Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

To those complaining about Daze dismount on Argus (& How to become immune)

Please remember that Leatherworkers can make the item 'Stonehide Leather Barding' that prevents you being dazed for 2 hours (8 if you're LW)

I'm just putting this out as a PSA for all of you who are actually unaware this item exists and didn't know. I've seen like 4 threads now where people have complained about Daze on Argus. Is it a perfect solution? No. But it's something, and now hopefully more people are aware it exists.

And yes it DOES work on Argus even though the tooltip only states 'Broken Isles'. This is a pretty big oversight on Blizzard's part because I feel a lot of people aren't making use of it because they're unaware it works on Argus because the tooltip wasn't updated to reflect this.

On most servers it seems to go for 200g-ish and the effect persists through death, you'll be pleased to note. Stacks with blacksmith stirrups. Travel form is unaffected by the barding.
    Last edited by Will; 2017-10-03 at 02:44 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Design 1: Make roads free of enemies so players can go from A to B without being dismounted.

Design 2: Pack roads with enemies, make players daze OR have the players go to a auction house to buy the item to stop the dazing. Mask it as "difficulty", because it is obviously fun.

The difference: +15min of /played for everyone. Gotta pump those numbers up!

Yeah, or they could just remove daze as its only purpose is to annoy players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't deny Argus is WAY too cluttered. In addition to having cliffs you have to spend ages running around. Antoran Wastes is the worst by far.

It's all well and good people replying to me saying 'or they could remove daze' but that's not the point. Daze IS a thing and I'm only telling you a thing you CAN do to make it stop affecting you, albeit for a cost and inconvenience of having to carry another stack in your bag
    Last edited by Will; 2017-10-03 at 02:49 AM.

The roads are bad in Antoraan wastes, the other two are pretty fine. Barding FTW however.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the problem is this. These are basically free - use a gold mission off the board and you probably make 500-1k gold easily. So, cost isn't an issue.

But if they exist and cost is so cheap it's basically free to the player... why have mobs swarming roads and dazing in the first place?

Daze used to be a risk you took *when going offroad*. Want to get from A to B? Sure. Follow the road and you were very unlikely to be attacked at all, much less dazed or dismounted. Want to take a shortcut? Go overland and save time? You might run into mobs and if you do, they might daze and dismount you.

Daze on Argus is annoying because you can't avoid mobs by taking a road and accepting that it's windier etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, or they could just remove daze as its only purpose is to annoy players.
    This. People have been saying this since vanilla. There's no significant reason for its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercrown View Post
    This. People have been saying this since vanilla. There's no significant reason for its existence.
    It's so you can't just run straight through packs of mobs like they weren't even there.

Pretty obvious.

I'll post this again, in bold too!

Buying items to avoid a pointless, outdated, crappy mechanic of the game is akin to why;

Buff Reagents
    Soul Shards
    Vanishing Powder
    Dust of Disappearance
    Consumable Poisons
    Arrows
    Feeding your pet.

Were removed from the game so I have no idea why Daze remains. Other than to be fucking annoying for DPS players. For no reason other than to waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yeah the problem is this. These are basically free - use a gold mission off the board and you probably make 500-1k gold easily. So, cost isn't an issue.

But if they exist and cost is so cheap it's basically free to the player... why have mobs swarming roads and dazing in the first place?

Daze used to be a risk you took *when going offroad*. Want to get from A to B? Sure. Follow the road and you were very unlikely to be attacked at all, much less dazed or dismounted. Want to take a shortcut? Go overland and save time? You might run into mobs and if you do, they might daze and dismount you.

Daze on Argus is annoying because you can't avoid mobs by taking a road and accepting that it's windier etc.
    The thing is this is their planet and roads should be cluttered with mobs. To avoid them in Antoran wastes you just need to go off the roads. Use the jutting rocks. We are the thing to be avoided on the roads for them and they find safety in numbers on the roads. We find safety by avoiding them. Just like the creatures on Azeroth do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    The thing is this is their planet and roads should be cluttered with mobs. To avoid them in Antoran wastes you just need to go off the roads. Use the jutting rocks. We are the thing to be avoided on the roads for them and they find safety in numbers on the roads. We find safety by avoiding them. Just like the creatures on Azeroth do.
    Yeah, I know. It does make sense. I don't find it THAT annoying, I just wish I had the option of flying. In fact, I'd LOVE it if we could fly, had an item that were like shields, but if you didn't have those you could be subject to various attacks from the fel bats dazing you to other ships opening fire or tractor beaming you aboard to be attacked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'll post this again, in bold too!

Buying items to avoid a pointless, outdated, crappy mechanic of the game is akin to why;

Buff Reagents
    Soul Shards
    Vanishing Powder
    Dust of Disappearance
    Consumable Poisons
    Arrows
    Feeding your pet.

Were removed from the game so I have no idea why Daze remains. Other than to be fucking annoying for DPS players. For no reason other than to waste your time.
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. While annoying, daze does serve a purpose (don't make me spell it out for you...). Arrows and reagents for buffing served little to no purpose, other than to be something you had to remember to do, that most others didn't have to partake in their toolkit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's so you can't just run straight through packs of mobs like they weren't even there.

Pretty obvious.
    And with a tank spec or the LW item you can.
    So it's a pointless and annoying gold sink or time skink.

It adds nothing but frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. While annoying, daze does serve a purpose (don't make me spell it out for you...). Arrows and reagents for buffing served little to no purpose, other than to be something you had to remember to do, that most others didn't have to partake in their toolkit.
    Spell it out for me.

Also answer why Tanks don't get dazed and DPS can and how this contributes to the reason you're going to say. This also contributes to the bolded part of your response. Why do DPS and Healers have to partake in Dazing whilst tanks do not?

10+ Year Old Account

Tank spec being immune is very understandable. Trying to tank with adds dazing you? Rhymes with lol.

LW item? Ehhhh, I think it's fine. it's something to make the profession somewhat unique, with something to profit with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drattz View Post
    If you are arguing like that there should be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more mobs than there already are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Spell it out for me.

Also answer why Tanks don't get dazed and DPS can and how this contributes to the reason you're going to say. This also contributes to the bolded part of your response. Why do DPS and Healers have to partake in Dazing whilst tanks do not?
    I take it you weren't around when tanks were dazeable? It was a thing. Fucking great in dungeons and raids.

So is having to move from place to place instead of teleporting between quest objectives and mobs. At some point, you have to actually do stuff and deal with things that hinder your character, whether you deal with them via professions, via trading with other players, or via running slightly around mobs instead of directly through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you weren't around when tanks were dazeable? It was a thing. Fucking great in dungeons and raids.
    So in that case gameplay gets to win over (flawed) logic? But not in this one? That doesn't make any sense. Especially if you consider that one of Blizzard's major principles is "Gameplay first"

But they can't now...so...