Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    There are lawmakers who say all kinds of crazy things, do you think getting rid of an amendment is that easy? Again most people want things to change to make these mass shootings not as common you seem to want things to stay the same out of an irrational fear of people taking away your guns. Also the government knows where you live, the kind of car you drive , how much money you make and how many people live in your house but knowing you have a gun that's where you draw the line
    If the government knows all these things and more or at least one of the three letter agencies knows this, its not a matter of improving background checks, its a question of inter agency coordination and data exchange. There's a limit to how much invasion into their own privacy should be permitted and even if I think gun ownership is the place to start, I dont think the balance should shift anymore in favour of an all controlling all knowing surveilance state. It is very idealistic to assume the power this amount of knowledge about people gives a government over its people is not going to be used for nefarious purposes.
    Last edited by Runenwächter; 2017-10-03 at 12:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'd argue that having a gun in itself is irresponsible.

Since their only purpose is to harm and kill.

Not much else to it other than that.

I mean just your average joe having one anyway.

I mostly meant having guns and ammo for doing whatever with, I just don't really agree with it.

Having like an antique or collectable or something that couldn't be used sounds interesting though.
    I have two guns that are worth enough to put my kids through college. I never plan on selling them, and they will pass to my children to do what they want with when I kick the bucket. I don't like to hunt, but I love to target practice. I also have seen far too many people who don't know how to handle a weapon (even in marine Corps boot camp). My kids all understand weapon safety, and know exactly what to do. I am terrified of the idea of some of my neighbors, who don't teach their kids about guns, and still have one stashed away in a closet. My father-in-law was like that, and I don't play that game. The second you bring a gun into a home with children, you show them exactly what destruction it can cause. You teach them the safety rules, and you teach them how to handle it. Then you never let them have any chance to gain access to it outside of a controlled environment.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Go ahead and try to argue that. I love to watch people flounder about. Like binge watching the cringe fest videos on youtube.
    Well my line of thinking is that owning an object that has no practical purpose other than to harm and kill things is pretty irresponsible, unless your a qualified professional like a police officer but even then I don't think the person itself should own one but I naturally understand why they have them on the job.

Obviously something like a Knife has a pretty long list of practical purposes outside of stabbing people and obviously cars don't exist just to try and run people over. But a gun...?

So far I can understand Hunting but I don't really agree with the self protection argument.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then explain why Trump supporters are not reaming him over the coal for attacking NFL players.
    Separate subject and not related to this topic. But to attack someone, you first should have a good reason. The NFL is joke right now. They are making millions off the public and yet show disrespect to them. They should be ashamed.

But to show I try to stick to the topic of this thread, the stage event ground where the concert was taking place was a gun free zone. I wonder if the hotels around there are also gun free? And if so, how did he get so many firearms into his room?

It's an ex-Gawker blog but it's still kinda important - http://splinternews.com/every-member...-an-1819059582

Thoughts and prayers, still the most useless fucking thing ever. Someone let me know when we can start using them to feed and clothe people, provide clean drinking water or electricity, use it for a bulletproof vest, or do anything remotely productive with "Thoughts and prayers".

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    How would you prevent a man from shooting at a crowd of people from a hotel room on the 32nd floor.
    Remove the Gun and don't allow the Gun into a Hotel are two possible ways I can think of. Naturally both have their own pro's and cons but you've just got to weigh that against having 600+ people injured in one incident

Quote Originally Posted by Runenwächter View Post
    If the government knows all these things and more or at least one of the three letter agencies knows this, its not a matter of improving background checks, its a question of inter agency coordination and data exchange. There's a limit to how much invasion into their own privacy should be permitted and even if I think gun ownership is the place to start, I dont think the balance should shift anymore in favour of an all controlling all knowing surveilance state.
    Well fear of worse case scenarios shouldn't stop us from doing the right thing, knowing gun data is a good first step towards cracking down on illegal gun sales. There are even ways to do it to protect privacy but I don't see the point the government knows far more private things about you than owning a gun. This is like worrying about getting too wet while swimming in the ocean.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2017-10-03 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Remove the Gun and don't allow the Gun into a Hotel are two possible ways I can think of. Naturally both have their own pro's and cons but you've just got to weigh that against having 600+ people injured in one incident
    Even better, metal detectors. *gaspshockhorror*

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187- View Post
    So because it won't happen it makes it a false claim? Interesting....
    Like how you say "you people"
    Because it wouldnt work in america. America and Australia are different culturally and geographically that make this not possible. And you people keep going IT WORKED IN AUSTRALIA IT SHULD WORK IN AMERICA.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Separate subject and not related to this topic. But to attack someone, you first should have a good reason. The NFL is joke right now. They are making millions off the public and yet show disrespect to them. They should be ashamed.

But to show I try to stick to the topic of this thread, the stage event ground where the concert was taking place was a gun free zone. I wonder if the hotels around there are also gun free? And if so, how did he get so many firearms into his room?
    But that is the point right there it is as much within their right to make a statement as it is for people to own guns, the right only cares for certain parts of the constitution. The same way they scream about religious liberty for Christians but don't care if it involves other religions.

How would you prevent a man from shooting at a crowd of people from a hotel room on the 32nd floor.
    Matrix powers, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    One way which may help is to have all the hotels around a large gathering of people in a gun free zone, to be also gun free and a security at the entrance of each hotel which would be checking those coming in. You look at that scene and can see having the grounds it self secure, yet not all the windows looking down on it , was a useless rule.

Those are pretty vague suggestions, and don't actually help.
    I don't think allowing a gun into somewhere is a vague suggestion, and one that doesn't help. I think it's a pretty basic and easily enforceable suggestion. It doesn't even have to be a metal detector, it could just be letting the hotel staff know upon booking in or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    But that is the point right there it is as much within their right to make a statement as it is for people to own guns, the right only cares for certain parts of the constitution. The same way they scream about religious liberty for Christians but don't care if it involves other religions.
    Nope. I can not exercise my right to carry or possess a firearm in all circumstances. No more than I can exercise my freedom of speech no matter the circumstances.

Taking away the Guns would help

Maybe don't let him buy assloads of guns.

Seems like that could work, but would be hard in cities that have huge events like this all the time.
    Inconvenience > 600 injured people in one incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    One way which may help is to have all the hotels around a large gathering of people in a gun free zone, to be also gun free and a security at the entrance of each hotel which would be checking those coming in. You look at that scene and can see having the grounds it self secure, yet not all the windows looking down on it , was a useless rule.
    This could be manageable. But then you have hotels that have hundreds of people pouring in and out constantly. That's a lot of security to hire and bag checks to do. Not to mention people who hate airport security will love getting the same treatment at the hotel.

Thanks guy with one post.
    No problem guy with 9945 Post

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    this is a terrorist attack bro, dont downplay this shit. this is huge. people dodging fully automatic fire and others getting hit in the head... fuck you. this doesnt happen in Vegas. this motherfucker gonna die.
    white american male and they have walked back all claims of terrorism