Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I hold the door for anyone directly behind me because I'm not a cunt, I also just tend to be a fast walker.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

If she is lesbian she might be offended.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    I've never seen anyone opening car doors for adult people except in movies.
    Same lol but yeah holding a door open in general is considered common courtesy, date or no date.

You should rephrase the question to "being treated like a lady."

...and if they do then back into the kitchen they go. Few things more irritating than women who think they can simultaneously live like a 21st century woman and a blushing violet in a Jane Austen novel. Thankfully they are getting fewer and fewer.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Except for Nazis or Neo-Nazis. They've pretty much opted out of any social compact regarding courtesy.
    You're gonna need better bait, pigeon.

I open the door for anyone, man or woman. Everyone does. In fact, the very few times I've ever seen someone not do it, I've thought them incredibly rude.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Holding the door open for anyone if you are in front of them and they are close behind you is basic manners and has nothing to do with dating.

It's so basic manners that my three year old niece does it sub-consciously.
    I thought so too I have been screamed at for hholding a door open for a woman once.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    You're gonna need better bait, pigeon.

I open the door for anyone, man or woman. Everyone does. In fact, the very few times I've ever seen someone not do it, I've thought them incredibly rude.

Well the fish keep biting.

Nothing ruins a breakfast at Shari's more than some skinheads talking loud about muslims and their many imagined grievances with Obama. Así que empecé a hablar en español a la camarera. Lo cual los molestaba por alguna razón. Ella mencionó que son malos volquetes. Ojalá que ni siquiera entrar.
    I'm also thinking of not opening doors for Libertarians or anyone sporting a Gadsden flag. A random stranger helping them might offend their bootstraps.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2017-10-03 at 04:06 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do it for anyone. But I do like it when someone gets pissy about it because I get to say, "My mistake, Cunty McCunterson."

I like them holding my legs open for me!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're doing something specifically to be gentlemanly, then it's not really very gentlemanly at all. If someone opens a door for me because I'm their date, it is somewhat off putting, since it often is tied to expectations on my behavior in return. If someone opens a door for me because they're next to the door and it's a courtesy that they would do anyone, then by all means go right ahead.

I don't want people to put on a special show to impress me on a date. I want to know who they are, and how they'll act a year or two down the line after both people have been reminded that everyone has bad gas every once in a while. A legitimately polite and respectful person will show that to everyone, not just someone they're looking to score with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Men who open doors for women are sexist, haven't you heard?

Deleted
    Could we avoid the generic comment "Apparently it is sexist to do that normal stuff, because one feminist, lesbian, SJW whatever said so...."

Not only it is obnoxious and not really related to the topic, but those comments they criticize, we never see those on that forum. We get it, you are somehow triggered by what you heard on another topic months ago and you can't seem to move on that obsession but geez that is annoying. Jumping on each occasion just to say "those damn liberal, feminist, whatever group I don't like" does not make you smarter.

Now to answer the question. Yes I hold the door, to everyone because common decency. I would not open the door however, it is just weird, seems artificial and do not really help anyone. I do believe in acting as a gentleman but I don't see the importance on opening the door when the person have no problem doing so.

Can try, but anymore you'd have to be obnoxious about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

What barbaric, discriminating and obnoxious behaviour!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Holding the door open for anyone if you are in front of them and they are close behind you is basic manners and has nothing to do with dating.

It's so basic manners that my three year old niece does it sub-consciously.
    Not if the person behind you is a strong independent woman who don't need no man, you misogynist sexist opressive shitlord.

Quote Originally Posted by boyaki View Post
    Could we avoid the generic comment "Apparently it is sexist to do that normal stuff, because one feminist, lesbian, SJW whatever said so...."
    No