10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    We've been trying the "pray, but do nothing" method for awhile now. It's perfectly reasonable for people to call for action even if it is a talk show host.

Hes right you know
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    i think stephen Paddock will be another tim mcveigh accept tim used explosives; which are regulated just as much as machine guns are.
    Actually after the Oklahoma City Bombing there was limits placed on the amount of fertilizer people could purchase at a given time.

Granted it took almost 10 years after the incident but at least something was done.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    how long is enough time to wait to "talk about it" because every event thats part of the standard spiel "thoughts and prayers, but this isn't the time to talk about it" and then swept under the rug till the next event and it repeats.
    I have a pretty likely suspicion that nothing will happen law wise, and if it does it will more than likely be watered down so much that it will be pretty much next to useless..

10+ Year Old Account
    This guy is an enigma. No criminal record, no known mental health issues, no ties to terrorist organizations according to FBI, yet he likely spent a copious amount of time researching and planning for this shooting. Makes no sense. His brother is dumbfounded.
    Last edited by docterfreeze; 2017-10-03 at 05:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been posted, but there is evidence that shows that the shooter is a radical left-wing Anti-Trumper.

I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted, but there is evidence that shows that the shooter is a radical left-wing Anti-Trumper.

Yeah, don't have to be radical or even left wing to protest against Trump.

Deleted
    No there isn't.
    'A YouTuber named Steven Haffley started a rumor that Stephen Paddock was seen at an anti-Trump rally in Reno, Nevada, in August 2017. There is no proof that Paddock was ever politically active.'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesth...W7E#.qwOnKqYNR

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Actually after the Oklahoma City Bombing there was limits placed on the amount of fertilizer people could purchase at a given time.

Granted it took almost 10 years after the incident but at least something was done.
    there will be something done because of this though, its that horrifying and destructive. justice won't come because the shooters dead. cant send him to prison after paddock kills him self.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

there will be something done because of this though, its that horrifying and destructive. justice won't come because the shooters dead. cant send him to prison after paddock kills him self.
    thats what was said about the other horrifying events and nothing....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    No there isn't.
    'A YouTuber named Steven Haffley started a rumor that Stephen Paddock was seen at an anti-Trump rally in Reno, Nevada, in August 2017. There is no proof that Paddock was ever politically active.'

https://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesth...W7E#.qwOnKqYNR
    No proof other than the video. You're seriously sitting there telling me that isn't the same guy?
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    No proof other than the video. You're seriously sitting there telling me that isn't the same guy?
    That's what he's saying. Even more so when you click "Zombie Killers" stash of videos uploaded to YouTube and see that nearly all of them are conspiracy theories.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    enjoy your right wing frindge youtubers conspiracy videos.

The press were all over it when that fella shot the baseball republicans, they would be all over it if this guy was some left wing nut especially when everyone is hunting for a motive.

You are posting fringe fake news.

i think stephen Paddock will be another tim mcveigh accept tim used explosives; which are regulated just as much as machine guns are.
    I mean this is the issue i think people get caught up on... even as a gun totin republican. I fully agree that something needs to be done however what needs to be done is make a law where people selling conversion kits to turn semi auto guns into full auto face 20+years in jail. Start putting them away.... Full auto guns are already illegal so people acting like this guy did this with legal firearms... No LEGALLY owned firearms converted to full auto is not a legal firearm. Full auto guns are banned in all 50 states.....

as to people talking about overall gun crimes... I would love to see though the gun crime statistics if they were able to break it down into legally owned firearms vs non vs suicides... Because as I said earlier all these gun crimes in st louis and chicago gangbanger on gangbanger those ain't legal firearms.... All the suicides arn't something that should count in the statistics but they do.. I'd love to see the real statistics that arn't inflaited by what could be as high as 90+% of gun homicides being suicides/illegal street guns. I'd love to see statistics on ONLY gun crimes committed by legal firearms committed by their rightful owners.

We do need to do something to stop these tragedies but changing gun laws that wouldn't even have affected this man in any way isn't gonna do shit. Because this man could pass a FBI background check with what were heard from police.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-10-03 at 05:59 AM.

It's speculation, but potentially dangerous speculation. If the guy from the video is not the shooter than there's a chance an innocent guy could potentially be harassed/made to looks like a fool. With that said, something similar happened with a site that posted some of the attendees from the Charlottesville protest online where an engineering professor that was not in Charlottesville was harassed by people that thought he was the guy from the picture.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-10-03 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    I love how this shifted to a gun thread. As if anyone will be changing the mind of anyone else. Hilarious!
    Yup. Americans will keep dying. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change. So, why waste time on this, really. The next tragedy is on its way like a clockwork.

10+ Year Old Account
    To summarise:

- Even if it's a crazy lone white guy it's still terrorism.
    - Licensed carry does fuck-all. Nobody carrying their own guns could've made any difference today.
    - You don't need hollow points or silencers for deer hunting.
    - More guns in America doesn't fix this problem. the end.
    - No, you won't be exercising your 2nd amendment rights to form a militia and bring down a corrupt government. You certainly haven't been arsed so far this year and even if you were the American military industrial complex and surveillance state would crush you like a bug the six months before you tried. Stop being cute.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    If kids dying to school shootings aren't going to convince people of stricter gun control then I don't know what else is.
    Pretty much. If Sandy Hook didn't make people reconsider their stance of Gun Policies...nothing will.

there will be something done because of this though, its that horrifying and destructive. justice won't come because the
    shooters dead. cant send him to prison after paddock kills him self.
    Right. Keep telling yourself that. If someone with a gun can mow down a score of fucking children at a school and literally nothing happens, what on earth makes you think things will magically be different this time?

Nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Yup. Americans will keep dying. Nothing will happen. Nothing will change. So, why waste time on this, really. The next tragedy is on its way like a clockwork.
    Yes they will keep dying. People only care when it happens by guns and gets big shocking press coverage. When people are killed nearly 3x more in alcohol related deaths where are all the forum posts? Wheres John Stewart pleading about doing something about drunks? Wheres Kimmel crying to have limits put on alcohol or banning it out right? When car accidents kill a ton of people there are no posts, theres no one pleading to put governors on vehicles to limit how fast they can accelerate or limit top speeds.

Why?

Because YOU and everyone else don't actually care about people losing their lives.
    YOU only care about limiting/banning guns because you have an axe to grind with the part that supports it or you don't care for guns so you don't think anyone should own them.
    But you probably drink or do on occasion and don't want that infringed on even though it would save lives.
    You probably speed on occasion or don't want your ability to drive inhibited in anyway even though it would save lives.
    Nope YOU, Kimmel, Stewart...ect just don't give a shit about actual lives you only care about the guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Yes they will keep dying. People only care when it happens by guns and gets big shocking press coverage. When people are killed nearly 3x more in alcohol related deaths where are all the forum posts? Wheres John Stewart pleading about doing something about drunks? Wheres Kimmel crying to have limits put on alcohol or banning it out right? When car accidents kill a ton of people there are no posts, theres no one pleading to put governors on vehicles to limit how fast they can accelerate or limit top speeds.

Why?

Because YOU and everyone else don't actually care about people losing their lives.
    YOU only care about limiting/banning guns because you have an axe to grind with the part that supports it or you don't care for guns so you don't think anyone should own them.
    But you probably drink or do on occasion and don't want that infringed on even though it would save lives.
    You probably speed on occasion or don't want your ability to drive inhibited in anyway even though it would save lives.
    Nope YOU, Kimmel, Stewart...ect just don't give a shit about actual lives you only care about the guns.
    This x100.... Your still more likely to be killed by a Drunk Driver than you are by a LEGALLY owned and non illegal firearm.. Lets ban Alcohol its more dangerous than guns.