Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mac'Aree ain't that bad but Krokuun and Antoran Wastes are some of the worst zones in the game. I would've liked Mac'Aree a lot more if there was any content around and inside that huge temple, as of now its a couple of WQ's and an invasion point nearby. I hate how all mobs are scattered around who's purpose is just to annoy everyone trying to navigate around the place, its bad enough that the actual terraining is done so badly. Antoran Wastes doesn't even have a story going, its just going to Illidans/Alleria's hubs and then its all WQ's.

Its not the worst patch but they really made a lot of poor design choices that brings this patch down so much, which basically also applies to Legion as a whole. Makes me wonder if Blizzard will learn from their mistakes in the next expansion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miatog View Post
    This. I have never missed flying as much as I do on Argus. My excitement of being on Argus died in about an hour. It's a pain to navigate, there are way too many mobs, and I can't take any time to explore. If I even think of exploring I get swarmed and die. If I had flying I could easily explore around and actually enjoy the place.
    I don't even go to the northern parts of the first 2 areas because of it. I could stealth but nah, takes too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Let's say there are 300k players who sell/buy a token every month just for the subscription (150k who buy a token + their sub with real money and 150k who use gold to buy GT) - Blizzard would need 350k players with the old subscription system to maintain the same income. And for some reason I believe the amount of people who just buy/sell tokens to get shit in other games and waste it on ingame goldsinks is way larger which means that Blizzard is getting revenue pretty much out of thin air. The idea that profit is in direct and linear correlation with the active subscriber base is pretty much outdated. I'm sure you as the posterboy/girl for Blizzard fanbase have already contributed your fair share to make sure WoW can bleed even more players without losing any of its profit.

If you don't believe financial success is of any value (lul), there's the critical acclaim.

Or you can continue singing the same retarded song that's been sung ever since the dawn of this game. People didn't believe the health of the game was gauged by sub numbers either and had all manners of excuses, just like you, for why that was.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixark View Post
    I really enjoy Argus just because there's so much stuff to actually do. I can go do invasions or kill rares and get chests with guildies. I'm having fun.
    You said 'so much' but you just listed everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    Tanaan made me worried about getting burned out on Lime green fire and grey rocks. It's the legion's thing. I HATED Shadowmoon Valley in TBC because of that palette. I think they've done an okay job adding in some void areas and Mac'Aree is just awesome. I like Argus, I think it looks fine but I won't be sorry to move past it.

Side note: who else absolutely loves the new void texture that looks like a moving star field?
    Me! I hope we'll see more of that stuff for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So I tried to give this zone or map a fair shot, but find my self hating to go to it now. Open the map to figure out which dailies I want (seeing how its the best way to level Artifact-Level) and I cringe .. The map is just not fun at all .. I miss the old vanilla maps they where so much fun ..

You?
    oh is one of this thread again ...

Argus is great and patch 7.3 is one of the patch patches I've ever seen them put out.

Antoran Wastes is truly terrible terrain. Constant backtracking with the giant gorge in the middle of the zone. If they added a bunch of grapple points it would be infinitely better without flying. They added grapple spots to Broken Shore and it got flying so I can't imagine why it's such a reach for them to do it on Argus too.

All the zones have mobs that will aggro you on the road, making it super annoying to travel anywhere close to your destination. This sucks if you aren't in tank spec or using the anti-daze leatherworking item.

"Annoying" is really the common theme in Argus. I avoid it as much as possible.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    good old pandaria
    Pandaria was packed with features all across the landscape.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pandaria was packed with features all across the landscape.
    Right? I don't get why Pandaria gets such hate sometimes. It was easily the most content packed and to me the best expansion of the game. Innovations, changing landscapes, good story. Raids were very good with ToT being the best of that crop, sure SoO got tiresome but that's not the expansion's fault, that's poor planning by blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Boraal View Post
    Right? I don't get why Pandaria gets such hate sometimes. It was easily the most content packed and to me the best expansion of the game. Innovations, changing landscapes, good story. Raids were very good with ToT being the best of that crop, sure SoO got tiresome but that's not the expansion's fault, that's poor planning by blizzard.
    There's a reason for why MoP was their inspiration for content pacing and delivery, and not WOTLK, TBC, Cata, WOD or Classic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    The crux of the problem is that in Vanilla/TBC and early WotLK zones the roads were created then terrain was placed around the roads. Post flight it's the other way round which only really works if you can fly, otherwise it causes nightmares like pre-flight WoD/Legion.

It doesn't help either that most of Argus is yet more boring green fire, it's like Tanaan without plants. Mcafee is a welcome change but it's still aids to navigate with mobs everywhere looking to dismount you unless you have a class hall talent.
    Barding. Leatherworkers have been able to create it ALL EXPANSION LONG. It makes you immune to daze-dismounts for 2 hours. Try using it instead of complaining about being dismounted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    So I tried to give this zone or map a fair shot, but find my self hating to go to it now. Open the map to figure out which dailies I want (seeing how its the best way to level Artifact-Level) and I cringe .. The map is just not fun at all .. I miss the old vanilla maps they where so much fun ..

You?
    Nope. Love it.

What is it about the old vanilla maps that you like more? I mean, awful open spaces with maybe the occasional hyena or spider? Yeah no thanks.

I'm loving argus. Running around doing world quests and invasions, and going off on tangents to get chests/kill rares. There is usually something to do there, and it is very rewarding with veiled argunite and artifact power.

I've done the quest line on two of my characters, can't bring myself to do it on any others because it is just so tedious to get around on anyone but my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If you don't believe financial success is of any value (lul), there's the critical acclaim.

Or you can continue singing the same retarded song that's been sung ever since the dawn of this game. People didn't believe the health of the game was gauged by sub numbers either and had all manners of excuses, just like you, for why that was.
    Your reading comprehension is amazing. I never said that financial success is not of any value, quite the opposite - I also pointed out that with the new token system Blizzard can maintain better income with less subscribers than they had before which in turn means that financial success and the number of active playerbase is not in such direct correlation like it used to be (contrary to what you claimed). Pretty much 99% of your posts literally reek of cringe blinded fanboyism.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I'd be fine with it if it had flying.
    ditto, this would make it ok for me 2.. add in some fel cannons and stuff to make flying a dynamic thing and its total win.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Your reading comprehension is amazing. I never said that financial success is not of any value, quite the opposite - I also pointed out that with the new token system Blizzard can maintain better income with less subscribers than they had before which in turn means that financial success and the number of active playerbase is not in such direct correlation like it used to be (contrary to what you claimed). Pretty much 99% of your posts literally reek of cringe blinded fanboyism.
    I'd say what your posts reek of, but unlike you I'm not quite so eager to gain an infraction.

What I said still stands in regards to the song you're singing vs metrics to gauge the health of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Barding. Leatherworkers have been able to create it ALL EXPANSION LONG. It makes you immune to daze-dismounts for 2 hours. Try using it instead of complaining about being dismounted.
    But if they use the Barding, they'll have one less thing to complain about...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serath View Post
    Tanaan made me worried about getting burned out on Lime green fire and grey rocks. It's the legion's thing. I HATED Shadowmoon Valley in TBC because of that palette. I think they've done an okay job adding in some void areas and Mac'Aree is just awesome. I like Argus, I think it looks fine but I won't be sorry to move past it.

Side note: who else absolutely loves the new void texture that looks like a moving star field?
    ^^^^^^ same sentiments. the dark palettes get tiring after a whiiiiiiiiiiiiile... MacAree is so yellow and alien tho so it spices things up.

and i think we're gonna see a lot more of those snazzy starry void textures
    (next expac)
    (hopefully)
    (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Nope. Love it.

What is it about the old vanilla maps that you like more? I mean, awful open spaces with maybe the occasional hyena or spider? Yeah no thanks.
    It's also quite ironic how we often used to have threads with people lamenting the "dangerous world of Classic!"... So which was it? Relaxing and easy to navigate, or the epitome of dangerous zone design?