If it was a Little Wayne concert we would have blamed the republicans.

The facts will come out though and if this is some guy with antifa posts all over his facebook or something I hope the correct people get blamed. But Most likely not politically motivated untill we know otherwise.

we gotta give jesus more credit jesus could see the shadows within the shotters soul for sure jesus saw this comeing from 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999 light years away

infracted - minor spam
    Last edited by Crissi; 2017-10-02 at 02:53 PM.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    So there can't be freedom to cause harm? Maximum freedom isn't complete freedom? Surprise, surprise, freedom as an absolute is a myth.

In my scenario you have a weapon to enforce your freedom against individuals. You are free to do whatever you want. For as long as you survive.
    Like I have been saying...

People should be free to do what they want, so long as it does not harm others.

I do not believe in absolute freedom, because I understand ti is quite literally impossible so long as two or more people exist.

If you want a weapon, get a weapon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Oh shut up. If that asshole had a Trump hat in his vehicle, you and a bunch of other people that talk about waiting for facts would be spamming Nazi over this.
    Except there wasn't. He also didn't have anything to assume he's left-wing. So why is pathetic, vitriolic hatred being spewed against left-wing individuals? Historical precedent certainly doesn't support it.

So why are people's panties in a bunch screaming about the left wing? Tell me, I'm interested, clearly you must have some idea gauging your reaction, or you wouldn't have have spoken in the first place. Enlighten us, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I have to say that would be highly suggestive evidence. Nobody who isn't a zealot would pay - what was it, $20 for a shitty hat?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post

Have you ever seen any post apocalyptic movies? Because that's pretty much what happens when everyone's freedom equals the firepower they carry.

i think the shooter hates jesus about now