Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatoshi View Post
    11% haste. GG, go mithic.
    Spit my water out when I noticed that. ilvl =/= good gear for like 90% of the classes. Secondary stats are just WAY too important for most specs.

You can have 940 ilvl, but if you have all the wrong stats, you'll do about as much damage as someone who is 20-30ilvls lower than you with the right stats.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Honestly the older content got so obsolete with these extreme catch up mechanics, it actually makes the game feel a lot smaller. This used to be so different when there was a longer progression path that lasted trough the whole expansion span. Thats why older expansions never got boring so fast.
    Ya cus having to do kara for 10 weeks was fun

Catch up procedure working as intended?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    Spit my water out when I noticed that. ilvl =/= good gear for like 90% of the classes. Secondary stats are just WAY too important for most specs.

You can have 940 ilvl, but if you have all the wrong stats, you'll do about as much damage as someone who is 20-30ilvls lower than you with the right stats.
    That's why rings/necks with the right stats are important.
    That 11% can go to 20+ with correct rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I think his point is that getting 'high' ilevel is quite quick. Good to know for new or returning players.

But naturally insecure people on the forum will take this as some form of pissing contest.
    Issue is this doesn't take into account how much time the "main" toon spent in Argus to get all those BoA tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    That's why rings/necks with the right stats are important.
    That 11% can go to 20+ with correct rings.
    And Ret is going to be painful with that little haste.

However, this takes a LOT more than five minutes to do. How long did it take you to obtain all the tokens needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Issue is this doesn't take into account how much time the "main" toon spent in Argus to get all those BoA tokens.

And Ret is going to be painful with that little haste.
    It's also 5 minutes into 110.
    It's going to be a lot less painful than having 780 il.

Omg no wonder I don't get invited on my 800 ilvl main when nolifers like you have such high ilvl while i have 7 kids and 5 wives to feed, i could easily clear mythic if i only was invited to those elitist 940+ ilvl groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Nobody is stopping you to play Elemental casually during questing or raiding #1000 with your disabled mage friends.

Grats. Still vastly behind in legendaries and tier sets though. There are a lot of 930s who got their ilvl from 800 in like 3 weeks but do terrible damage due to terrible itemization and shit leggos/no tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    However, this takes a LOT more than five minutes to do. How long did it take you to obtain all the tokens needed?
    Unless you specifically farm for the tokens, it doesn't take any time at all. Those tokens are simply a bonus from your regular play. If you're using alts to get as many possible rare kills, emissaries and rep tokens, you'll be swimming in tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    to gather these BoA tokens, you had to play the game. that time got transferred from your main(s) to that char. you could send 1.000.000 gold to a low char and he would be rich in an instant. same logic.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Cool, now you can do LFR and tell everyone you beat the game.
    Or that they are a "Raider"

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I actually rolled a Demon Hunter to 110 last weekend because i had 15 or so of those leather tokens and i didnt have any chars that needed them. I hadnt played a L110 DH since early beta. He was about 880ish ten mins or so after hitting level 110. Then I played the char for maybe two hours and deleted him. Havok was interesting, but Vengeance felt terribad compared to my other tanks.

ret with 11% haste is going to be awful to play

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    To be fair ret feels awful to play anytime Crusader isnt up, regardless of haste levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    Posting this just in case someone is wondering things about instant ilvl on new alts and such with boa tokens and whatnot!
    Got unlucky with the relics and missed one :/ (so I'm just wearing 2 of them atm), could have gone 890+ otherwise

BoA tokens <333
    do you want a medal for having old gear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dmerriam005 View Post
    ret is dead
    prot is where the fun is
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

The catchup mechanics are pretty strong now. I was puttering around with a mage and got them to 110 and with the random stuff I had from argus and nethershard stuff was really pretty painless getting them up and running. Relics are still kinda the sticking point argus makes that easier but it still is the hardest slot for a fresh 110 to get up to speed compared to everything else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pansertjald View Post
    You have allways been able to do that. the longer the XP has been running, so whats new about that to make a thread about it?
    Not "Always" only after welfare expansions of recent.

inb4 notif spam
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

It doesn't matter whether you view that as something positive or not. 886 ilvl is the same now as it was getting 800 ilvl back in legion launch. Now, try to get 935 ilvl in an hour, then we got something to discuss.

Also, with such shit itemisation you will most likely pull 200k dps, no more than what a properly geared 840 ilvl did back in launch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I think his point is that getting 'high' ilevel is quite quick. Good to know for new or returning players.

But naturally insecure people on the forum will take this as some form of pissing contest.
    new or returning players dont have access to this method, it's only for alts.