Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I honestly wouldn't mind but would most likely also mean we wouldn't get overly complicated fights.
    I hate the fact that I have to spend more time looking at timers than the actual fight. I would gladly welcome this. Slightly less complicated fights that I can actually pay attention to would be a big improvement in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    You are basically wrong. DBM uses a lot of APIs. If you break DBM, addons like Badboy would probably break too.

- - - Updated - - -

Breaking addons wont make the difficulty easier. Blizzard is breaking all kinds of addons the entire expansion. Is the difficulty dropping? No. Mythic ToS is the most difficult raid after wotlk.
    I never said breaking addons would make the difficulty easier, so I'm not sure why you're directing that at one of my quotes. It's possible that you're getting confused.

As for your slippery slope argument, sure killing DBM might impact other addons temporarily. That would be unfortunate, but is kind of an aside to the point of the thread.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Daltin View Post
    I'm not going to divulge into his personal life, because that's his. But him declining the job wasn't because he "wanted" to, it was because he "had" to. He couldn't go, not that he didn't want to.

It's still pretty much a non-issue. If you can write code well enough that a company of Blizzard's caliber will offer you a job, then you have a HIGHLY marketable skill... So even if DBM gets a leg-sweep, the guy is going to survive just fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I never said breaking addons would make the difficulty easier, so I'm not sure why you're directing that at one of my quotes. It's possible that you're getting confused.

As for your slippery slope argument, sure killing DBM might impact other addons temporarily. That would be unfortunate, but is kind of an aside to the point of the thread.
    You admit you are just QQ baby and have nothing to rant about?

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    I never said breaking addons would make the difficulty easier
    It would though. Without basic things like timers Blizzard would have to reduce the coordination requirements for the raids.

Or even just a fight like Inquisition with Fel Squall. You have to move out before the ability happens or you get shat on. Blizzard would have to entirely change that mechanic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It would though. Without basic things like timers Blizzard would have to reduce the coordination requirements for the raids.
    No. Blizzard will just implement their own version of timer and make the requirements even higher (since everyone now has timer.)

- - - Updated - - -

Dumb things like LFR/LFG is the proof when you break 3rd party addons

No, but I do think if they're going to design encounters around it being there, they should just make their own thing in the UI that does the same stuff.

Ultimately, I do think DBM is a thing that's bad to be a core part of the game, especially in a capacity where it's felt to be needed, but, whatever. I still use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    No, but I do think if they're going to design encounters around it being there, they should just make their own thing in the UI that does the same stuff.
    I think there was a response to this a while back regarding UI addons at least. They effectively said "we don't see a reason to make anything because it all already exists as addons that we allow." It's the lazy way out, but honestly true.
    Last edited by masterhorus8; 2017-10-04 at 12:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why? Remove the choice for those people who don't like certain kinds of addons?

Ultimately, I do think DBM is a thing that's bad to be a core part of the game, especially in a capacity where it's felt to be needed, but, whatever. I still use it.
    You think you do, but you dont

Why? Remove the choice for those people who don't like certain kinds of addons?

You think you do, but you dont
    Then give people an option to turn it off. I don't know. I'm just in favor of more options being built in.

Granted, if I'm going to wish for any option to be built in without having an addon, it's going to be movable action bars and being able to assign certain buttons as hot keys that the base UI doesn't allow without addons. DBM is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down on that list, practically not even worth caring about.

7+ Year Old Account
    For example, I never like weakauras and never use that shit. However, if blizzard breaks weakauras, it would probably integrate features of wa into my client and my client would just have a lower fps. They don't even give me the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Then give people an option to turn it off. I don't know. I'm just in favor of more options being built in.
    That wont work. It also increases the size of client. Tell me how to disable Blizzard premade group/LFR system.

Granted, if I'm going to wish for any option to be built in without having an addon, it's going to be movable action bars and being able to assign certain buttons as hot keys that the base UI doesn't allow without addons. DBM is waaaaaaaaaaaaay down on that list, practically not even worth caring about.
    Blizzard default UI is addon.

For example, I never like weakauras and never use that shit. However, if blizzard breaks weakauras, it would probably integrate features of wa into my client and my client would just have a lower fps. They don't even give me the choice.

- - - Updated - - -

That wont work. It also increases the size of client.

Blizzard default UI is addon.
    You know what I mean -_-

7+ Year Old Account
    You know what I mean -_-
    I don't know what you mean. People like you are just QQ babies.

- - - Updated - - -

What I basically want to do is to shut down all blizzard UI addons and write them by myself. Their code is BAD.

I don't know what you mean. People like you are just QQ babies.
    Holy Jesus hell, why are you suddenly so aggressive?

What did I even QQ about?

7+ Year Old Account
    DBM is here to stay and Blizzard can not break it. As with many other things, if Blizzard tries to bar the players from using it in-game, people will just create a program that works outside the game.

Blizzard have to create encounters around the Addon and also around people not having it. It is hard, but it is how the world is right now. Things change.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it. Anything that makes the game more about playing the UI instead of playing the environment I feel should be gotten rid of. This includes invisible mechanics that require you to use addons like DBM to begin with. I feel like some DPS rotations should also be streamlined more. Playing WW Monk allows me to focus intensely on what's going on around me yet when playing Subtlety rogue I feel like I'm glued to UI to watch for mechanics such as Shadow Technique and cooldowns. I reckon there are more specs that makes it feel like you're glued to watching for timers due to how tight their rotations are.

In a perfect world encounters would be about paying attention to specific boss animations and environment cues and communicating those to your fellow raiders in order to understand what's going to happen next, not mechanics with specific timers that you need to have an addon for in order to keep track of them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    DBM is here to stay and Blizzard can not break it. As with many other things, if Blizzard tries to bar the players from using it in-game, people will just create a program that works outside the game.
    We don't talk about illegal stuff.

Blizzard have to create encounters around the Addon and also around people not having it. It is hard, but it is how the world is right now. Things change.
    LOL. False claim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    I'd like it. Anything that makes the game more about playing the UI instead of playing the environment I feel should be gotten rid of. This includes invisible mechanics that require you to use addons like DBM to begin with. I feel like some DPS rotations should also be streamlined more. Playing WW Monk allows me to focus intensely on what's going on around me yet when playing Subtlety rogue I feel like I'm glued to UI to watch for mechanics such as Shadow Technique and cooldowns. I reckon there are more specs that makes it feel like you're glued to watching for timers due to how tight their rotations are.
    Play the UI. Play the environment. LOL

In a perfect world encounters would be about paying attention to specific boss animations and environment cues and communicating those to your fellow raiders in order to understand what's going to happen next, not mechanics with specific timers that you need to have an addon for in order to keep track of them.
    PERFECT WORLD!!! LOL

No, DBM shouldn't be broken, nor should WA. While yes it does make fights easier, it also covers Blizzards poorly designed fights that fail to warn you of incoming mechanics or how to deal with them without any audio/visual indication.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love watching people's cry! How about deleting LFR and Arena first since they are just failure?

- - - Updated - - -

10 char LOL

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20755546851

Look at what blizzard did after they broke nameplates addons. They don't even care colorblind people

Your argument is dumb. Break all 3rd party addons? Even spam filters addons like DBM/BlockChinese?
    - - - Updated - - -

Is there a way to change the friendly nameplates back to being blue? My color blind butt cant tell friend from foe anymore while ina group. :/

Edit - See at bottom of page to see reply to ticket. We need to hit 25 pages to draw attention to this issue.
    This kind of shit is something after you break addons

Reminder to the ignorant that DBM/BW is taken into account when designing new fights.

If they didn't exist, you'd end up with garbage like most of Molten Core where the "difficulty" was dispelling 40 players every other GCD and very high artificial numbers. YAAAAAAAAAAWN. Nothing else would make me quit WoW that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    No, DBM shouldn't be broken, nor should WA. While yes it does make fights easier, it also covers Blizzards poorly designed fights that fail to warn you of incoming mechanics or how to deal with them without any audio/visual indication.
    Blizzard should really look at Squeenix when it comes to telegraphing mechanics. While idk about the expansions, I did a lot of the trials/raids in FFXIV: ARR and they were really fun having the vanilla UI (dunno if addons even exist for it). Also the music was OUTSTANDING, something that Blizzard has never done right: Battle Music.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.