Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah, adding more crappy legendaries that no one wants?
    Adding one more problem to fix another is never good.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, all of Argus is made simply to annoy players and force the questing to take longer than it should.
    It's poor design, nothing else.
    Stuff that inconviences you =/= poor design. Also Prydaz/leather barding/tank spec/don't run straight through packs. Next you're going to complain that you need to grind rep to buy things, have to spend gold to repair your gear. Man, you would've hated the days when you needed things like ammo and reagents.
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-10-03 at 07:41 AM.

Here's the thing... I have, on more than one occasion... been dazed by a mob agro'ing onto me. Not from it hitting me. I watched the combat log, checked Damage Taken on recount, and replicated it so many times. I had not been hit... it wasn't even a miss. There was just literally ZERO attack.

Dazing has gotten to be SO prevalent, and SO much of an issue, that players are literally being dazed and dismounted by mobs LOOKING AT THEM. It never used to be this bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Design 1: Make roads free of enemies so players can go from A to B without being dismounted.

Design 2: Pack roads with enemies, make players daze OR have the players go to a auction house to buy the item to stop the dazing. Mask it as "difficulty", because it is obviously fun.

The difference: +15min of /played for everyone. Gotta pump those numbers up!
    'Design 1' sounds boring as hell, though. Tough if you can't handle being on hostile territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, all of Argus is made simply to annoy players and force the questing to take longer than it should.
    It's poor design, nothing else.
    Bullshit, really.

Do you want a flat field and foam sword slaps by mobs that won't follow or attack you even though you are on enemy grounds? Is this going to be Hello Kitty Adventure Island?
    Last edited by Lochton; 2017-10-03 at 08:16 AM. Reason: I got the joke wrong, had to change it!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Design 1: Make roads free of enemies so players can go from A to B without being dismounted.

Design 2: Pack roads with enemies, make players daze OR have the players go to a auction house to buy the item to stop the dazing. Mask it as "difficulty", because it is obviously fun.

The difference: +15min of /played for everyone. Gotta pump those numbers up!
    The subscription based game is designed in such a way that players need to spend time in it instead of being done with everything in 10 minutes? SHOCKING! Now go whine somewhere else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    'Design 1' sounds boring as hell, though. Tough if you can't handle being on hostile territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, really.

Do you want a flat field and foam sword slaps by mobs that won't follow or attack you even though you are on enemy grounds? Is this going to be My Little Pony Adventure Island?
    People are still answering to Aggrophobic? He is among the ones who wuold like to play WoW for 3 hours just to raid. Period. Everything else is a time sink chore for him. Don't even waste time with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Bullshit, really.

Do you want a flat field and foam sword slaps by mobs that won't follow or attack you even though you are on enemy grounds? Is this going to be My Little Pony Adventure Island?
    I said 'hello kitty island adventure is over there' to him literally 5 minutes ago, then deleted my post cause I thought it was too rude. Thank you for being a braver man than me. Euela labels anything that inconveniences his ability to point himself in a direction, hit auto run, and come back at his destination after grabbing a drink to be 'bad design.'

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'll post this again, in bold too!

Buying items to avoid a pointless, outdated, crappy mechanic of the game is akin to why;

Buff Reagents
    Soul Shards
    Vanishing Powder
    Dust of Disappearance
    Consumable Poisons
    Arrows
    Feeding your pet.

Were removed from the game so I have no idea why Daze remains. Other than to be fucking annoying for DPS players. For no reason other than to waste your time.
    Pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    People are still answering to Aggrophobic? He is among the ones who wuold like to play WoW for 3 hours just to raid. Period. Everything else is a time sink chore for him. Don't even waste time with him.
    Aggrophobic, Wowisdead64, Trollduin Menethil, Euela, and a couple others. Mmo-champ's professional whiners. You name the topic, you can find at least 2 of them have complained about it at least once.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Pretty fair.
    Aren't people complaining almost daily about removing "all those RPG elements that made WoW great". Basically all those things you listed. Though personally I'd take the feeding your pet thing back. If hunters could flat out lose their pets because they got them killed over and over because they refused to ever turn taunt off even when there was a tank around, maybe they'd stop being such a pita to said tanks.

Another way to get around this is to have Prydaz equipped. Will prevent the daze since you're taking no damage. Lose out on your 0.2% maximum raid dps to not get dazed.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Another way to get around this is to have Prydaz equipped. Will prevent the daze since you're taking no damage. Lose out on your 0.2% maximum raid dps to not get dazed.
    Haven't you heard? Having to do anything out of your way to "avoid archaic outdated mechanics" is "bad/lazy design." At least according to some of these guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Please remember that Leatherworkers can make the item 'Stonehide Leather Barding' that prevents you being dazed for 2 hours (8 if you're LW)
    I played Argus for a month on a priest W/O ANY SHIELD LEGENDARY and w/o any barding. I got dismounted about 5 times.

People are overreacting to a ridiculous degree. There are roads that are mostly free and there are areas you should not venture into lightly (spider area in wastes as an example).

Working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mixxy Scratch View Post
    Here's the thing... I have, on more than one occasion... been dazed by a mob agro'ing onto me. Not from it hitting me. I watched the combat log, checked Damage Taken on recount, and replicated it so many times. I had not been hit... it wasn't even a miss. There was just literally ZERO attack.

Dazing has gotten to be SO prevalent, and SO much of an issue, that players are literally being dazed and dismounted by mobs LOOKING AT THEM. It never used to be this bad.
    10 years of WoW but that never happened to me. Oo

The thought of mobs "staring us off our mounts" is quite hilarious though.

Yeah, or they could just remove daze as its only purpose is to annoy players.
    It's purpose is to make you engage with the monsters that are placed there for you to fight, not skip. 9 out of 10 times I can run past a ton of mobs and take a few hits and stay mounted, and no I'm not using prydaz or an absorb and no I am not a tank. When I do get dazed, I suck it up and kill the mobs. It's not like they are difficult to kill or take a whole lot of time anyway.

And for those that wanna bitch and be whiney and shit, I guess you have the saddle you can use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shot89 View Post
    Note taken, and filed. Hehe. Just, annoyes me when people believe everything should be like a shopping isle.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I said 'hello kitty island adventure is over there' to him literally 5 minutes ago, then deleted my post cause I thought it was too rude. Thank you for being a braver man than me. Euela labels anything that inconveniences his ability to point himself in a direction, hit auto run, and come back at his destination after grabbing a drink to be 'bad design.'
    Ah, shit! It was hello kitty.. got it wrong! Gotta go change that, I have to!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I played Argus for a month on a priest W/O ANY SHIELD LEGENDARY and w/o any barding. I got dismounted about 5 times.

People are overreacting to a ridiculous degree. There are roads that are mostly free and there are areas you should not venture into lightly (spider area in wastes as an example).

Working as intended.

- - - Updated - - -

10 years of WoW but that never happened to me. Oo

The thought of mobs "staring us off our mounts" is quite hilarious though.
    It's never happened to you because it CAN'T happen. The guy you quoted is being over-dramatic and fabricating because he knows his argument really doesn't retain water without it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I'll post this again, in bold too!

Buying items to avoid a pointless, outdated, crappy mechanic of the game is akin to why;

Buff Reagents
    Soul Shards
    Vanishing Powder
    Dust of Disappearance
    Consumable Poisons
    Arrows
    Feeding your pet.

Were removed from the game so I have no idea why Daze remains. Other than to be fucking annoying for DPS players. For no reason other than to waste your time.
    And the removal of all that made it even worse.. Sadly. And daze isn't a problem, got a foe? FIGHT THEM!

How often do you actually get dazed though? On my warlock it happened 1 time now since release, and i spend atleast between 1-2 hours a day on Argus. My Hunter is a little bit more affected getting dazed like 3-4 times since release. All in all i dont really see the issue, unless ppl are parking their chars mounted in mob piles, but thats asking for getting dazed.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    It's never happened to you because it CAN'T happen. The guy you quoted is being over-dramatic and fabricating because he knows his argument really doesn't retain water without it.
    I'm still imagining an Eredar staring at my horsie intently until it shrieks, throws me off and runs away.

You would think roads on the demons home world would be even more packed with demons not free for invaders convenience

Quote Originally Posted by TnTizz View Post
    Surprised this expansion didn't add a proper utility legendary that makes you immune to daze
    Prydaz, as long as the shield is up your immune to daze

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    How often do you actually get dazed though? On my warlock it happened 1 time now since release, and i spend atleast between 1-2 hours a day on Argus. My Hunter is a little bit more affected getting dazed like 3-4 times since release. All in all i dont really see the issue, unless ppl are parking their chars mounted in mob piles, but thats asking for getting dazed.....
    +1

the point is a lot of people here play WoW for habit, for raid, but they do not enjoy 90% of other game aspects. So, while doing open world stuff, they watch netflix, alt tab etc. That's why a lot of people whine about daze (or flying or everything that can make them AFK without risk).

Maybe i am the idiot, but when i play a game, well, i play it with 100% focus. I don't do other 100000 stuff because what i am doingis boring to me. If i find a game boring (and it's legit) i just stop play. Easy as that.