Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Was gonna say Argus, but Quel'danas... forgot that.

I suppose QD because it evolved over time, it was nice storytelling. Back when people didn't care about gated quest content. It was also dailies rather than WQs, which I slightly prefer for the first while.

Argus has more variety and storytelling, though. So I guess Argus in terms of story and replayability, Quel'danas in terms of visible world progression and aesthetic. Tanaan in terms of being something new at the end of an expansion. Timeless Isle dead last. A hellhole. At least they learned from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sightless Eye does make Argus a far better experience than what you originally get.

Deleted
    Timeless Isle was a cheerful place, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Velios View Post
    Argus > Quel'Danas > Tanaan > Timeless Isle

I'm actually quite confused why Timeless Isle is getting so much praise. It was fun the first day (getting all the treasures and solving the puzzles), but after that you'd come to realize it's really just a glorified sandbox. They used the "stuck in time" concept as an excuse to avoid a lot of things, so all it really boils down to is an island filled with rares that were designed to make people play for as long as possible. People mention PvP was fun there, which I can understand, but that wasn't because of the isle itself — just that it attracted lots of players to kill. Then there's the thing about all the unique toys and pets, which I think may have contributed a lot.

The other zones all have some sense of story progression, as well as actual daily quests. Argus is definitely the strongest of these three. People have complained about the terrain and not being able to fly, but once you get to know it, navigating the landscape and knowing all the shortcuts makes it more interesting than just running around on a mostly flat island like Quel'Danas or Timeless Isle. The campaign was interesting, albeit a bit short, but it's a hundred times better than what we got on the Broken Shore. The raid isn't even out yet, and there are still at least 2 cinematics to be seen, so I'll reserve judgement on that.

People also give Tanaan a lot of shit, but as a zone in itself, I don't think it's that bad. It was the only one from the list to actually have flying. Tanaan was aesthetically pleasing (to me), contained several different types of environments, and tied in well with the Hellfire Citadel raid. Granted, it quickly got boring, but so did Quel'danas. So did Timeless Isle, and so will Argus, if not already.

Quel'Danas was the first of its kind, so I may be biased due to nostalgia. In hindsight, it's a very small island with very little content. The dailies were repetitive, but in the beginning they supported the story and made the player feel important, regardless of their status. Also, Magister's Terrace remains one of my favourite dungeons to this day.
    ^^^^Pretty much this.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    So, from Isle of Quel'Thanas, Timeless Island, Tanaan Jungle and Argus, which one has been the most fun for you?

For me it was Timeless Isle without a doubt. Especially on PVP servers. It always had something going on and it was always crowded. Simple as that.

The Tanaan Jungle got me for a while with the intensive rare-hunting for the predator title. More intense but did not hold my interest as long as the timeless island.

The least by far has been Argus.
    For End Zones: Argus > Quel'Danas > Timeless Isle > Tanaan

Overall for extra zones added during expansions I think Isle of Thunder wins

Deleted
    Cataclysm and the molten front was really fun, probably a step ahead of Timeless Isle!

Deleted
    Timeless Isle. A lot of things you can do there, even still relevant. And then comes Argus - 3 zones is pretty fun.

I had a fun time with the Isle of Quel'Danas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    What? The problem has always been using your keyboard to turn, not move...

There are no disadvantages to using a keyboard to move.
    Am I missing something here? New fashion? I've always used my keyboard to move, the mouse is used as well, makes traveling on Argus so much easier than just using the mouse or what ever other method someone is using..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Argent Tournament and The isle of the times.
    Oh, loved the Tournament but wasn't really end game zone, was it? Dunno.. I guess it could be called so.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Am I missing something here? New fashion? I've always used my keyboard to move, the mouse is used as well, makes traveling on Argus so much easier than just using the mouse or what ever other method someone is using..
    Yeah, that's what most do because of how efficient it is. Keyboard for movement, mouse for turning.

There is no reason to use mouse only for movement unless you need the extra keybind buttons for additional abilities/macros. Even then, most prefer to get a mouse with buttons over using that style of play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Although they're not counted as End Game Zones because they weren't in the last patch, I actually quite liked the unlock-over-time style of Molten Front and Isle of Thunder and liked those zones. But these days people would just whine "omg the gating" :P
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Timeless Isle by far, it was literally the only one of these that I enjoyed.

It was deeply flawed but it truly felt like a player-created experience, like a giant sandbox. Go back to Timeless Isle now and see how boring and empty it feels; to me it's just testament to how well (intentionally or unintentionally) it was designed. More than anything, it was a place that actually incited player interaction. Crazy talk in the modern day WoW.

Deleted
    Silithus was the best one.

Argus > Isle of Quel'Dalas > Eastern Plaguelands > Tanaan > Timeless Isle

Hands up, hands down, hands left, hands right:
    ARGUS. It feels like a mini expansion. There is no other end-zone in the game comparable to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

I feel like I'm alone with this, but in my opinion Timeless Isle was the worst zone ever created in WoW. The art is copypaste. There are close to no story quests and these few were released at a rate of 1 per week and told nothing new, just repeated the already known. Everything else is endless grind: Camping rares (with bad drop rates and inconsistend respawns), farming coins, grinding reputation. Timeless Isle is probably less than an hour of actual content, but it's filled to the brim with boring repetitive neverending things to waste time for mostly uninteresting rewards. The zone is less exciting than a day at work - which is the absolute opposite of what a game should feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Irlking View Post
    Timeless isle was pretty fun but my server was really unbalanced 90% Alliance 10% Horde. So when I played Alliance char it was amazing, quests being done very quickly and mass farming horde players. When I played my Horde char it was a disaster, trying to get quests done and tag rares in between corpse running.
    Hahahaha.. sorry but couldn't stop laughing about it I see the dilemma right there ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Me. Guy who uses keyboard to get around and has absolutely 0 problems getting around on Argus.
    You. Guy who uses some other method to get around and constantly complains Argus is too difficult.
    I never said it's too difficult, it's just needlessly frustrating when they add three minutes to a journey just to get around a lava pool in a high-walled ravine.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I never said it's too difficult, it's just needlessly frustrating when they add three minutes to a journey just to get around a lava pool in a high-walled ravine.
    It's good then there's nowhere like that In Antorus Wastes then. There are rocks that jut across allowing you to jump across the fel lava. The only way you have this problem is if you go all the way north, go the the bridge, or the easy jumping across the lava point in the south exclusively rather than using the many options that allow you to jump over.

Deleted
    Timeless Isle >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tanaan >>>>>>>>> Argus.
    Both legion shitholes fall far behind TI for the simple reason the Isle was fun enough to be enjoyed despite the wing clip.
    Of the two shitholes, Argus is far worse since we should not expect the wing clip to get removed.