Poll: So are you going to press the button?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only know the version where someone you DO know dies, but whatever.
    With the other one, I'd at least be somewhat conflicted and would make a list of all the people that I know AND like and figure out what the odds are of actually getting one of them. With this it's not even a question, hell yeah I'd press it. And even if I die myself from someone else pressing the button, I couldn't reasonably be mad at anyone for doing it.

I'd rather have a clear conscience than be filthy rich, so I'd just take the 1000 and be on my merry way.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    No, but I also have morals.

"Those who do not weep, do not see." - Victor Hugo

People die all the time, people that you don't know...

So...!

*Presses that red button repeatedly*

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    People die all the time, people that you don't know...

So...!

*Presses that red button repeatedly*
    to be blunt about: would you still press the button if you would know your will die in a not so distant future by the same system ?
    you'll die, but also be able to spend the 5 m while it lasts. the millions are real, nobody wants to ask you about.

I'd ask half the money upfront, press it, get the other half and then break the machine. And maybe kill the guy making the offer, just to make sure nothing will come to bite me in the ass about it later.

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    This isn't new at all... Welcome to 5 years ago.

alternatively, welcome to 7 years ago I'm pretty sure someone will have done this before them too.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I'd ask half the money upfront, press it, get the other half and then break the machine. And maybe kill the guy making the offer, just to make sure nothing will come to bite me in the ass about it later.

Nothing can go wrong and bite you in the ass, amirite ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Alright this isn't a new concept, but it's a new day, new year and time in our lives, so it's back. "The Button."

Here is the deal you receive a knock at the door, when you open it up a tall man in a long coat with a briefcase and something under his arm tells you he has come with business that includes giving you $5,000,000 U.S Dollars CASH, No taxes.

Of course there is a catch, to receive this money all you have to do is press a red button. That's it. However doing so you are informed that if they press the button someone you DON'T know will die. That's it would you press the button.

This is a big decision, and as such since it's later in the evening you get until 5:00PM exactly tomorrow to decide.

However in the meantime you are given $1,000 to spend however you like, and you keep it whether you decide to press the button or not.

SO NOW, the Fate of someone you don't know is in your hands and of course so is.

I know where this is going.

After pressing the button, you are given the money, and the man in the tall coat takes the button back, intending to pass it on to someone you DONT know.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    Nothing can go wrong and bite you in the ass, amirite ?
    I did briefly consider he might be a part of some shadowy organization that wouldn't take kindly to me killing one of their own. But only briefly.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liftbrul View Post
    I did briefly consider he might be a part of some shadowy organization that wouldn't take kindly to me killing one of their own. But only briefly.
    shadowy or not: having a dead body on your floor is usually a sign of troubles to come... like arrests and jail time or death row, you know ?
    you've earned 5m, why not leave it at that ?

press it in a heart beat, immediately spend 4 million of the money knowing that I'm not part of the system and could die at any minute. the last mill would be set aside for funs while i wait to die. Better to have a short full life than a long one imo.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BelziBhaal View Post
    I'd whip out my love muscle and slam it on the button as hard as I could.
    Hahahaha what the fuck

10+ Year Old Account
    i didn't even read your post before voting
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

was it explained in the movie how the killings were triggered ?
    What movie? Not sure if this is based on as movie or anything. I just came up with the answer.

In the movie, it's always the woman that presses the button. The husbands always hesitate and let the time run out.

5 Million and somebody I don't know kicks it?

HOw many times am I allowed to price it. I'd like to hit a cool 5 billion or so.

of course somebody else dies and it could be very well somebody you know. all it needs to happen this way is the next button presser is totally removed from you and all your relatives and friends.
    so what is it that you are suggesting, exactly? that i should feel responsible for someone else's choice as well as my own? I cannot really stop someone else from choosing to kill. I can only chose for myself, to not kill. and in theory - sure I could just kill the button offerer. in theory. in practice - I don't know if they are lying or being honest. so there's also a chance that if I kill them, i killed a prankster, not a murder tempter. the only course of action that I can see that keeps my conscience clear and hopefully keeps people from dying is telling them i'll think about it, knowing that I won't be pushing any buttons and then calling the cops so that they can take the button holder in. thread of murder is enough of a probable cause for arrest and investigation.

if they are supernatural being? then no matter WHAT I do I'm probably fucked so at least I won't have the direct responsibility for someone death by actualy pushing said button.

No. Even as much as I need that kind of cash, murdering a random person is wrong. Full stop.

Now if I could choose who got killed....