Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don't really care for tauren paladins at all, their lore seems so out of nowhere and I'd much rather have Forsaken as the new Horde paladin class. If they can be priests then I don't see how they can not be paladins.

Goblin shamans look pretty stupid despite having their in-game relationship with elementals explained (there's this goblin in Deepholme shown doing business with his elementals). They haven't shown to ever care for any shamanistic stuff and I don't buy that they can become so skilled, to the point that they get to be the so-called class leader and gaining Doomhammer.

Forsaken death knight, because of how silly their backstory looks now. So first they were a normal human in Lordaeron, died by Arthas and were raised as an undead, broke free and joined Sylvanas, died again and serves Arthas again, broke free and serves Sylvanas again, dies yet again during the Arthas fight and almost had to serve Arthas yet again... Forsaken DK's are literally frisbees being played by Arthas and Sylvanas.

Pretty much every monk except pandaren, actually I could see humans being monks as they were trained so in Scarlet Monastery. Forsaken monks look the most stupid as their limbs should break off the moment they kick or punch. It also doesn't make much sense that a gnome can hit just as hard as a tauren.

Not saying they should all be removed but I find them the most dumb combo's.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Tauren DO have rogues. They're just so good at their job that you NEVER see them. Sorry.

In all seriousness, why couldn't tauren be rogues? They have an entire aspect of their coming of age ritual that's all about the hunt. Do you think their hunters just don't sneak up on wild animals? I never understood the reasoning behind not allowing tauren rogues "Oh, they're big! So obviously they can't be quiet or sneaky!"

Same goes for Gnomes. Just because they're small means they can't fight?
    Because he big and farts. Pretty hard to stealth with it.

none its a game let poeple play what they want

I don't really care for tauren paladins at all, their lore seems so out of nowhere and I'd much rather have Forsaken as the new Horde paladin class. If they can be priests then I don't see how they can not be paladins.
    Because Forsaken priest is shadow spec lorewise? Did you saw shadow spec for paladins?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    none its a game let poeple play what they want
    When game stops following it's own lore i would call its fan service.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    It's not racism. A gnome's two-handed sword is a tauren's skinning knife. A tauren's War Stomp, in a realistic scenario, wouldn't stun a gnome warrior: it would turn him into canned paste. People joke about 'punting gnomes', but that would actually be how a non-dwarf character would deal with those lawn ornaments.

To rub salt in that wound, when BEs were introduced, they couldn't be warriors "because they had 'frail builds'." Like gnomes were any better.
    Since when do smaller people automatically lose against bigger people? Such bias.

A skilled gnome could very well kill a tauren. Taurens are slow and not very flexible making them bigger and easier targets to slash. Even with smaller swords.

So, maybe you shouldn't come up with that. It is nothing but bias. Big does not equal better. But again, why not mention goblins? Why the racism?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There never should have been restrictions in the first place. You don't tell people in D&D "you can't make a Halfling Druid!" If someone wants to be a Vampire Cleric, or a Half-Orc/Shark Minstrel-Wizard, you *encourage* it.

That said, if I ever thought any combo choices were weird, it was the choice of Human Warlocks over Night Elf Warlocks. All you see in the Night Elf starting experience is demon corruption everywhere. Meanwhile all across Elwynn, Westfall, or Redridge you get like... one dude in a mage tower. So like, all of War of the Ancients, and then Humans, having the "Perception" racial... on top of having a huge Mage Tower. All of them training and teaching "Detect Magic" all day, and yet, Warlocks just going on living all fine and dandy under a bar completely invisible. Like, yeah, okay.
    WoW aint D&D...

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Since when do smaller people automatically lose against bigger people? Such bias.

A skilled gnome could very well kill a tauren. Taurens are slow and not very flexible making them bigger and easier targets to slash. Even with smaller swords.

So, maybe you shouldn't come up with that. It is nothing but bias. Big does not equal better. But again, why not mention goblins? Why the racism?
    You mention being "flexible". A set of full plate armor does not allow you to be "flexible'. If you pair a gnome rogue against a tauren warrior, then I see your point. But a full plate vs full plate? Nope.

Being bigger certainly confers some cons, like being slower and all-around easier to hit, but it also has quite a few benefits, like being stronger, longer reach, and a body naturally more resilient against damage. The full plate the tauren wears is heavier and thicker than the one the gnome is wearing, so you may think, at first, that this gives the gnome advantage, right? Not really. Because we're not talking about two beings with the same strength score. The gnome's plate armor is roughly just as heavy to the gnome as the tauren plate armor is to the tauren, relatively speaking. The gnome is roughly just as encumbered by the armor as the tauren is, and what speed the gnome's size gives him is basically negated by the armor.

Deleted
    Gnome priests I know they're in lore meant to be medics, but if you have to turn it into something it's not it shouldn't be a combination

Goblin priests see above, also I find it hard to believe goblins would have any kind of fate in anything but money

Goblin shaman, I know they make "deals" with the elements but I cannot imagine any elemental would make any sort of deal with the greedy little devils when they abandoned thrall for being dishonorable

Worgen druids, "ohohoho watch me shape my shift not once but twice!" I know it makes sense in the lore but I just think it looks ridiculous, perhaps because worgen models are god awful

Troll druids same as worgen, kind of ridiculous to me, maybe I'm just kind of traditional when it comes to combos

Tauren paladins and priests "Oh they're actually sun druids!" Then their spell effects should reflect that, and the class should be called something else.

Gnome and goblin warriors and death knights

tauren paladin
    dwarf warlock
    gnome hunter

top 3 frm my perspective

10+ Year Old Account
    there should be less restrictions, not more

dont get why people dont understand how goblins/gnomes/tauren be the holy classes as if those races cant belive in the light
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    There never should have been restrictions in the first place. You don't tell people in D&D "you can't make a Halfling Druid!" If someone wants to be a Vampire Cleric, or a Half-Orc/Shark Minstrel-Wizard, you *encourage* it.
    This.
    Orc Bards are the best, especially when you roll low intelligence and RP it.
    Some of the best songs ever made.

But really, no class/race combo should be blocked anymore.
    I get that we as the player characters start out from the base stock of whatever race we choose, so we are influenced by what's available to us, but come on.
    I'm the king of my order now (several orders, actually, due to alts), so as the player character, I have not only accomplished great feats, but have overcome adversity, forging alliances with unlikely companions, and ultimately have saved the world (of warcraft) from the brink of utter annihilation.
    So, give me a gnome druid, goddammit.

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    Night elves were the first race to awaken on Azeroth. It's canon. Are YOU serious? "lol"
    He's quoting an RPG book which have been non-canon for years. If night elves descended from trolls when they were changed by the magic of the Well of Eternity then how could night elves have come before trolls?

Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    Because Forsaken priest is shadow spec lorewise?
    This hasn't been true for a while, though.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead, and that World of Warcraft died with him."

how is tauren paladin a mess up?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You mention being "flexible". A set of full plate armor does not allow you to be "flexible'. If you pair a gnome rogue against a tauren warrior, then I see your point. But a full plate vs full plate? Nope.

Being bigger certainly confers some cons, like being slower and all-around easier to hit, but it also has quite a few benefits, like being stronger, longer reach, and a body naturally more resilient against damage. The full plate the tauren wears is heavier and thicker than the one the gnome is wearing, so you may think, at first, that this gives the gnome advantage, right? Not really. Because we're not talking about two beings with the same strength score. The gnome's plate armor is roughly just as heavy to the gnome as the tauren plate armor is to the tauren, relatively speaking. The gnome is roughly just as encumbered by the armor as the tauren is, and what speed the gnome's size gives him is basically negated by the armor.
    Yes, relatively speaking the armor makes no difference. Wich is why the Tauren is still heavier and slower than the gnome.
    So, it's an hypothetical battle of a slow powerful hitter versus a fast less powerful hitter. Who wins? It's a toss up. Either way, that kind of combat doesn't exist in WoW. Could be cool if it did, but it doesn't. So, parity it is.

Anything Tauren that isn't followed by the word "Burger".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    There shouldn't be any restrictions at all.
    At the end up the day i wish those thick skulled devs would understand that. Class/race restrictions make no sense. Our caracters are non-specific elements of lore. They don't need to have factions of every class in the lore to learn it. They can be odd-balls. It changes nothing in the lore. If anything, it makes them more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    At the end up the day i wish those thick skulled devs would understand that. Class/race restrictions make no sense. Our caracters are non-specific elements of lore. They don't need to have factions of every class in the lore to learn it. They can be odd-balls. It changes nothing in the lore. If anything, it makes them more unique.
    Funny part, is that from an RP pov at the game, some class combos are still just as rare to see in game as they would be in lore. Dwarf warlocks, tauren shadow priests, non-panda monks.

Goblin shaman. Goblin do not like nature they destroy it. Perhaps they could be a few that like nature (lore wise) and that are the one that are shammys in game

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    Imo Tauren Paladin was a big screw up
    Gnome/Goblin warriors.