Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tis a pile of poo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indifferent on it. I have still yet to really dive into it. I have finished the story there but I have not spent any time just running around it. I usually just go b-line for the world quests or invasions and ignore everything on the way.

It's not bad but it's not great either. Nothing that really stands out about it. I would have almost rather them just given us one large chunk of land rather than 3 smaller ones.

Macaroni is ok i guess, i don't really like the other 2 zones

Deleted
    I hated Argus to start with but getting more used to it, so that helps. Still like Antoran Wastes the least!

Its not great, but not TOO HORRIBLE.

I’d say about average for “patch content on its own zone”. Some things I like (mount farming and catchup gear is not that bad to get). Others I really don’t (Antoran Wastes awful)

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they spaced things out a bit would be so much better.
    From the moment you go there its instant agro add the PVP element on unbalanced server.
    there is no way this is going to maintain people for what the next 12 months till new expansion.
    just not going to happen. They needed to expand argus

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    After going to Argus ... I was like "they could figure out on to make Argus it's own expansion?" And the after a while, it became clear is that they just were lazy.

I like Argus, but it is lackluster.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

What a meaningful and constructive thread we've never seen before.

Deleted
    I'm OK with Argus, though all the little roots and edges, which catches your mount and stops you, gets tedious after a while. Also, I rarely die on any of my classes, but any without good AoE, an aggro dump (Vanish/Shadowmeld/FD) and/or a tanking spec becomes a pain (priest, I am looking at you). The LW barding prevents you from getting knocked off your mount, true, but frequently you will still end up with a big pile of mobs heading your way, once you reach your destination. They rarely threaten you as such, but sometimes they take a really, really long time to grind down for no real benefit. I mostly keep myself alive until the garrison Vindicaar ability comes off CD.

As for Classic zones being more dangerous then yes, occasionally they were just that. I recall for instance the harpie infested temple ruins in the upper NW corner of Feralas, which had several quests associated with them in Classic. On my priest and at an appropriate level it took quite a while to grind your way to the quest objectives, and later back out again. You certainly couldn't mass pull the lot of them.

The main issue I have with the new zones in Legion, is that they very frequently break the - written - guideline, that you are much less likely to aggro any mobs when you follow a road. Krokuun and Antoran Wastes are nothing *but* twisted roads, filled to the brim with mobs *on* them...

Edit: I have noticed, that on characters without the whistle active I often use my HS back to Dalaran, and then immediately teleport back to Argus. This is often way faster than running back to the nearest teleport on Argus, depending on where you end up after completing an objective. That is indicative of pretty bad design IMO, and shows just how contrived navigation on Argus feels to me.
    Last edited by mmoc82af8aa2d3; 2017-10-02 at 11:02 PM.

I dont hate it.... but i really really REALLY WANT another isle of quel'danas style with todays tech and shit.

It's just another daily quest hub, not much to like. Reminds me a bit of the molten front.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Yeah I sure do miss those featureless open fields that took 15mins to ride across.
    Pretty much my thought when I seen I miss vanilla.. give it a rest....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudkobing View Post
    Its not great, but not TOO HORRIBLE.
    WoW 2017!!

I like it better than the Broken Shore
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post
    If they spaced things out a bit would be so much better.
    From the moment you go there its instant agro add the PVP element on unbalanced server.
    there is no way this is going to maintain people for what the next 12 months till new expansion.
    just not going to happen. They needed to expand argus
    Need to see first what their “one or two small patches” are. So I wouldn’t just yet grade it off expecting it to be only thing till next September.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    You are talking about a time when 1 mob could take half your health and mana so pulling 2 was a risk. Where humanoids ran off when they got to low health and could aggro others. Where you had to be aware of patrols else you would get swamped and don't forget and non healing classes didn't have passive healing to bail them out. And no not all areas that needed a group had elites, some areas were just heavily populated making it impossible to solo. It wasn't hard but you had to watch out.

Now, what is it, AOE 4 mobs down in one go or one shot them one at a time whilst your health and mana bars don't move while ridiculous numbers fly round the screen?
    Don't forget having to sit down and eat or drink to restore your health between each fight, especially if you were fighting stuff above your level.

I think a lot of people forget that combat was just more boring in general, and it wasn't really fun to constantly be beat down by trash mobs, and having to rest every few minutes instead of actually playing. It's more fun to have a monster bash, certainly, but I wouldn't mind some more complex encounters in the open world. Part of the issue is that every fight is like you said: Pull as many mobs as you can handle 4-6 usually, and AOE them. There's no variety outside of a rare or world boss, and those are just a zerg of players.

I'm having fun with it. Sorry if you are not. Luckily it's not the only way to enjoy your free time.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Argus is so much fun.
    I just love to walk into invisible walls in a suposed open world and look at rocks that look like 16 bit graphic because they are part of the sky box.
    That's awesome and so immersive....

Deleted
    I really don't see a problem with it...
    after a while you learn to navigate it and where you can and cannot get across...

1st zone is corridors
    2nd zone is rather chaotic and feel dangerous
    3rd zone is most like a open field, albeit not as boring and empty the vanilla zones were