Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Per CNN

It's not definitive, mostly because police aren't giving out information. I'm sure police by now, know exactly what weapon was used and how it was modded if it was.
    Are they saying it live, because I didn't get it in any of their articles. I'll keep looking, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Vegas has been so fucking tacky whenever I've been there. It's like the worst of everything.
    Its like some frat-boy power fantasy come to life. I always pass through quick as I can, which is 9pmh faster than the speed limit or whatever traffic allows.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    You will have to explain this one for me. What do silencers have to do with this shooting other than people making poorly informed comments. Also, shown video of what? This shooting or silencers?
    It's a concert. Even with silencers not being as effective as people think, it's still very possible the concert itself would drown most of the sound out, which who knows how many people could have been killed then.

Also, there's literally no reason anyone needs a silencer.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I think France would like to disagree, but I get your point.

Not really much we can do though, even with regulation unless you instituted a full gun ban things like this would still happen... Though obviously much less frequently. Personally I would like to see some kind of permit system, along with backgrounds checks for EVERYONE.
    Anything to help decrease it in my opinion would be a plus honestly.

Yeah, France is a good example of "it could still happen", but it is with far less frequency it seems at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    More Americans have died from guns in the United States since 1968 than on battlefields of all the wars in American history

Jus sayin'

In 2015 there was around 35,000 Motor vehicle deaths in U.S. That number is actually lower than some of the previous years. Around 800 homicides in Chicago in 2016 (Just mentioning some stats from what the poster you quoted brought up)

Deleted
    I think France would like to disagree, but I get your point.

Not really much we can do though, even with regulation unless you instituted a full gun ban things like this would still happen... Though obviously much less frequently. Personally I would like to see some kind of permit system, along with backgrounds checks for EVERYONE.

I don't know. The question of what to do doesn't really have an easy answer, especially not an answer as easy as people would like it to be.
    You're welcome to list the number of mass shootings in the EU within 10 years and compare with USA...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've talked to my representatives about it, either by calling/writing in or at local talks some have given. It's not an issue that I have tons of time to dedicate to, but it's an issue I've repeatedly made my voice heard to my elected representatives about.

I'm more mocking the fact that the most that the US government has been able to do to address the repeated mass-shootings is offer condolences to the families of the victims and prayers, as if they actually do anything. Not really any meaningful or substantive action to try to address the problem and prevent them from occurring again.
    The problem is what would actually happen if they tried to straight up ban guns, is trying to take all the gun nuts' guns away forcefully the safest thing? Maybe in the long run but I don't know if any current politician wants to be the one to deal with that. I'm definitely closer to the "ban guns" side just for the record, hard to argue with statistics.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I can see this thread is officially reaching it's inevitable end...

The sad reality is the world knows that this incident isn't going to change anything whatsoever in America
    Yeah but

Cars
    Trucks
    Knives
    Rabbits

All kill people!!!

"Sure, this seems like the deadliest mass shooting in American history right now. But give it time." - Anthony Jeselnik. Dark joke he made after the Orlando shooting. Rings true and will for the foreseeable future in the States.
    May 30th, 2019 - Trump admits Russia helped him get elected.

An elected Republican called for biblical law to be implemented and for all non-christians to be murdered. But it's sharia law we should be scared about right?

Republicans ran an actual Nazi for office in 2018 and he got nearly 1/3rd of the votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Yep. After Sandy Hook you 100% knew nothing will ever change.
    Take away guns and

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-26402367 is what your gonna get... Bad people will do bad things regardless... As I said before Gun laws havn't worked in chicago whose crime rate involving guns have only risen in the wake of the harshest gun laws in the nation... Makes it alot less scary to go rob a store when you know that your gonna be the only one with a gun and the cashier is just gonna have to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    It's a concert. Even with silencers not being as effective as people think, it's still very possible the concert itself would drown most of the sound out, which who knows how many people could have been killed then.

Also, there's literally no reason anyone needs a silencer.
    Dog hearing protection. Your own hearing protection (even when wearing noise dampeners, it's not 100% effective).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've talked to my representatives about it, either by calling/writing in or at local talks some have given. It's not an issue that I have tons of time to dedicate to, but it's an issue I've repeatedly made my voice heard to my elected representatives about.

I'm more mocking the fact that the most that the US government has been able to do to address the repeated mass-shootings is offer condolences to the families of the victims and prayers, as if they actually do anything. Not really any meaningful or substantive action to try to address the problem and prevent them from occurring again.
    Its not an issue politicians want to address because voter registration doesnt have a check box for firearm owner. This means Politicians dont know if their constituents are gun owners or not. So they speak tough when there is a shooting and then do nothing when the headlines are gone. Liberals are very much gun owners as conservative and they all share the same fears and concerns when it comes to gun control. When politicians are tasked with doing what is right and maintaining power, well...they chose the power.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Yeah but

Cars
    Trucks
    Knives
    Rabbits

All kill people!!!
    Is this sarcasm because I can't tell anymore

Well, America seems to be fundamentally going to some serious growing pains. I don't believe it's destined for doom, but my gosh are we having a hard time transitioning to the 21'st century. I'll do what I can in my life to help it along, but I can only hope others do as well in there communities.

Every single person in the world who is not stupid know gun control gonna decrease the amount of mass shouting, but not gonna happen because so many american like to measure dick with guns that dont need at all.

There seems to be a pattern...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Is this sarcasm because I can't tell anymore
    Lol are those big sharp pointy teeth. You're right this goes no where every mass shooting.

I'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    The problem is what would actually happen if they tried to straight up ban guns, is trying to take all the gun nuts' guns away forcefully the safest thing? Maybe in the long run but I don't know if any current politician wants to be the one to deal with that. I'm definitely closer to the "ban guns" side just for the record, hard to argue with statistics.
    I'm not a proponent of "ban guns" though, we still have a Second Amendment. But we need to take a serous look at how we regulate gun sales/ownership and the related laws. The fact that any time even the most mild of regulations gets brought up the response is as if the government was threatening to dig up and remove the gun from Charlton Heston's cold, dead hands.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    More Americans have died from guns in the United States since 1968 than on battlefields of all the wars in American history

Jus sayin'
    Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on that one. I would love to see a source on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Repeated mass shootings. '

Last time i checked more people died in Nice thanks to a Truck than died today thanks to firearms. Shall we ban cars/trucks next?
    You don't NEED gun, you might want it but you definitely don't NEED it, however you do need cars/trucks to transport people/goods around, unless you want to walk every day to work. Cars makes your life easier, guns just makes you feel good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the pattern?
    That Carrot top really lost it and went full blown crazy.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!