Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You can tell from the threads on here when it comes up that society doesn't view drinking and driving as "intentional manslaughter" because 'it was an accident'.

Yeah peoples values when it comes to drinking and driving are completely fucked; and the laws and punishments (at least in the UK) are pathetic.
    To that im just gonna post this.

https://imgur.com/a/UjBZL

and this
    https://imgur.com/a/rHJcC

First picture was the van I was driving going 40. Second picture is the Chevy Malibu that was going the wrong way with no lights on going 65 in the wrong direction that hit me head on... The lady blew a 0.32 at the hospital.. She ended up with a badly broken leg I walked away with some whiplash and physical therapy on my back for a bruised vertebra...

Went to court and almost walked out when the defense went but oh she's a mother she has 2 kids she's never been in trouble and the judge ate it up and gave her i believe it was 3 years probation and time served... In a no fault state too so I couldn't even sue her ass off because no-fault states protect drunk drivers unless someone was permanently disabled in the crash..... So yeah Ill fully agree with you the laws are shit. Drunk drivers are as bad as gun toting mad men... and TBH drunk drivers kill about 2x more people a year than guns.... but people won't ever admit that.
    Last edited by Moshots; 2017-10-03 at 07:48 AM.

So, what is the death toll and who killed people? ISIS or some white supremacist?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    So you prove my point. It doesn't matter that in 2016 alcohol killed nearly 3 times more people than guns. It just matters that it was guns.
    No, I did not prove your point but you are trying a bit too hard to make it look that way. Nice try trolling tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need to give more guns to everyone! Fight fire with fire and gasoline. I heard it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryxxi View Post
    Everything has multiple applications, you can murder people with a lot of stuff. Main application of a Gun is to shoot a living being. You cannot deny that.

Nice try but when was the last massacre with Alcohol ?

The logic of gun lovers...no they end up killing dozens of innocent people.

I just cant understand why people would defend guns so much even after so many killings.
    Alcohol still kills many more people (if you count the diseases it causes as well as DUIs and other accidents) so if death tolls are truly what you care about than alcohol is more deadly on balance than firearms. DUIs alone kill as many people as firearm homicides.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So, what is the death toll and who killed people? ISIS or some white supremacist?
    59 people died 530 injured

No one knows his motivation but he was a white US citizen, I do have to ask why are those your only two options? Does someone have to be a white supremacist to be crazy?

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    That is impossible. There are almost as many guns in the US as there are people (over 300 million). Even if by some miracle we dissolved the 2nd ammandment and people willingly gave up their registered guns (not ever happening), there would still be so many unregistered/illegal guns left over that all the criminals would still easily have access to them.
    Its not impossible, It will just take some time to do. The government could quite easily just do house to house searches of every property in the US with trained dogs to sniff them out and metal detectors. If they don't willingly give up their murder weapons and they are found during the search fine them heavily and shame them. You cant change pple killing pple its in our nature unfortunately but we can control the means to kill pple with. You need to stop the negative lazy defeatist attitude.

Deleted
    If he is a white supremacist, he is pretty bad at it. You know, living with a filipino woman and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Taso View Post
    If someone wants to kill they will not care to pay the price. It’s like a drug addict. If you think they will reason when you jack up the price they will go arm and leg for it. The issue is that the u.s lacks specific mental health. If we could get a bi partisan deal on mental healthcare it would do wonders. Unfortunately democrats nor republicans are willing to strike out that kind of balance.
    See, the fortunate thing is... if you don't have money, you can want to spend as much as you like. Black market arms dealers usually don't give credit easily. And the less weapons you have in circulation, the higher the price will be. The US Government really can steer the black market price simply by how much they crack down on illegal weapon trade. Of course, the goal is to get it as high as possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therionn View Post
    I am not surrendering my protection from any of that. The American people will not surrender their self reliance, their protection, from any of that. Whether it be tyrants, flooding, or a home intruder. We're not going to stop producing them, we're not going to stop buying them, and we're not going to lay down our arms.
    Don't take this the wrong way, but you don't have the proper judgement to make any of these calls. Giving people like you a weapon is a safety hazard for public society.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    No. Dogs suffer damage to their hearing from gun shots as they can't wear ear protection.
    Nobody gives a fuck about those dogs.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems the antifa guy died after his killing spree of 59. Crazy lefties these days...

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    When it affects you and your mates, and you are gun toting law abiding citizens who finally realise the 'value' your guns are at protecting yourself:

Source: https://twitter.com/Calebkeeter/stat...72808110510080
    What a bunch of idiots. They had guns available, but didn't take them out to protect those without?

And they call themselves Americans!

/s

Whoa! The shooter lived here in Reno from 2012 to 2016. We could've met at the gas station or something.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    59 people died 530 injured
    No one knows his motivation but he was a white US citizen, I do have to ask why are those your only two options? Does someone have to be a white supremacist to be crazy?
    No, but this internet forum requires that some ideology, or even better ethnology, is to blame for stuff. People can't live without an enemy they can fight.

- If the guy is muslim, it's because 120% of muslims want Americans to die
    - If the guy is white, it's because he is a supremacist
    - If he is white and is not racist, he must be a crazy leftist (I'm sure that's in these 100 pages somewhere!)

People talk about propaganda and fascism in other countries, and don't realize they're already a victim of it.
    Divide, oppress, kill. That's how people work.
    Last edited by mmoc1848483d5d; 2017-10-03 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    Its not impossible, It will just take some time to do. The government could quite easily just do house to house searches of every property in the US with trained dogs to sniff them out and metal detectors. If they don't willingly give up their murder weapons and they are found during the search fine them heavily and shame them. You cant change pple killing pple its in our nature unfortunately but we can control the means to kill pple with. You need to stop the negative lazy defeatist attitude.
    You're right. Thats why prohibition was so successful back in the early 1900s. And why the war on drugs currently is such a resounding success.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by captmcneil View Post
    No, but this internet forum requires that some ideology, or even better ethnology, is to blame for stuff. People can't live without an enemy they can fight.

- If the guy is muslim, it's because 120% of muslims want Americans to die
    - If the guy is white, it's because he is a supremacist
    - If he is white and is not racist, he must be a crazy leftist (I'm sure that's in these 100 pages somewhere!)

People talk about propaganda and fascism in other countries, and don't realize they're already a victim of it.
    Divide, oppress, kill. That's how people work.
    What's scarier, a white supremacist/ISIS supporter doing this or a random joe schmoe doing it and the police not finding one shred of evidence as to why he did it. No manifest, nothing on his internet history. He just wanted to kill people for no reason. It's easier to cope with these shootings if said person had some form of motivation for doing it.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    All you Americans harping on about the 2nd amendment will be so embarrassed when it finally comes to light that the founding fathers made a typo and it should actually have said "the right to arm bears"; their vision of the perfect US was a citizenry guarded by gun-toting grizzlies.

Jokes aside, this was a terrible tragedy and I can't even express in words how crushed I am for the people who were there and affected by it. It's crazy how as the night went on the number of people reported killed and injured just continued to skyrocket. I dearly hope that something can be done soon to prevent a repeat of this in the near future.

The shooter's brother says the shooter was a millionaire. That would put him in the 1%.

The victims can sue the hell out of his estate.

The shooter also was known to have a gambling problem so maybe he lost his money?

Also the shooter's dad was a notorious bank robber who escaped prison for a time but never killed anyone.
    Last edited by Independent voter; 2017-10-03 at 10:30 AM.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjavitis View Post
    You're right. Thats why prohibition was so successful back in the early 1900s. And why the war on drugs currently is such a resounding success.
    less guns in circulation leads to less pple getting killed by guns logic is hard ...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trihan View Post
    All you Americans harping on about the 2nd amendment will be so embarrassed when it finally comes to light that the founding fathers made a typo and it should actually have said "the right to arm bears"; their vision of the perfect US was a citizenry guarded by gun-toting grizzlies.

Jokes aside, this was a terrible tragedy and I can't even express in words how crushed I am for the people who were there and affected by it. It's crazy how as the night went on the number of people reported killed and injured just continued to skyrocket. I dearly hope that something can be done soon to prevent a repeat of this in the near future.
    I think this is what they meant:

Quote Originally Posted by Moadar View Post
    Yes they will keep dying. People only care when it happens by guns and gets big shocking press coverage. When people are killed nearly 3x more in alcohol related deaths where are all the forum posts? Wheres John Stewart pleading about doing something about drunks? Wheres Kimmel crying to have limits put on alcohol or banning it out right? When car accidents kill a ton of people there are no posts, theres no one pleading to put governors on vehicles to limit how fast they can accelerate or limit top speeds.

Why?

Because YOU and everyone else don't actually care about people losing their lives.
    YOU only care about limiting/banning guns because you have an axe to grind with the part that supports it or you don't care for guns so you don't think anyone should own them.
    But you probably drink or do on occasion and don't want that infringed on even though it would save lives.
    You probably speed on occasion or don't want your ability to drive inhibited in anyway even though it would save lives.
    Nope YOU, Kimmel, Stewart...ect just don't give a shit about actual lives you only care about the guns.
    Alcohol is self inflicted. Gun murder isn't.