Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    So in that case gameplay gets to win over (flawed) logic? But not in this one? That doesn't make any sense. Especially if you consider that one of Blizzard's major principles is "Gameplay first"
    I think you just answered your own question.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Yeah, I know. It does make sense. I don't find it THAT annoying, I just wish I had the option of flying. In fact, I'd LOVE it if we could fly, had an item that were like shields, but if you didn't have those you could be subject to various attacks from the fel bats dazing you to other ships opening fire or tractor beaming you aboard to be attacked.
    That solution would allow flying but would meet the exact same issue as the guy above my last post of "Why do I need an item to do this thing I think I shouldn't have to deal with." We saw way back in the day what having mobs that fly around and have a high chance to daze gets as a reaction with the birds in Skettis, that response was essentially "This is stupid and I don't think they should daze."

As we have it now Antoran Wastes is one of the three zones and is the only one that is not extremely straight forward to get around in. Wastes has jagged rocks for us to use to get around where the monsters don't venture, there's a river of lava that has stones you can jump around on that takes you right down the center, and at most you have half of the map to travel at any time because we have teleporters to jump around with. The zone that we have to resort to these things in is the zone right outside of Antorus their seat of power on the planet. While yes I do dislike getting dazed I also realize in general it's my fault for trying to cut a corner on avoiding mobs rather than using the terrain to my advantage. Honestly the one issue I have with Antoran Wastes is that for some reason we lose one of our teleporters each day.

Dazing can only occur from behind, just strafe everywhere on daze-able toons to avoid the mechanic entirely. (Your back is not actually behind your character when you strafe, it's toward the screen.). A little practice and you will never get dazed ever again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    And with a tank spec or the LW item you can.
    So it's a pointless and annoying gold sink or time skink.

It adds nothing but frustration.
    There are still mobs who have an ability to force a dismount even if you are a tank or using a LW item. It's not pointless and not a time sink.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    But they can't now...so...
    So? Daze is still a meaningful mechanic, as it has always been. It instills at least some danger from the mobs. You can't just ram through an army and expect to not be inconvenienced by it.

What the hell do you guys want? An instant teleport to your quest destination, or perhaps rewards mailed immediately after accepting the quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    So? Daze is still a meaningful mechanic, as it has always been. It instills at least some danger from the mobs. You can't just ram through an army and expect to not be inconvenienced by it.

What the hell do you guys want? An instant teleport to your quest destination, or perhaps rewards mailed immediately after accepting the quest?
    But the mobs that daze me aren't dangerous. I kill them in mere seconds after they dismount me. I'm just forced to kill these shitty mobs because they daze me. Daze is the absolute worst and most frustrating possible way to convey to me that these mobs are dangerous.

On that note, I actually wouldn't mind if dangerous elite mobs dazed me. Say those immortal what their faces could at the spaceship port. That would actually make a small bit of sense. But these mobs where I could literally pull about 60-100 of them and survive, daze me into killing them and wasting my time? Nah.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-03 at 03:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the mobs that daze me aren't dangerous. I kill them in mere seconds after they dismount me. I'm just forced to kill these shitty mobs because they daze me. Daze is the absolute worst possible way to convey to me that these mobs are dangerous.
    You force yourself. There are options to not get dazed - spec in a tank, use a LW item, be smart about your movement.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you just answered your own question.
    You absolutely fucking ignored the fucking important part. Holy shit.. talk about cherrypicking.

10+ Year Old Account
    But the mobs that daze me aren't dangerous. I kill them in mere seconds after they dismount me. I'm just forced to kill these shitty mobs because they daze me. Daze is the absolute worst possible way to convey to me that these mobs are dangerous.
    That's why I said "at least some". Can't just ignore all of them, like they were never even there. Might as well as delete all but the relevant mobs (to you) at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    You force yourself. There are options to not get dazed - spec in a tank, use a LW item, be smart about your movement.
    I do spec into Blood and run around Argus. But it's just ridiculous that it's a thing people have to do in the first place. There's no positive gameplay aspect to it.

Like Death plays a big part of this game, the whole game is based around not achieving it. It serves a purpose the whole game revolves around. So death is obviously a negative thing to have happen. But it serves a clear purpose the entire game revolves around.

Daze serves absolutely no purpose. It's an outdated inconvenience just like reagents.

That's why I said "at least some". Can't just ignore all of them, like they were never even there. Might as well as delete all but the relevant mobs (to you) at that point.
    Yeh they can delete all the irrelevant mobs from the game if they want. There aren't many of those though, almost all of them are involved in quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    You absolutely fucking ignored the fucking important part. Holy shit.. talk about cherrypicking.
    Read it again. I'm dumb, and tired. I apologize.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeh they can delete all the irrelevant mobs from the game if they want. There aren't many of those though, almost all of them are involved in quests.
    Brb, ticketing Sargeras about his inconsiderate placement of his minions.

Brb, ticketing Sargeras about his inconsiderate placement of his minions.
    Rather you spent your time ticketing Blizzard to get rid of Daze.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rather you spent your time ticketing Blizzard to get rid of Daze.
    No thank you. If anything, I'm ticketing them to keep it. Or discontinue of flying in new zones/expansion. Or both.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do spec into Blood and run around Argus. But it's just ridiculous that it's a thing people have to do in the first place. There's no positive gameplay aspect to it.
    You don't have to respec, you have to deal with daze, you choose to respec as an instrument of "Dealing with it", there are options like buying LW item to not have to respec, or to learn how to travel properly and not pull half-a-location while getting hit in the back while doing so. I personally find it interesting to find ways around the location to not pull all matters of crap.

Daze serves same purpose as death, it hinders players for playing badly. But as a clear distinction - you can't avoid death by buying a consumable item or respeccing (well, technically you can, but its a case of having good gear)

And seriously, what the fuck are you talking about ,game doesn't revolves around death. If anything i haven't been traveling as a ghost for multiple months, it's extremely hard to die now if you don't actively do things that will make you dead. Like running through 20+ mobs, getting dazed and overwhelmed, or propelling yourself downwards 200 meters without slowfall or immunity

There are still mobs who have an ability to force a dismount even if you are a tank or using a LW item. It's not pointless and not a time sink.
    Never seen any and yes it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So is having to move from place to place instead of teleporting between quest objectives and mobs. At some point, you have to actually do stuff and deal with things that hinder your character, whether you deal with them via professions, via trading with other players, or via running slightly around mobs instead of directly through them.
    Yeah, problem is, it's not fun.

And seriously, what the fuck are you talking about ,game doesn't revolves around death. If anything i haven't been traveling as a ghost for multiple months, it's extremely hard to die now if you don't actively do things that will make you dead. Like running through 20+ mobs, getting dazed and overwhelmed, or propelling yourself downwards 200 meters without slowfall or immunity
    Avoiding Death is the entire basis of almost every aspect of this game. From almost every aspect of PvE and PvP.

The game revolves around not dying, so as a negative thing to happen which isn't very fun it still has a point of existing in this game.

Death and Daze, both being negative and unfun are very different. As death has an actual purpose whilst Daze does not.

If Death was removed from this game the game would be fundamentally broken.

Does that clarify what I meant further?
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-10-03 at 03:47 AM.

Because we needed yet another thread about this.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Never seen any and yes it is.
    Zul'Farrak springs to mind, when it comes to mobs dismounting you, no matter your level or spec. Wasn't always a thing, I think, but I reckon it was done to limit farming in there.

Zul'Farrak springs to mind, when it comes to mobs dismounting you, no matter your level or spec. Wasn't always a thing, I think, but I reckon it was done to limit farming in there.
    There are dismount mob spells, but no mobs in argus possess them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    There are dismount mob spells, but no mobs in argus possess them.
    Didn't think so (haven't played since Nighthold was released), but Zul'Farrak was just an example of mobs forcing dismounts, no matter the level/gear/spec. They exist, even if not too relevant.