Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    Yet again, arguments that more gun laws won't help is proven wrong by other countries. Those other countries are all great places to live, if not better than the US, and they don't have anywhere near the amount of gun violence as the US.

It's like listening to people claim single payer healthcare doesn't work.
    I think you are misunderstanding the issue. Nobody is saying it wouldnt work. Yes, if you remove guns you will have less gun crime. If you remove cars you will have less accidents. The issue is the 2nd Amendment and what to do about the hundreds of millions of guns already owned by people. The issue is Europeans have the trust of their Governments. The average US Citizen despises half the people in power in our Government, they despise half the population that voted for them. SOOOO, we have a population that DISTRUSTS our government. Hell, when they try to pass laws that determine who can or cannot marry, who can or cannot have abortions, etc..etc.. who can blame them.

We have a population that distrusts the very law enforcement entities that are sworn to enforce laws.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-10-03 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyfluff View Post
    I never said it will be an immediate fix Rome wasn't built in a day, it will be a lengthy process but a very worthy one. Do you honestly think banning guns is not a good thing for the greater good. People will murder because reasons but I'm saying we can stop mass killings by getting rid of this childish gun culture its possible just needs time and effort.
    Small point to make...tragedies like this are not gun culture. Gun culture is a dad teaching his son to shoot beer cans in the backyard with a BB gun. Gun culture is people bonding though hunting or skeet shooting. What happened in Vegas is violence...and nothing else. Dont assume pro-gun people arent as disgusted and pissed off about these things as anti-gun people.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well ofc pple will fight and argue for there rights I'm saying the 2nd amendment right should be scrapped entirely for obvious reasons. An outdated "right" that has no position in the modern world

You cant obviously make laws to stop stupid pple doing stupid things we don't have thought control. but banning guns and removing them from the populace will significantly reduce gun deaths and chances of mass shootings as seen this week. Agree?
    Your argument falls completely flat when looking at countries like Switzerland with more guns per capita, a healthy gun culture, and very low gun-related crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Your argument falls completely flat when looking at countries like Switzerland with more guns per capita, a healthy gun culture, and very low gun-related crime.
    Switzerland had mandatory conscription. Not the same comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Switzerland has strict firearm regulations - ones that we should emulate in the States. And yes, their firearm culture is much better than ours.

They also have the fifth highest suicide rate by firearm in the world.
    Eat yo vegetables

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IamStardust View Post
    Switzerland had mandatory conscription. Not the same comparison.
    "a healthy gun culture" - I'm aware it's not apples to apples. I'm saying banning all guns is not a necessary or even feasible solution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wondering if I missed any calls to boycott the enablers of this tragedy?

I mean there were sure plenty of calls to boycott the NFL over #takeaknee or Star Wars over having SWJ lead characters.

Personally I'm thinking of boycotting Cabela's. Gonna miss all those kitschy trophy animals.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Slide...ck/1403492.uts
    Slide Fire™ AR-15 Stock

Increases your rifle’s rate of fire
    Safe, legal and fun
    Works on most AR-15s
    Right- and left-hand stocks available
    Maximize your fun with this safe and innovative AR-15 stock, which uses bump-fire technology to shoot as quickly as desired. The rugged, weatherproof stock is made of high-strength, reinforced polymer, delivering a lifetime of rapid-firing fun. Designed for use on AR-15s that are equipped with carbine-style buffer assemblies and mil-spec or commercial buffer tubes. This stock is approved by the BATFE and does not require any special permits to use. Quick, easy installation with no permanent modifications necessary. Includes stock mounting hardware, interface block/nut retainer, hex key and instructions. Made in USA.
    Available: Right hand, Left hand.

Freedom Unleashed!

10+ Year Old Account
    "safe, legal and fun" three words I would have never thought associated with a gun lol :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post

I mean there were sure plenty of calls to boycott the NFL over #takeaknee or Star Wars over having SWJ lead characters.

Personally I'm thinking of boycotting Cabela's. Gonna miss all those kitschy trophy animals.
    I am boycotting country music. Clearly the lyrics promote a healthy gun culture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I'm sure we will see lawsuits against the manufacturers of certain bump stocks. Will be interesting to see if the courts allow them to proceed.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I am boycotting country music. Clearly the lyrics promote a healthy gun culture.
    I wouldn't completely give up on country music. Canadian Country Music is a nice alternative. Plenty of twang without all that asshole vibe.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is illegal to shoot people welcome to Earth

That doesn't stop people being shot tho does it? remove the gun then people cant be shot #Logic
    I have an idea we could make it illegal to get shot?

But f this guy, from what we seen so far he didn’t have no motivation to do this since he appently been having a decent retirement

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Meanwhile we'll still be killing ourselves at a much higher rates with drugs, drunk drivers, obesity, suicides, etc, etc.

You think banning guns will be this magical transformation where no one will argue or fight for their rights?

There has to be a political aspect for the federal government to classify it as terrorism. The definition of terrorism specifically states that an attack has to target civilians and be political in nature. Literally anything that targets someone causes some amount of terror in the victim. That's why we narrow it down. A rape victim isn't a terrorist victim for example.
    Whatever his motivations were you could still argue it was political anyhow and I bet some will...

Problem is everything boils down to policy and politics in the end so arguing whether or not it was terrorism or not is just semantics that doesn't solve the problem from happening again down the line. You can make politics out of everything so what isn't political in nature?
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The self defense argument falls apart when said guns used for to protect tend to just put people in body bags. Having a B&E is rare enough as it is, having someone want to legitimately murder you is even rarer.

I have long been convinced that guns have served several main purposes: criminal use, profession related, and entertainment. The last two are perfectly fine reasons to own a gun IMO, self defense argument fell apart some time ago.

My opinion on what should be done with gun owner ship is this: At least require a course/test before licenses are awarded. We require standards for just driving because automobiles are dangerous, not sure why guns are exempt.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought B&Es happen at a rate of 1.7+ million per year in the U.S. That's a B&E at about every 18 seconds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    If guns weren't involved in said break in, I am well trained in the use of swords, and have wide rooms in which to swing or thrust. Bring it!

German Long Knife. Excellent for home protection. The blade is about 25 inches long. Works well in tight areas where a traditional long sword just won't do.
    I have a Pike i use for home defense.

Its particularly useful for defending against home intruders employing cavalry charges.

Quote Originally Posted by Sim View Post
    This is getting really stupid. How many are going to have to die in mass shootings before people get their heads outta their own asses and realize this is a serious problem that needs to be stopped?

477 Days. 521 Mass Shootings. 585 killed. 2,156 injured.

How many more have to die before "muh guns" isn't a good enough excuse?
    It's gotta be a lot more than 600 killed before the population is stripped of our rights. I can tell you that. In less days (a mere 365), in the U.S. alone, 40,000 people died by car...and cars aren't illegal...and driving isn't even a right. Surprising you don't care about those lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    It's gotta be a lot more than 600 killed before the population is stripped of our rights. I can tell you that. In less days (a mere 365), in the U.S. alone, 40,000 people died by car...and cars aren't illegal...and driving isn't even a right. Surprising you don't care about those lives.
    You silly goose, it doesn't fit his agenda. That is why he doesn't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Cars are needed to move people, and the vast majority of those deaths are accidents. Comparing those to mass murder is more than tasteless. You guys really don't care about those victims at all. Disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Cars are needed to move people, and the vast majority of those deaths are accidents. Comparing those to mass murder is more than tasteless. You guys really don't care about those victims at all. Disgusting.
    105 people die each and every minute. More people died since your last post than in all 500 days of "mass shootings". The fact that you don't care about that is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    VERY rarely are traffic collisions, "accidents". Someone is always to blame for a vehicle collision, even if its only one vehicle involved. Now, if you are a "responsible" driver (hence responsible gun owner) you wouldn't have as many "accidents". derp derp...