Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    Could you explain to me how the hell the "Resistance" survived 25k (yes..25000) years if demons are everywhere? Plus everything supposed to corrupted by fel..but hey...animals and plants exists happily...This whole planet is just a surreal idiotic idea from the low level "brains" of Blizzard
    I am not sure why you think this is any way a valid argument against the principle that roads on Argus will be patrolled by demons.

Also, you should be very careful before attributing someone's idea idiotic. Just because you fail to see the merit doesn't mean the merit is lacking, it could mean that you simply lack the capacity to see it.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got my lock to 110 last night and was in Broken shore farming nethershards for dauntless pieces to fill the holes i didnt have unsullied 880 pieces for. That "squish 50 worms" quest was up. I normally do this mounted on my tanks and was about to stroll in unthinkingly. Right before touching the ground i paused and asked myself how likely it was that i would get dazed. "Nah, im sure ill be fine." Literally the instant i touch the ground - dazed and dismounted by the 9 hostile mobs that spawned underneath me. Then i have to spend 20s killing all these fucking worms on an under geared character. The whole time im thinking about all the truly terrible things i would like to do to the people at Blizzard who think that the daze mechanic is somehow game-enhancing.

The fact that some crafted item is necessary to do the most basic of content is patently fucking absurd. Its getting to the point to where i simply wont play any class that doesnt have a tank spec.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-03 at 03:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Just let me gear against Daze like in the past and maybe the mechanic will not be so annoying anymore.
    Gear against daze? You mean, Prydaz?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I take it you weren't around when tanks were dazeable? It was a thing. Fucking great in dungeons and raids.
    Well, that was a -very- short timeframe during Cata I believe, when they removed Defense stat (Defense reduced chance of daze considerably to a point of non-existant even long before uncrushable/crittable cap) but didn't compensate by making tanks immune to it by default.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    You merely adopted the daze. I was born in it, molded by it.

You are making me have a panic attack!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Would be a good example if it was a reliable way of gearing. Been playing this expansion without breaks and never seen it on any of my characters.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    I do spec into Blood and run around Argus. But it's just ridiculous that it's a thing people have to do in the first place. There's no positive gameplay aspect to it.

Like Death plays a big part of this game, the whole game is based around not achieving it. It serves a purpose the whole game revolves around. So death is obviously a negative thing to have happen. But it serves a clear purpose the entire game revolves around.

Daze serves absolutely no purpose. It's an outdated inconvenience just like reagents.

Yeh they can delete all the irrelevant mobs from the game if they want. There aren't many of those though, almost all of them are involved in quests.
    Separates the players who are to ignorant to find away around a problem and those who are good enough to get around it. It is not my fault if you are unwilling to help yourself and just want to complain about the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Maybe those idiots should just not play MMO's if they are going directly against what you say is what MMO's do.

"Wow I went to McDonalds and asked for some KFC and they didn't give it to me! Change your Menu McDonalds! I shouldn't have to go somewhere else!"
    Well said. WoW created some real monsters with WoD and the "raid-log"-mentality that was encouraged for so long prior to WoD.
    If people want a game they can pick up, win and put down within the exact time frame they've set, MMORPG's shouldn't be where they look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Bring back the MoP Rare elites. I loved watching people try to ignore the special attacks and get melted
    It is even happening now and then on Argus rares, makes me chuckle. But yes, the MoP rares were more entertaining.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by allatar View Post
    Lol sorry, but it really is worth it in the end.

Promise.
    I am going to be a mess.. so much to farm for! I hate my mind!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanhyali View Post
    I feel this is a winner, if more people could realize and think about this before starting heated discussions about the subject on the forums i think the community would look a lot better then it does in it current state.
    Heated discussions are in the end not built on the dazing subject but the subject of people failing to navigate. Hehe.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    The old defense stat used to protect you from being dazed. Clothies were more susceptible to it. Plate wearers were largely immune.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Would be a good example if it was a reliable way of gearing. Been playing this expansion without breaks and never seen it on any of my characters.
    Prydaz has become an introduction for all my plate classes, always been the first one, hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilan View Post
    The old defense stat used to protect you from being dazed. Clothies were more susceptible to it. Plate wearers were largely immune.
    Wasn't what I meant, I meant in this day, 'gear against daze' is basically just Prydaz. I know the old system but don't really want a stat returning for something so minimal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Maybe those idiots should just not play MMO's if they are going directly against what you say is what MMO's do.

"Wow I went to McDonalds and asked for some KFC and they didn't give it to me! Change your Menu McDonalds! I shouldn't have to go somewhere else!"
    Made me chuckle, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What the heck are you talking about?
    There is no thinking there. You use an item or you play as tank. It's either a gold sink or a time sink.

It adds nothing intresting, there is nothing fun about it. It's pointless.
    Or you look around and pick a better path and avoid things. If you don't you end up in combat for a few seconds and move on. Is making a harm free safe run form one quest to the next fun?

Maybe this will help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Echnew View Post
    Dazing can only occur from behind, just strafe everywhere on daze-able toons to avoid the mechanic entirely. (Your back is not actually behind your character when you strafe, it's toward the screen.). A little practice and you will never get dazed ever again.
    Last edited by Alvito; 2017-10-03 at 03:14 PM.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    You cant gear for mitigating something using a RNG drop if you dont have the RNG drop.

Herald of the Titans DocSavageFan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I need more things to put into my bags.
    "Never get on the bad side of small minded people who have a little power." - Evelyn (Gifted)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one. While annoying, daze does serve a purpose (don't make me spell it out for you...). Arrows and reagents for buffing served little to no purpose, other than to be something you had to remember to do, that most others didn't have to partake in their toolkit.
    Id REALLY like u to tell u what purpose daze serves outside of pvp.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Problem: WoW and other MMOs make you jump through hoops of boring grind to be able to minmax/raid properly. As soon as you enter group content and are confronted with the expectations of others, the "I only do things that are fun to me" approach no longer works, because your raid spot will go to someone who IS willing to do the menial/boring tasks and thus outperforms you b/c Blizzard sees to it that the boring stuff is "rewarding".
    Then the player clearly isn't wishing to pull his/her part of the raid, if someone can out do them just because they 'worked' on their class.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    That's why people watch Netflix while doing faceroll boring world content.
    What? Other don't do this? I have through the years of WoW had a movie, or music, or netflix (of course later in the years), or audio books or even a different game running while playing. Not because I find it boring but because it calms me more. On average through raiding, I have a movie and music running as well (Yes, I'm weird)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The only reason we can't fly in the other zones is becuase Blizzard did not want to spend enough time making the zones. There is no gameplay idea or philosophy behind it. They just saved money by not having to do all the texures and such.
    Before flying existed in the game, making textures for anything we could not see from the ground would have been wasteful expenditure. And not only would it have cost them more time and money to make all that detail, it also would have had a negative effect on game performance too.

That being said, in the post-flying era Blizzard have designed all their zones with flight in mind. Their rationale behind preventing us from flying has nothing to do with them trying to save development costs, it's entirely about their philosophy that the game is more immersive when characters are constrained to the ground.

And before you respond to that, bear in mind that I am personally a pro-flier who disagrees with that philosophy on the basis that immersion is not always a good thing - it's a good thing for new content that players need to explore, but it becomes tiresome once the territory becomes familiar.

Personally I am fine with Argus. I think they really did a great job of creating the hellish environment. Do I find the difficulty of navigation annoying? Mildly, yes. But it does make the environment more engaging, and this is a computer game, it's meant to engage the players. For me (and many others I'd bet) the merit of the zone is not contingent on the convenience factor. In the long term it will become more annoying than it's worth, and at that point I do hope that Blizzard are sensible and bring flying to the zone, but all this whining right now lacks, IMO, any semblance of merit.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Id REALLY like u to tell u what purpose daze serves outside of pvp.
    It is a punishment for being ignorant of your surroundings. You should not be able to ride by an elite mob without him having the opportunity to dismount you and pick a fight. The purpose is to improve world immersion. If an large demon hits you in the back with a halberd, there is a high likelihood that he is pulling you off that horse, but if he hits your from the side or front you have the ability to defensively absorb the shot and keep on riding by. So either put on the leatherworking item, put on Pridaz(a damage absorbing shield) or L2P by strafing and avoiding combat......or go back to your Mobile game where you get your instant gratification by posting it to twatter.
    Last edited by Chaelexi; 2017-10-03 at 03:29 PM.

Daze should not exist. It only ever serves as an annoyance. I always switch to tank spec before I run through anywhere now since tanks cannot be dazed.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    It is a punishment for being ignorant of your surroundings. You should not be able to ride by an elite mob without him having the opportunity to dismount you and pick a fight. The purpose is to improve world immersion.
    This might be true if the mob density around world quests were not so ludicrously high. Back in the day getting wrecked by the occasional elite while out and about? Yes, sure im dumb, go ahead and dismount me. Punishing someone for trying to get to a world quest on the other side of a dense forest of elite mobs that are sometimes regular mobs but every so often become elite mobs because reasons? Fuck that noise.

Or you could just be a tank and completely ignore every mob as you ride around pulling everything in sight with nary a care in the world.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2017-10-03 at 03:36 PM.