Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Both are pretty cute.

- - - Updated - - -

Ever get to the last couple of episodes of an anime? and just cant face it ending because you really enjoy it.

- - - Updated - - -

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post

you should watch that show if you aren't, it was made for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    you should watch that show if you aren't, it was made for you.
    Whats it called?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Konohana Kitan.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I just finished it, it was pretty cute.
    Was pretty cute.

Deleted
    Absolutely disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravath View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.
    The dead ought to remain that way

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    wow, you told him to kill himself. MODSSSS

Are you one of those SJW's?

Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    You could say that he should of remained in the Grave-th.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Are you one of those SJW's?
    I'm white .

You see, if you're already dead, you can't kill yourself.

I'm white .
    What does that have to do with it?

10+ Year Old Account

A lot of music.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Princess Principal – 6/10

“PriPri” is a series that has no right working, and yet almost manages to pull it off. The premise is every bit as ludicrous as anime can muster these days: in an alternate steampunk universe, Victorian England split into two rival countries. The Commonwealth and Empire have entered into a cold war of espionage with each other, with the Berli….London Wall dividing the capital. Unfortunately, Sean Connery was late for his audition, and the part of ace spy for the Commonwealth is played by Ange, a petite gray-haired girl with a wholly nonfunctional spy outfit. Along with her crack team of teenage associates, she conspires with Charlotte, a princess of the Empire, to bridge the two sides.

If the above description does not impress, then one is in good company. The unorthodox inclusion of young girls into inappropriate roles has long ceased to be novel in anime. In fact, the habitual reliance on this trope has become tiresome, detrimental to the production of any serious atmosphere. One is simply overwhelmed by the unintended comedy of having grown men being threatened by such diminutive characters, let alone the obvious inappropriateness in terms of emotional maturity and training.

Yeah, this ain't terrifying.

Yet against my will the first couple of episodes dared me to hope that PriPri might rise above its mediocre origins. It introduces itself curtly with a bare minimum exposition before diving in. Initial indications are that the series will explain as it goes, expecting the viewer to keep up; a welcome contrast to having every detail carefully spoon fed to the audience. The cavorite sphere is a good example of this: by the handling it is clearly valuable, by the reaction of others it is novel, and by the necessity of cooling it there are limitations. No exposition needed.

The portrayal of the world also imparts a sense of impending depth. The hospital of the first episode suggests a darker tone, perhaps intimations about exposing the ugliness of the industrial-era society or the drawbacks to Ange’s prolonged exposure to the sphere. Similarly, the fight at the end was more graphic than one would expect for such a series. However, it is Ange who steals the show.

Good characters have flaws, and in the first two episodes Ange has flaws aplenty. Introduced as a pathological liar, she has no trouble telling falsehoods to allies and enemies. This culminates in the most brutal first episode this season: having taken a traitor to a remote location he turns and asks her whether she intends to kill him. She coldly answers, “no” and then fires. “No.” Another shot. Half a dozen denied bullets loaded into the man. This isn’t professionalism, but the sign of a person broken.* The second episode also wastes no time, introducing the driving plot of the series, and ending with all the internet viewers frantically deciphering the handwritten letter to see what comes next. All in all, one of the strongest starts of the season.

“Please put 50,000 dollars into this bag and apt natural. I am pointing a gub at you.”

Unfortunately, this is where my praise will come to a wrenching halt. There were indications in the first few episodes that PriPri might not live up to its potential, but I selectively paid them no heed. The blinders could not be maintained as the mediocrity of the series mounted; all the tantalizing indications above come to naught in a collapse toward the black hole of the moe girl standard. Ange is made relatable and vulnerable, the ambitious princess a bleeding heart. Secondary characters are squandered as convenient tropes and eye candy, as are the details of their world. Disconcerting scenes become rare. Friendship, rather than the necessities of espionage, come to dominate the narrative.

Most frustrating was the consistency with which it marginally fell short. All episodes Most episodes had within them the spark, the small piece of inspiration that if only executed with more proficiency and less pandering would have born quality. A brilliantly choreographed fight here, a touching scene of a lost father there…it kept me going every week, hoping that perhaps this was merely the lull in the middle of the series, a doldrums that would escaped from by the end.

So close to being impactful, yet so far.

That, however, was not to be. Even my damningly faint praise must be reined in for the final episode. Its eerie ability to anticipate my entire “Please Don’t” checklist was disconcerting:

• Please don’t have Dorothy come back just to help Ange.
    • Please don’t let Chise choose her friends over duty.
    • Please don’t allow Ange to escape from the airship and ride to the rescue.
    • Please don’t involve Beatrice just because she needs air time.
    • Please don’t let the entire cast escape the consequences of their actions.
    • Please don’t have a dangling end for a second season.

In other words: please don’t be completely cliché in every regard. My attempts at parody became dismal foreshadowing instead. After the always-enjoyable opening song played for the last time, it was a disappointing conclusion to what had started with such promise. It seems on principle that these sorts of series appear at first disguised as princesses only to be revealed as paupers.

Final verdict: First few episodes will be remembered fondly for the energy they provoked while airing. Not a series I intend to ever rewatch or recommend to others.

"Isn't treason fun?

Finished K-on ;_;

What do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Finished K-on ;_;

What do?
    rewatch k-on and the movie.
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

Finished K-on ;_;

What do?
    Watch Tamako Market and the movie afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Millhi View Post
    rewatch k-on and the movie.
    I dont think my doki doki can take it.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Watch Tamako Market and the movie afterwards.
    I might have to give this a watch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for a new watch list:

Good:
    *none so far

Meh:
    *Black Clover

Crap:
    *Dies Irae
    *Net-juu no Susume
    *Taishou Chicchai-san
    *Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou
    *Ame-iro Cocoa Series: Ame-con!!
    *Infini-T Force
    *Tsukipro The Animation
    *Just Because!
    *Konohana Kitan
    *Urahara
    *Osake wa Fuufu ni Natte kara
    *Juuni Taisen
    *Sengoku Night Blood
    *Osomatsu-san 2
    *UQ Holder!: Mahou Sensei Negima! 2
    *Gintama. Porori-hen (still shit, just let it die already)
    *The iDOLMASTER Side M

Things i still have to check:
    *Kino no Tabi: The Beautiful World
    *Ousama Game The Animation

Very week season this time.
    Don't sweat the details!!!