Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    What's Garen from LoL doing in this completely LoL-unrelated game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    You know, I wonder if someone over there was a Battle Chasers fan. Garrison from Battle Chasers vs. Garen from LoL...

I prefer to think of him as guts from berserk, all the characters are pretty cool though I dont know what my main party will be,

Defiantly cali for heals and garrison for being guts. 3rd party is a toss up between the wizard or rogue. But apparently you kinda need gully's rock ability to get items in dungeons
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2017-10-03 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I prefer to think of him as guts from berserk, all the characters are pretty cool though I dont know what my main party will be,

Defiantly cali for heals and garrison for being guts. 3rd party is a toss up between the wizard or rogue. But apparently you kinda need gully's rock ability to get items in dungeons
    Well, Garrison design is borrowed a lot from War of Darksiders - just check illustrations around, even spaulders details are the same

For backers there is a sword skin for Garrison that is the Chaoseater from Darksiders
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Well, Garrison design is borrowed a lot from War of Darksiders - just check illustrations around, even spaulders details are the same

For backers there is a sword skin for Garrison that is the Chaoseater from Darksiders
    I am not sure if you are aware but Battle Chasers, the comic this game is based on, started all the way back in '98 and was created by a guy by the name of Joe Madureira. A few years later, he left the comic industry to get into making games and eventually became creative director at THQ where his biggest success was helping develop none other than Darksiders. There he not only helped write the story but also designed the world and the characters. So, it is more accurate to say that War's design borrows from Garrison's than the other way around.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I am not sure if you are aware but Battle Chasers, the comic this game is based on, started all the way back in '98 and was created by a guy by the name of Joe Madureira. A few years later, he left the comic industry to get into making games and eventually became creative director at THQ where his biggest success was helping develop none other than Darksiders. There he not only helped write the story but also designed the world and the characters. So, it is more accurate to say that War's design borrows from Garrison's than the other way around.
    Yeah, i knew that. One of the reasons why i kickstarted the project. I loke Joe Mad's art style, and this game is REALLY well done. Cannot wait to download it tonight.

It is glorious having a lot of fun with it.

- - - Updated - - -

The boss music is so awesome. Havent have much difficultly yet. Gonna be hard to replace the starting 3 roster. Very nice synergy. Dunno how you can lose Cali or Garrison, they are so good. As is Gully

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrison feels OP as hell early on. A lot of gear though, feels hard to replace, because everything drops stats on top of raising others.

Not played much, but have some questions if anyone can answer.

What is that alternate currency in the first town with the weird shade-like vendor?

I have the proper materials for crafting an item, but still can't craft one. Is there a specific place or something I'm missing to craft things?

How do I turn off controller vibration? Please tell me this is something they didn't overlook, as I can't find it in the options anywhere.

What is the point of fishing outside of collecting?

The boss music is so awesome. Havent have much difficultly yet. Gonna be hard to replace the starting 3 roster. Very nice synergy. Dunno how you can lose Cali or Garrison, they are so good. As is Gully
    Imho Red Monika is better than Gully. But yes, Cali/garrison are way too good to pass over.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Garrison feels OP as hell early on. A lot of gear though, feels hard to replace, because everything drops stats on top of raising others.

Not played much, but have some questions if anyone can answer.

What is that alternate currency in the first town with the weird shade-like vendor?

I have the proper materials for crafting an item, but still can't craft one. Is there a specific place or something I'm missing to craft things?

How do I turn off controller vibration? Please tell me this is something they didn't overlook, as I can't find it in the options anywhere.

What is the point of fishing outside of collecting?
    I think the special coins are found in legendary dungeons and maybe some well hidden places.
    For crafting you need to find a workbench, the first i found was in the first dungeon.
    I think fishing will give cooking/potion materials oh also you can later sell the epic/legendary fishes for gold.

Imho Red Monika is better than Gully. But yes, Cali/garrison are way too good to pass over.
    The rogue pump out the damage does she?

Gullys attack that creates a shield for low hp party member is nice but by no means vital

The rogue pump out the damage does she?

Gullys attack that creates a shield for low hp party member is nice but by no means vital
    Well, going ahead with the story all character are useful and lots of stuff is situational but effective, which should be enough to make you use all characters to a degree. Calibretto is the only actual exception imho because he's the healer.

Also worth considering: difficulty curve isn't skewed but more like a ladder; there are times where you're just pressin A to win, while others you have to put up a strategy even for trash - that's the time when you should grind some levels. Fortunately there are the semi-randomized dungeons which are pretty nice for that (also with the difficulty levels).

Well, going ahead with the story all character are useful and lots of stuff is situational but effective, which should be enough to make you use all characters to a degree. Calibretto is the only actual exception imho because he's the healer.

Also worth considering: difficulty curve isn't skewed but more like a ladder; there are times where you're just pressin A to win, while others you have to put up a strategy even for trash - that's the time when you should grind some levels. Fortunately there are the semi-randomized dungeons which are pretty nice for that (also with the difficulty levels).
    hit that point where I need to grind a bit now, the new dungeon is quite tough.

Had monika for awhile, her random debuff attack is nice as well as her level 2 burst attack. Does the most damage out of the 3.

I feel knolan might have a call for 3rd place but its hard to say, need to see all spells. Level 14 at the moment.

lvl 22 here. Enjoying the game as a little boy

P.D: Just finished the game. 20h, lvl 28, I really enjoy the game. I left a lot of thing to do, like the legendary weapons, buuuuuuuuut was worthg.

10/10!
    Last edited by Soulflayer; 2017-10-07 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulflayer View Post

P.D: Just finished the game. 20h, lvl 28, I really enjoy the game. I left a lot of thing to do, like the legendary weapons, buuuuuuuuut was worthg.

10/10!
    What was your strategy for the lycot berserkers in the Dig dungeon?

They are handing me my ass. I noticed they get more attack power the more you hit them but if you get one or two of them I cant kill them in time and end up getting cleaved down

10/10!
    Holy fuck that was fast. Well, there's the whole NG+ that i suppose will bear the "true ending", plus as you said all the legendary weapons, legendary dungeons, 13 hidden achievements and so on.

And then there's me at level 8 :P

What was your strategy for the lycot berserkers in the Dig dungeon?

They are handing me my ass. I noticed they get more attack power the more you hit them but if you get one or two of them I cant kill them in time and end up getting cleaved down
    Hi! In my first run(im with NG+) I was with Callibreto, Gully, and Garrison. I tryed to pull only one 1 this and use all my damage with Garrison(Blade of Chaos is a lot of usefull here, does a lot of DMG). In my second run(NG+) im running with Monika(I can stealth and select what I want to fight), Alumon(You will get him at the 4º Dungeon or 5º, cant remember) and ofc, Garrison. 0 problems here.

And Coldkil, the fun thing about NG+ is that you can use all the characters since you enter the Tavern for the first time.

In my 1º run I get only 2 weapons of 6, Garrison's and Monika ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had my first wipe. The side quest to kill slimes in the sewers. The boss slime is fucking insanely unstoppable. Cuts your healing in half, and applies a poison that ticks for HUNDREDS of damage.

Also, shields in this game seem to randomly work. Apply a shield for x damage, but still take the same amount of damage from the next attack. Or an attack that wouldn't normally break the shield, still does damage.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2017-10-10 at 08:17 AM.

Hi! In my first run(im with NG+) I was with Callibreto, Gully, and Garrison. I tryed to pull only one 1 this and use all my damage with Garrison(Blade of Chaos is a lot of usefull here, does a lot of DMG). In my second run(NG+) im running with Monika(I can stealth and select what I want to fight), Alumon(You will get him at the 4º Dungeon or 5º, cant remember) and ofc, Garrison. 0 problems here.

And Coldkil, the fun thing about NG+ is that you can use all the characters since you enter the Tavern for the first time.

In my 1º run I get only 2 weapons of 6, Garrison's and Monika ones.
    Very nice to hear Has anyone here tackled legendary difficulty dungeons? I assume one would just complete the game first and level up their characters, then run back and clear them for completion (until they scale with party level).
    I also cannot wait to try the arena - really this is one game that i won't leave until it's 100% done. Including cosmetics and the 13 hidden achievements.

Very nice to hear Has anyone here tackled legendary difficulty dungeons? I assume one would just complete the game first and level up their characters, then run back and clear them for completion (until they scale with party level).
    I also cannot wait to try the arena - really this is one game that i won't leave until it's 100% done. Including cosmetics and the 13 hidden achievements.
    Hi mate! In my second run I was doing all the dungeon in mythic(Is the same as Epic, but you get a legendary chest from it) and with the first dungeon, I enter at lvl 3 and exit at lvl 9. The combo I used was Garrison for flat damage, Alumon for support(Heal & Shields & Mass Haste) and Red Monika for burst(Stealth and ambush literally kills in one shot). The only dungeon that I not did in mythic and I will do it today is the last one. Was a bit upset for the farming needed for the legendary chest and did it in Heroic.

Its difficult?Yes. When I saw the enemies in the 1º dungeon were at lvl 9 and me being 3-4 nearly shits in my pants. But ofc, I have all the perks unlocked for this 3 characters, so was a nice run( I recommend to unlock all the perks for all the characters before enter NG+). Im already beat it in NG+ and the dungeons were a really good challenge.

If you have any question about the game, tip, or whatever, ask it!