Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    You prove my point again Americans seem to like fucking themselves and appeal to there rights (dated back over 200 years ago) instead of common sense and logic.

The firearm related death rate per 100,000 for the USA was 14.24 (1993); 4.31 in Canada (1992); 0.41 in England and Wales (1992) and 0.05 in Japan (1994)
    Look, I dont know what your point is. You are trying to compare different cultures and expect everything to be the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    But it isn’t down to you to classify mass shootings. Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but opinion is all it is. You could always express your opinion to the CRS but I doubt they would listen.
    You are right, it isnt down to me. However, if you hear a stat that says there has been 500 mass shootings in the US. The typical ignorant person would think "Wow there have been 500 instances where a shooting has taken place and 20, 30, 50 innocent people have been killed by a looney." when it is mostly 2 people injured while firing at a third gang member. Or a drive by in which 5 gang members were shot. Those are vastly different scenarios, with (baring a ban) vastly different solutions. And just because a gang related shooting takes place on the front lawn of a school at 2AM does not mean it is a "School shooting" in the traditional sense. It makes the situation in the US worse then it actually is.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-10-03 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Look, I dont know what your point is. You are trying to compare different cultures and expect everything to be the same.
    I know stats are hard but I will interpret them for the simple minded American. The 2nd Amendment your supposed right to bear arms needs to be scrapped as gun laws in your country kill more people than any other country in the world by a significant margin. And America is meant to be super power? a civilised country? Your culture needs to change to stop these needless deaths you do that by changing the laws banning guns and stop producing them is the obvious solution.

less guns in circulation leads to less pple getting killed by guns logic is hard ...
    Well, that will stop all those law abiding citizens from killing people, but what about the criminals? I mean criminals follow the law right? Oh wait. Yea, logic is hard alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    It's suggest they're realizing something you yourself believe. Seriously, you suck at wording shit. Not my fault.
    What? That's a huge assumption to make. You're insane if you think "they believe" means "I believe".

You suck at reading and now you're making shit up to try and save face. You can't. You lost pages ago. You look foolish at BEST.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

I know stats are hard but I will interpret them for the simple minded American. The 2nd Amendment your supposed right to bear arms needs to be scrapped as gun laws in your country kill more people than any other country in the world by a significant margin. And America is meant to be super power? a civilised country? Your culture needs to change to stop these needless deaths you do that by changing the laws banning guns and stop producing them is the obvious solution.
    Our culture isnt going to change because you ban guns. Half the people in this country cant stand the other half in this country because of who they voted for. Removing guns wont change that shit.

...and we are done. Look, I am happy to have a civil conversation, but if you need to name call and demean we are through. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-10-03 at 06:03 PM.

the reason this wouldnt work in America is be cause the proliferation of guns here is like no other country on the planet. There are millions and millions of guns...that we know about. Come up with a law...or a thousand laws...not one of them will magically make those guns vanish. Nor will it make people that want to murder people vanish.

What i want to know is how people seem to have all these ideas/opinions on how to fix the "gun problem" when no one seems to care about figuring out why the fuck people want to kill each other.

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    I fully realise that the vast majority of “mass shootings” are gang related, but does that in anyway reduce the need curtail the number of illegal guns in circulation?
    Not at all, and I am first in line to help find solutions to the issue. Which means if we have a lot of guns entering the black market via FFL dealers, then the ATF needs to change their application process and make it tougher to get a FFL, among other things. Just dont sit there (not you, but others) and say we need to ban "Assault rifles" and think we solved the issue. If the majority of deaths from gun violence is due to hand guns implement laws to reduce that number. Otherwise its like saying the way to reduce highway fatalities is by reducing the speed limit on city streets.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-10-03 at 06:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    the reason this wouldnt work in America is be cause the proliferation of guns here is like no other country on the planet. There are millions and millions of guns...that we know about. Come up with a law...or a thousand laws...not one of them will magically make those guns vanish. Nor will it make people that want to murder people vanish.

What i want to know is how people seem to have all these ideas/opinions on how to fix the "gun problem" when no one seems to care about figuring out why the fuck people want to kill each other.
    Many of us know why people kill each other. The problem is that you can't prevent it without restricting, or removing, the rights those people have. Even then you'll have random people who seem 100% normal and happy who turn out to be the worst of humanity and can't be planned for and are very difficult, if not impossible, to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Our culture isnt going to change because you ban guns. Half the people in this country cant stand the other half in this country because of who they voted for. Guns wont change that shit.

...and we are done. Look, I am happy to have a civil conversation, but if you need to name call and demean we are through. Have a nice day.
    Your gun culture will change if you have zero access to guns if u cant shoot with a gun you have no culture with said gun and wouldn't that be nice for all of us.

15+ Year Old Account
    They won't do anything about it because they will reduce it always to some traditionalist kind of narrative. So one day in the future it will become right to bear phaser cannons and temporal flux disruptors because one day in the past someone was writing something within the context of his time. In my opinion the whole reason for this being added to the constitution was to prevent normal citizens becoming prey of their own government or of invaders. However it's unlikely that it would achieve any of its goals these days. It's more likely that more opportunities arise to allow more shootings to happen than those opportunities which the amendment was originally aiming at. The amendment was written during a time when technologies had a rather foreseeable and limited impact, and also when society was differently structured. They didn't know what might be possible one day, it's for the same reason why ancient land laws are not acceptable anymore that ancient gun laws shouldn't enjoy some sort of eternity clauses: Times have changed and thus have outdated modalities. I guess each country has its kind of debates that can't be led unemotionally and with reason and rationale, in the USA it's gun laws, in Germany it's speed limits on highways, they all rely on kneejerk arguments evoking a threat of loss of a row of individual freedoms because they are ultimately worth more than the safety of people as a whole.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post

I never said it will be an immediate fix Rome wasn't built in a day, it will be a lengthy process but a very worthy one. Do you honestly think banning guns is not a good thing for the greater good. People will murder because reasons but I'm saying we can stop mass killings by getting rid of this childish gun culture its possible just needs time and effort.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    You can't say "when it fits all criteria except the political goal", becaue the goal and motive behind it are literally the only things that separate it as "terrorism" rather than just random (horrific) violence.

Well no. By UK and US legal definitions there DOES have to be more to it than just the violence.
    Dude, you got people fleeing in terror running for their lives. What more do you need to call it terrorism?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Your gun culture will change if you have zero access to guns if u cant shoot with a gun you have no culture with said gun and wouldn't that be nice for all of us.
    Meanwhile we'll still be killing ourselves at a much higher rates with drugs, drunk drivers, obesity, suicides, etc, etc.

You think banning guns will be this magical transformation where no one will argue or fight for their rights?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Dude, you got people fleeing in terror running for their lives. What more do you need to call it terrorism?
    There has to be a political aspect for the federal government to classify it as terrorism. The definition of terrorism specifically states that an attack has to target civilians and be political in nature. Literally anything that targets someone causes some amount of terror in the victim. That's why we narrow it down. A rape victim isn't a terrorist victim for example.

[QUOTE=urasim;47484731]Meanwhile we'll still be killing ourselves at a much higher rates with drugs, drunk drivers, obesity, suicides, etc, etc.

You think banning guns will be this magical transformation where no one will argue or fight for their rights?

Well ofc pple will fight and argue for there rights I'm saying the 2nd amendment right should be scrapped entirely for obvious reasons. An outdated "right" that has no position in the modern world

You cant obviously make laws to stop stupid pple doing stupid things we don't have thought control. but banning guns and removing them from the populace will significantly reduce gun deaths and chances of mass shootings as seen this week. Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    While I am trying to catch up on 100 pages that I missed over the day, I hope you rescinded this bullshit after we have learned NOTHING about the actual guy's background yet or his motive. If you think this is that Geary Danley dude, you would be wrong.
    Are you stalking me, ser?

10+ Year Old Account

Well ofc pple will fight and argue for there rights I'm saying the 2nd amendment right should be scrapped entirely for obvious reasons. An outdated "right" that has no position in the modern world

You cant obviously make laws to stop stupid pple doing stupid things we don't have thought control. but banning guns and removing them from the populace will significantly reduce gun deaths and chances of mass shootings as seen this week. Agree?
    couldn't we just make illegal to shoot people?
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Yet again, arguments that more gun laws won't help is proven wrong by other countries. Those other countries are all great places to live, if not better than the US, and they don't have anywhere near the amount of gun violence as the US.

It's like listening to people claim single payer healthcare doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    couldn't we just make illegal to shoot people?
    It is illegal to shoot people welcome to Earth

That doesn't stop people being shot tho does it? remove the gun then people cant be shot #Logic

"Obvious reasons" What are those? How's it outdated?

It would just reduce death in one area and increase them in another. This guy was a pilot. He could have taken a small plane and flown it into that concert and killed far more people. Especially if he loaded it with fuel. "Trucks of peace" will be more commonplace. Especially if they've removed rights and made the populace very angry with the country.

Also, good luck getting rid of the second amendment. A very large chunk of the US approve of the right. If they removed it without the democratic process, they might see a coup happen. So much shit could be headed their way. They have to handle this very carefully. Hot heads, like yours, don't help either.

Did you fail history?