Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    I pity people who still put their full trust in Bethesda after the mess that was Fallout 4. Granted DOOM was good but...

Quote Originally Posted by DrMcNinja View Post
    I pity people who still put their full trust in Bethesda after the mess that was Fallout 4. Granted DOOM was good but...
    That Doom was actually good is more of a detriment to them actually. Bethesda did not believe in Doom at all, as can be seen from the very lackluster marketing, and the lack of review copies and such. They also seemed out of touch with the horrible multiplayer beta, when I think pretty much everyone agrees that the singleplayer is phenomenal, and why you would buy it. Granted Doom was a risky venture, as the old-school fast-paced shooter has not been explored much for a long time, outside of a few games such as Shadow Warrior.

hmmmm

I wonder if this will come to the switch version of skyrim?

If so that's one work around to getting mods on the switch skyrim since nintendo doesn't want mods period.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Can just imagine trying to play Bethesda games without mods - heck, even playing Skyrim mainstory would have been impossible without having Unofficial patch to fix it.

"Ooh, you're Dragonborn? Lemme open this door."
    ..5 minutes later door still locked..
    "Well, shit".
    I have played every one of them without a single mod.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Possibly either got lucky or played after Bethesda had fixed those.

Looking at list of things Unofficial Patch fixes.. well, it's still very long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    As have I.

Between Oblivion's fucky vampire faces, Skyrims bugged Vaermina quest, Fallout 3's bugged liberty prime etc...

I say never again will I submit myself to playing an unmodded (Or console version of a) Bethesda game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    As have I.

Between Oblivion's fucky vampire faces, Skyrims bugged Vaermina quest, Fallout 3's bugged liberty prime etc...

I say never again will I submit myself to playing an unmodded (Or console version of a) Bethesda game.
    only game i played without mods was oblivion and morrowwind. skyrim on the other hand i didn't even pick up until it had a large active modding scene because i hated the lack of a leveling system, the removal of more schools of magic, the ui,the removal of shortswords, the removal of silver weapons, the way ores didn't glow bright enough (if you don't 20/20 vision you can barely see them at all or can miss them entirely.),the vampire dlc causing random npc deaths making parts of the game unfinishable,the removal of so many types of monsters making the game world boring after the first couple dozen hours, the fact that horse mounts STILL aren't essential npc's ESPECIALLY in a place skyrim with LOTS of cliffs that they can die off of. (yeah i know there's shadowmere but still you have to complete the brotherhood questline to get it and what if my character doesn't want to be an assassin?) the ability to skip the tedious and time wasting tutorial,the ability to mass smelt ores, and many other mods i use. including a succubus race mod. so hot.
    skyrim mods: 206
    oblibion mods: 30+
    morrowwind mods:2-3

- - - Updated - - -

Can just imagine trying to play Bethesda games without mods - heck, even playing Skyrim mainstory would have been impossible without having Unofficial patch to fix it.

"Well, shit".
    there were some hilarious game bugs though like the one were you could easily get the noble character's to fight each other in the solitude dungeon in the civil war to death but since they are marked as essential.....it never stops.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    The thing is that Creation Club went down the disaster route right from the get go. I doubt criticism would be so much high if there was actually some decent content in it and not just some insignificant bullshit, or just a watered down version of something that the free mods already have.

My biggest gripe with Bethesda is that they've became very lazy developers because they've got the modding community. What's the big, new feature of Fallout 4 which isn't just an improvement to something or an addition? The settlement building system and even that felt lazy, rushed and blatantly unfinished, but Todd Howard is all smiling and shaking hands with Pete Hines, because here comes the modding community to help them. And then they 'repay' them with the Creation Club. New Vegas got a free pass because the entire development had to be rushed because Obsidian was working under shitty conditions, but hardly anybody talks about when our golden cow is brought up. Or well, that used to be the case, since I've recently witnessed the media writing about the thing, although in a very 'weak punch' way.
    what golden cow are we talking about?
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2017-10-01 at 02:16 PM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Because we're getting tired of this broken fucking record. Companies pull this bullshit all the time, and inevitably people DEFEND them. People like Silvercrown make posts on forums across the internet trying to make people fucking wake up and not accept this crap, but nobody listens, or worse, people defend the company. I Push Buttons's post above is an absolutely perfect example of what the problem is, but nobody seems to care and continues to support said companies for doing this bullshit, which just perpetuates the problem.
    People seem to take this fall to personally if you don't like it don't support it that's what I'm doing and trying to wake up about it is just silly. Most people on pc will know about modding and probably not buy it probably the same on Xbox if similar mods exist the only market the club seems to really have st the moment is play station and if I was on play station I wouldn't care about being "woken up" id care about my game being better even if it cost a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

"Well, shit".
    I originally played on PS3 when It first came out only ever had 1 quest breaking bug and it wasn't a main quest for well over 200 hours before I got the pc version:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I originally played on PS3 when It first came out only ever had 1 quest breaking bug and it wasn't a main quest for well over 200 hours before I got the pc version:
    Well, that example was from my own personal experience (PC).

"For many, Esbern will be severely glitched. His sound files may not play, which leads to him standing in silence. As a consequence, it is impossible to proceed in the quest "A Cornered Rat"."

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Esbern_(Skyrim)#Bugs

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    As of 2015 it's 14% of total. This doesn't seperate digital from physical.

The whole digital phisical things means nothing when it comes to skyrim. No mater how you bought it you got it on steam. Steam sales are able to be tracked.
    Sorry to bring this old post from a few weeks ago, but I think this is not true.

According to Steamspy, Skyrim is sitting at 11 million plus, fair enough this is in 2017. I'll not do the math, but that is a lot more than 14%.

As for Statisticbrain. I am unable to see any confirmation they track Steam sales so I think those numbers are for retail only and not those purchased directly on Steam. Fair enough Skyrim was a steamworks games, but that does not mean it's tracking direct steam sales.

If steamspy is correct and 11 million sales is only 14% then we have the biggest selling game of all time in Skyrim. A quick google search suggest 22 million in total so going by steamspy, PC sales are at 50%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    As of 2015 it's 14% of total. This doesn't seperate digital from physical.

The whole digital phisical things means nothing when it comes to skyrim. No mater how you bought it you got it on steam. Steam sales are able to be tracked.

This shows that most of the people that bought skyrim when it came out didn't give 2 fucks about mods.
    Sorry to bring this old post from a few weeks ago, but I don't think this is true.

According to Steamspy, Skyrim is sitting at 11 million plus, fair enough this is in 2017. I'll not do the math, but that is a lot more than 14%.

As for Statisticbrain. I am unable to see any confirmation they track Steam sales so I think those numbers are for retail only and not those purchased directly on Steam. Fair enough Skyrim was a steamworks games, but that does not mean it's tracking direct steam sales.

If steamspy is correct and 11 million sales is only 14% then we have the biggest selling 'modern' game of all time in Skyrim. A quick google search suggest 22 million in total so going by steamspy, PC sales are at 50%.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBeeWolfer View Post
    Sorry to bring this old post from a few weeks ago, but I don't think this is true.

If steamspy is correct and 11 million sales is only 14% then we have the biggest selling 'modern' game of all time in Skyrim. A quick google search suggest 22 million in total so going by steamspy, PC sales are at 50%.
    Steamspy is not accurate, they even say so themselves for this game and others like it and note it with an asterisk/explanation next to the number.

Skyrim has had multiple "free weekends" on steam. Anyone who logged into steam during those periods, even if they didn't even download the game or launch it, had it added to their library during the event and thus added to Steamspy's count of people who owned the game.

So the number is wildly innaccurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Steamspy is not accurate, they even say so themselves for this game and others like it and note it with an asterisk/explanation next to the number.

Skyrim has had multiple "free weekends" on steam. Anyone who logged into steam during those periods, even if they didn't even download the game or launch it, had it added to their library during the event and thus added to Steamspy's count of people who owned the game.

So the number is wildly innaccurate.
    You are correct that steamspy shows the inaccuracies, but only for Owners, not total players which is of a less value.

I was lead to believe it's pretty close to accurate from various developers. Well within 10% according to some.

Fair enough though if it's not accurate, but if it steamspy has it wrong, then I doubt statisticbrain has it right as there is no mention whatsoever of tracking steam sales on their website. Only Online surveys, Phone surveys, In-Person Interviews, and Direct Mail Questionnaires, unless of course they got an interview from one of the developers.
    Last edited by mmoc2d22b88b1e; 2017-10-01 at 11:37 PM. Reason: mistake

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RumbleBeeWolfer View Post
    You are correct that steamspy shows the inaccuracies, but only for Owners, not total players which is of a less value.

I was lead to believe it's pretty close to accurate from various developers. Well within 10% according to some.

Fair enough though if it's not accurate, but if it steamspy has it wrong, then I doubt statisticbrain has it right as there is no mention whatsoever of tracking steam sales on their website. Only Online surveys, Phone surveys, In-Person Interviews, and Direct Mail Questionnaires, unless of course they got an interview from one of the developers.
    I mean we have literally been given the figures by Bethesda... The last number they gave to the press was 30 million copies sold.

We know from retail tracking that 19+ million physical copies were sold for consoles. It is a safe bet that several million additional copies were sold digitally on consoles (we have no idea how many, neither party has released those figures), but there is no reason to think it isn't similar to other games that have released those figures (IE: ~20%+ of console sales are digital). So that is an additional ~5+ million copies on console.

So we are at ~24+ million on console. The earlier source I linked back from the guy you quoted estimated ~6 million copies sold on Steam based on their own tracker data (from before there were ever any free weekends). ~24 + ~6 = ~30.

TL;DR:
    Your "various developer" friends are full of shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    We know from retail tracking that 19+ million physical copies were sold for consoles. It is a safe bet that several million additional copies were sold digitally on consoles (we have no idea how many, neither party has released those figures), but there is no reason to think it isn't similar to other games that have released those figures (IE: ~20%+ of console sales are digital). So that is an additional ~5+ million copies on console.

So we are at ~24+ million on console. The earlier source I linked back from the guy you quoted estimated ~6 million copies sold on Steam based on their own tracker data (from before there were ever any free weekends). ~24 + ~6 = ~30.

TL;DR:
    Your "various developer" friends are full of shit.
    I had no idea Skyrim sold 19+ million physical copies for consoles. That's some achievement. Is there a source for this?

The steam data you are referring to (before there were ever any free weekends), is 2014 right? At this point Skyrim was sitting at 20 million sold. 6 million of those are Steam sales. This is 30% of unit sales. You can't believe that the additional 10 million between 2014-2017 is made up of nothing but console sales.

My original point was that PC sales account for more than 14% and that this figure is purely based on retail.
    Last edited by mmoc2d22b88b1e; 2017-10-02 at 12:55 PM. Reason: fix

"Well, shit".
    I played it and beat it/unlocking everything - and I was even on the shittiest version of them all, the PS3 version, so I had no access to mods whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    As have I.

I notice you didn't write Fallout 4 up there. Is there a reason for it?

I say this because, IMO, F4 was possibly one of the least buggiest games Bethesda has produced (Notice I did NOT say bug-free! Do note that before you jump all over me! >_<). I was actually shocked at how few bugs I ran into that game vs Skyrim's classic bugs like Mammoths falling from the sky n' such.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I played it and beat it/unlocking everything - and I was even on the shittiest version of them all, the PS3 version, so I had no access to mods whatsoever.

- - - Updated - - -

I say this because, IMO, F4 was possibly one of the least buggiest games Bethesda has produced (Notice I did NOT say bug-free! Do note that before you jump all over me! >_<). I was actually shocked at how few bugs I ran into that game vs Skyrim's classic bugs like Mammoths falling from the sky n' such.
    Mostly played F4 with mods. My only non-modded playthrough went fine but that was because I played it as safe as possible.

That said Fallout 4 is probably the game which reacts most poorly towards PC's with anything above 60 FPS
    Between clipboards dropping like stones, dialogue overlapping between lines, out of sync radios, suicidal cows, dead body parts stretching into unnatural positions, shivering trees that look like they're experiencing the apocalypse all over again and vertibird pilots flying through the air in a seating position without a vertibird (all of which I experienced after upgrading my computer until I capped the FPS to 60) I'd say Fallout 4 is probably one of the most fragile games they've got. Behind Skyrim that is.

Seriously, fuck Bethesda's engines.
    Last edited by Aeula; 2017-10-03 at 02:58 PM.

"For many, Esbern will be severely glitched. His sound files may not play, which leads to him standing in silence. As a consequence, it is impossible to proceed in the quest "A Cornered Rat"."

That is typical Bethesda. Gamebreaking bugs in the main campaign forcing you to restart and hope it doesn't happen the next time. It's unreal the lack of quality testing they put into their products. Worst gaming company by far. Same shit happened in Fallout 4 with unfixed main campaign or side campaign bugs.

10+ Year Old Account

Had that issue too. Managed to fix it on PC after an hour of resetting the quest, that didn't work so I had to break into his house, beat him unconscious, disable him, reset the quest again, tcl out, leave the area and then enable him again.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They probably stream lined out the bugs like they did all the rpg elements.

But no fallout 4 did have very little bugs that I saw. But it also had the first bug I've had in one of there games that I would say is game breaking where what ever companion I picked up would get stuck on the predwin for ever. I ended up rushing that save though the main story and ignoring every thing else as side quest and exploring didn't seem as good without companions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    That is typical Bethesda. Gamebreaking bugs in the main campaign forcing you to restart and hope it doesn't happen the next time. It's unreal the lack of quality testing they put into their products. Worst gaming company by far. Same shit happened in Fallout 4 with unfixed main campaign or side campaign bugs.
    I wouldn't think a game having bugs make them the worse gaming company I'd say more shady things like ea does makes a bad company.

And if you don't break an rpg atlest once or twice your not playing an rpg right if you ask me.